Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
C
looking for some feedback on these scopes , who else makes a scout scope besides leupold ?

BP-B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by CUTNHARE
looking for some feedback on these scopes , who else makes a scout scope besides leupold ?
..........I have a 2.75x Burris scout scope and use it on occasion atop my Ruger Frontier which can also can accomodate a conventionally mounted scope which I use more. It is a good and a very tough little scout scope. It is fast aiming and is very lightweight. Optics are very good and comparable to that of the 2.5x Leupold scout.

Some pistol scopes can also be used as rifle scout scopes. For scout rifles though, make sure you double check the eye relief specs. The Burris 2-7x32 is one and the 2.5-8x28 Nikon Monarch EER w/fast focus is another.

While the scout scopes have some advantages in speed and no chance of ever getting scope whacked, the real dis-advantages for some, if you can call them that, are their reduced FOVs and lack of magnification for the fixed powers. Nevertheless, a 2.5x or 2.75x fixed scope, is enough to take any deer sized animal and larger out to 250-300 yards and maybe a little more.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Junk.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Junk.............
......Big Shhtick!...........If someone is of the opinion that scout scopes are junk, most would think they`d give some kind of an explanation as to why??

Junk?..............You`re a little off the mark. Way off the mark as a matter of fact.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tell yourself,whatever you wanna hear most.

You'll perhaps be able to bullschitt yourself,but that's as far as it goes.

Do try...............(please)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Tell yourself,whatever you wanna hear most.

You'll perhaps be able to bullschitt yourself,but that's as far as it goes.

Do try...............(please)
.......Ya know something? You`re a damn blithering idiot. You probably have no scout scope experience either.

I don`t need to tell myself anything based on want I wish to hear the most. And I don`t need to bullschitt myself either.

Clown!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Junk.............

Damn that's funny! Gonna hurt some feelings!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Calvin
[quote=Big Stick]Junk.............

Damn that's funny! Gonna hurt some feelings! [/quote.....Yep! Big Schmuck is funny. No feelings hurt here.

He is entitled to state what he wishes to, or the "lack" of it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What do you say to a guy that thinks a Scout Scope is sumptin' and trumpeting a Burris version to boot?

Other than nice TRY...............

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
What do you say to a guy that thinks a Scout Scope is sumptin' and trumpeting a Burris version to boot?

Other than nice TRY...............
.............You apparently lack the vocabulary, skill and thought to tell us why the scouts happen to be junk. Your fingers must be lazy when it comes to explaining such things on a keyboard?

After someone typed in their one worded opinion,,,"JUNK",,,I`m sure the O/P might appreciate it more if there were some additional thought from a scout scope detractor such as yourself?

The scout scopes serve their purpose. And btw, you didn`t state whether or not you had any scout scope experience.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Scout scopes suck, all of them.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Agreed. You would be better off learning to use a good set of peep sights.

Here's why they suck: long eye relief comes with limited eye box, unless your head is properly positioned you won't get a good look through a scout scope. It is slower, for me, to use a scout scope than it is to use a conventionally mounted scope of the same magnification.

The only useful application I have seen for the Leupold 2x EER scout scope is on large bore Ruger #1's where they allow for forward mounting using the factor Ruger rings. In that application, the additional eye relief is useful, but the eyebox is noticeably smaller than the view through a conventional Leupold 2.5x.

As for the Burris scope specifically, I have seen them and looked through one mounted on a Savage scout rifle. It was inferior, to my eye, to the Leupold, which was, in turn, inferior to the standard Leupold M8 2.5x.

If you must have a forward mounted optic, check out a good red dot such as the Aimpoint Micro or Trijicon RMR. They're light, small and fast to work with.

Last edited by Oregon45; 10/23/10.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I took some ktown coasties hunting today.. I think they learned the meaning of Junk after the trip to the top of the mountain.. (grin) I suppose the nice thing to do would be to drive them to the nearest dumpster and let them unload.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've seen lots of guys throw out quite of a bit of [bleep] after only a few days. Seems they can't believe if it works in Vigina or Pencilvainya that it won't work in Alaska. They were wrong.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sweetheart,I don't guess...though I see you are rather at ease in same.

Which reiterates how one should always consider the source,despite that factoid being the furthest from your intentions.

You frosted your own cake,without even knowing it!................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You forgot to touch on the Burris wickedly wondering POI..................

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Scout scopes suck, all of them.
......Yep! Just another one who states that "scout scopes suck" right along with the other, who also has limited use of explaining "as to the why" skills.

At least Steelhead was able to come up with two more words than Big Stick.

C`mon boys, as tough as it may be, let`s go for a paragraph the next time, explaining to the OP why scouts suck and are junk............. whistle

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The glaring obvious needn't copious bandwidth,though I'm sure you'll wanna wax eloquent on your old lady's adam's apple.................

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've seen lots of guys throw out quite of a bit of [bleep] after only a few days. Seems they can't believe if it works in Vigina or Pencilvainya that it won't work in Alaska. They were wrong.

I think one of them said Alabama, and the other said Illinois. Good guys that I met in the airport shuttle on the way back from my moose trip. One of them managed to destroy an expensive Under Armour jacket on his first trip up the mountain..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everything is equal...until you start using it...................(grin)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
714 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 77 invisible), 2,706 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.