Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Jburner Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
This news is an hour old. You didn't hear it on CNN who isn't there.

Northern Uganda should be safe at the moment because the LRA is still north of the Uele River in north-eastern DR Congo and they are currently being pursued by combined armies from Uganda and the DR Congo.

This by no means should be taken to mean that they are boxed in but if there are any security problems in Uganda at the moment they would only come from Karamojong thieves and not from the LRA.

Southern Uganda is perfectly safe.

GB1

L
L
Hmm...

The word "small" does not spring to mind for buffalos from the North of Uganda. These are all from Northern Karamoja...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Our safari operator in Uganda has been taking buff at the smallest 38" up to 43" on average. There are definitely some huge buff walking around up there. These newly opened areas like Uganda, and,(we are trusting), Angola next season, make you wonder what new records are walking around out there.
I was in Africa this past september when a hunter in Mozambique came into camp with a 49" buff!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
[Linked Image]

I'd shoot this guy all day and on into the evening! What a specimen!

"This duty fell upon me and was the worst job I ever had in my life.
I have known men I would rather shoot than the worst of dogs."

Frank Wild
Second in Command
Endurance 1914-1916
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks at you like you owe him money... and a bath..

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somebody needs ask which areas of Uganda are pacified, and which still have bands of rogues running around with AK 47's? That may be old news, finished and done with, but I hope someone in the know (Steve?) will chime in.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I let my friend and PH read and respond to your question. He hunts Uganda and happens to be her in the States with me at this time.

"Basically the country is at peace,however this is Africa not Maine.

The place I hunt is in the north,on the bounday of the Kidepo park,on the border with Sudan.

Will you see pleople with guns, AK'S...YES.

There is a military presence in the area.

However none of my collegues,or myself, up to this point have been harassed in any way."

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
I SO want one of those big, ugly bastids...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I also hunt in the north and would bet I know Tim's friend.

The Karamoja is very wild indeed..... far wilder even than places like the Selous Reserve Tanzania.... but over recent years the locals have been rigorously disarmed and about the only AKs you're liable to see are the ones in the hands of army and game dept.

There is always the slight risk of a cattle raiding party coming across from Sudan but they're becoming increasingly rare due to that same rigorous policy of applying rule 303 to any non military or game dept staff seen in posession of any firearm.

You also need to take into account the sheer immensity of the Karamoja and the chances of you're being in the same place at the same time as these people are extremely remote.

The areas lack the game densities of places such as the SGR but nevertheless there are huntable population and good trophy quality there.

Don't expect an easy hunt though..... it ain't for cissies and the industry still needs a degree of improvement.

Have you swept the visioned valley with the green stream streaking though it?
Searched the vastness for a something you have lost?
Have you strung your soul to silence? Then for God's sake go and do it
Hear the challenge, learn the lesson, pay the cost
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
This one is NICE.

[Linked Image]

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 50 invisible), 2,937 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,594
Posts18,454,365
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.