Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Originally Posted by Enrique
I love threads like this. They can go either way and everyone has an opinion. I will share mine.

I have known Casey for about 4 years now. He's not a small guy and by no way a bully. He likes to joke and he sometimes calls it like he sees it. Not the most tactful guy, but you know what he means when he says it.
His LEO experience called into this thread I can only say this. The guy knows his stuff, presents himself very respectable and is a very good LEO. I am glad that I occasionally get to deal with him while at work so that when his character gets called into question I can vouch for him.

I think many people are missing the point. I might be completely wrong on this but reading what I read I can only try to understand what he is getting at.
I think he is pissed that this 14 year old kid told him to F off in his parents home. Who cares if he told him F off, but he did so where he grew up and thats the issue. Furthermore he told his mama that her boy is a azzhole. Using that language infront of anyone's mama is a no no. We all know that.
Maybe if the kid told him that outside or somewhere other than inside the house, this thread wouldn't have been posted. Maybe if the kid didn't go to Casey's mama and use azzhole this thread might not have been poseted. I don't know but can only speculate.
There is a thing called respect in someone elses house and the 14 year old kid didn't show it in the OP's parents house. That is the issue. Maybe the brother shoulda said "hey watch yourself" to his friend or said "hey leave us alone" to the OP. But he didn't. Maybe the kid shoulda been thrown out of the house when he talked to mama like he did and maybe got his butt kicked too.

We all know how 14 year old kids can be. They can be jerks. Especially when they think they can be tough. That still is no reason to back talk someone in another persons house. We can expect some kids to say that, but I don't expect that from my bro's friends. I'd be pi$$ed too.

Plus if I caught my bro or nephew jamming out to kesha I'd question there sexual orientation too. Have any of you heard her music?

Again there is no right or wrong to this topic, but I would say no one disrespects my mom much less in her own house. No matter if I started it or not.
I think Casey is right to be mad about this if I am understanding it correctly that the lanuage isn't the issue but where it happened and to who it happened to.

Hell we all have been talked crap to, But I've never had anyone talk crap to my mom. What would you guys do if someone went and started using bad language to your mom?

So I gotta go with Casey on this one if I am understanding it like I explained. If its not like I think and explained, then I might have to re-evaluate the situation. Little bro shoulda stood up for both sides tho.
14 yo or not you don't step up to someones mom. That's just asking for trouble. Good thing Casey is 25 and not 17.

Kique

I guess my problem is that at 51 I still tend to see 14 and 25, as both "kids". I'm thinking at 35 said OP will be able to handle such a dumb situation better.

Recognizing he gave the kid a hard time, how hard would it be to have just made the point, "look kid, I guess I had that coming, but I can't allow that type of profanity in my parents house, got it?"

Dont get me wrong, its not like I think I am world traveled and well experienced at the age of 25, nor do I demand respect. What I am aggravated about is a 14 year old using that kind of language. If you want to speak/act as an adult in my mind you should be treated like that. I know if I said that, in the tone of voice the kid did well I damn well better be ready to square off because any man/boy/person worth their weight in beans would not take such language and attitude sitting down.

Also, how could I have handled it better? I shot him a look, and left the room and left the situation alone. Now, I am on here asking if I over reacted by being pissed that a little 14 year old punk talking to me and my mother like that in their house.

Not only that, but I am getting flamed because I am a LEO and that I handled the situation so poorly? Was I probably wrong for going into the room and questioning them? Probably so, but the fact of the matter is if he or anyone reacts that way every time some one calls you a [bleep]/homo/ etc its gonna be a long hard rough life.

I dont know about everyone else here, but I have been called a homo about 8931463892462789346 times, all in a JOKING MATTER and I have never taken in personal or got pissed. But, I guess thats another thing.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
Originally Posted by Barkoff
I love threads like this. They can go either way and everyone has an opinion. I will share mine.

I have known Casey for about 4 years now. He's not a small guy and by no way a bully. He likes to joke and he sometimes calls it like he sees it. Not the most tactful guy, but you know what he means when he says it.
His LEO experience called into this thread I can only say this. The guy knows his stuff, presents himself very respectable and is a very good LEO. I am glad that I occasionally get to deal with him while at work so that when his character gets called into question I can vouch for him.

I think many people are missing the point. I might be completely wrong on this but reading what I read I can only try to understand what he is getting at.
I think he is pissed that this 14 year old kid told him to F off in his parents home. Who cares if he told him F off, but he did so where he grew up and thats the issue. Furthermore he told his mama that her boy is a azzhole. Using that language infront of anyone's mama is a no no. We all know that.
Maybe if the kid told him that outside or somewhere other than inside the house, this thread wouldn't have been posted. Maybe if the kid didn't go to Casey's mama and use azzhole this thread might not have been poseted. I don't know but can only speculate.
There is a thing called respect in someone elses house and the 14 year old kid didn't show it in the OP's parents house. That is the issue. Maybe the brother shoulda said "hey watch yourself" to his friend or said "hey leave us alone" to the OP. But he didn't. Maybe the kid shoulda been thrown out of the house when he talked to mama like he did and maybe got his butt kicked too.

We all know how 14 year old kids can be. They can be jerks. Especially when they think they can be tough. That still is no reason to back talk someone in another persons house. We can expect some kids to say that, but I don't expect that from my bro's friends. I'd be pi$$ed too.

Plus if I caught my bro or nephew jamming out to kesha I'd question there sexual orientation too. Have any of you heard her music?

Again there is no right or wrong to this topic, but I would say no one disrespects my mom much less in her own house. No matter if I started it or not.
I think Casey is right to be mad about this if I am understanding it correctly that the lanuage isn't the issue but where it happened and to who it happened to.

Hell we all have been talked crap to, But I've never had anyone talk crap to my mom. What would you guys do if someone went and started using bad language to your mom?

So I gotta go with Casey on this one if I am understanding it like I explained. If its not like I think and explained, then I might have to re-evaluate the situation. Little bro shoulda stood up for both sides tho.
14 yo or not you don't step up to someones mom. That's just asking for trouble. Good thing Casey is 25 and not 17.

Kique

I guess my problem is that at 51 I still tend to see 14 and 25, as both "kids". I'm thinking at 35 said OP will be able to handle such a dumb situation better.

Recognizing he gave the kid a hard time, how hard would it be to have just made the point, "look kid, I guess I had that coming, but I can't allow that type of profanity in my parents house, got it?"

Dont get me wrong, its not like I think I am world traveled and well experienced at the age of 25, nor do I demand respect. What I am aggravated about is a 14 year old using that kind of language. If you want to speak/act as an adult in my mind you should be treated like that. I know if I said that, in the tone of voice the kid did well I damn well better be ready to square off because any man/boy/person worth their weight in beans would not take such language and attitude sitting down.

Also, how could I have handled it better? I shot him a look, and left the room and left the situation alone. Now, I am on here asking if I over reacted by being pissed that a little 14 year old punk talking to me and my mother like that in their house.

Not only that, but I am getting flamed because I am a LEO and that I handled the situation so poorly? Was I probably wrong for going into the room and questioning them? Probably so, but the fact of the matter is if he or anyone reacts that way every time some one calls you a [bleep]/homo/ etc its gonna be a long hard rough life.

I dont know about everyone else here, but I have been called a homo about 8931463892462789346 times, all in a JOKING MATTER and I have never taken in personal or got pissed. But, I guess thats another thing.

Saved for posterity. You simply can't make this kinda [bleep] up.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by lhonda
Can I change my answer? If so, I think that kid needs a good tasing! Let us all know when it's on youtube.

BTW, did you get made fun of/beat up a lot as a kid? I'm thinking for a 25 year old man to get riled up about a young teenager, you've got to have had some anger issues relating to childhood. How'd I do? Free psychiatric help on the web is pretty cool!

Nope. Never had a problem with that. I have always been bigger, stronger than 98% of everyone I know. Plus, I have been in several fights protecting others... For example the handicapped little brother of one of my high school girl friends.... 3 on 1.... The one (me) won.
I got to agree with Ilhonda on this one. From what you're saying here, you must be the poster child for the stereotype of the kid who got sand kicked in his face at school but then got to be poleece when he grew up and now it is on.

You're lucky the fourteen year old didn't jack you up and kick your asss. Maybe Dinkhead will be around to give you some backup. He's another well-respected LEO around here.

Coleyounger is nothing more than a cheerleader. Cole will jump on any bandwagon where three or more posters have the same opinion. Cole do you ever have any opinions yourself or do always need approval from the club?

Dink

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sorry, I didnt see the part of the kid "jacking me up and kicking my ass". Yeah THATS gonna happen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dude, if a 14 year old is getting this far under your skin, I really don't think being in law enforcement is for you.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Its funny to me that you guys think a 14 year old is getting under my skin....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If
It has seriously been on my mind for the past 3 days.
isn't getting under your skin, prey tell what is?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Dude, if a 14 year old is getting this far under your skin, I really don't think being in law enforcement is for you.

Brian.

No chit!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I make a post on the "ask the gunwriters" section title: Why did firstcoueswas80 get fried on the 24hourcampfire?

smile hehe maybe people would be able to understand the guys point of view that way.

He already admitted he could have handled it differently but this is about the language and him feeling his mama was disrespected. So maybe we can all stay along those lines and cut the crap.

Better yet lets rephrase this whole situation. How would you feel or react if someone called you an azzhole to your mother in your mothers house? How would you feel if someone told you to F off in your mothers house?
Anyone every been to a party and been kicked out or seen someone get kicked out for someone direspecting the host? Remember the kid was a guest at that home. ANd remember FC feels his mama was disrespected and the kid had bad language.

@ Cole Younger,
Thanks for having such faith in my judgement. I can only speak of what I see and know. That's what I did here. If he was a POS at work you'd here me say so. Thanks!

Guys I can go on and on but I won't. How would you feel in this situation?
I'd be pi$$ed that it happened in my moms house, I be pi$$ed he talked to my mom that way and I'd be beating my brothers a$$ for hanging around people like that. Then I'd tell the kid he has to watch his mouth or leave. And show I am not joking.
Then I go watch Tred Barta on TV and get more piSt that he can't shoot a bow to save his life and wounds a lot of stuff.
After that I'd go back to the room if the kid is still there, have a talk with him, call it good and be done with it.
Again I'd be just as mad but I would deal with everyone involved. And no one, I repeat no one disrespects my mama, especially in her house.
Thankfully no no one does and thankfully all the campfire members that have met her have loved her food and cooking.

Again agree or disagree, don't let this thread fool you as to FC's LEO ability.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Its funny to me that you guys think a 14 year old is getting under my skin....

Really, you can't make this stuff up.

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
I dont understand what me being an LEO has ANYTHING to do with this?!

Enrique, have your mom make me some Ceveche or some Shrimp Cocktail!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You wish!

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I make a post on the "ask the gunwriters" section title: Why did firstcoueswas80 get fried on the 24hourcampfire?

smile hehe maybe people would be able to understand the guys point of view that way.

He already admitted he could have handled it differently but this is about the language and him feeling his mama was disrespected. So maybe we can all stay along those lines and cut the crap.

Better yet lets rephrase this whole situation. How would you feel or react if someone called you an azzhole to your mother in your mothers house? How would you feel if someone told you to F off in your mothers house?
Anyone every been to a party and been kicked out or seen someone get kicked out for someone direspecting the host? Remember the kid was a guest at that home. ANd remember FC feels his mama was disrespected and the kid had bad language.

@ Cole Younger,
Thanks for having such faith in my judgement. I can only speak of what I see and know. That's what I did here. If he was a POS at work you'd here me say so. Thanks!

Guys I can go on and on but I won't. How would you feel in this situation?
I'd be pi$$ed that it happened in my moms house, I be pi$$ed he talked to my mom that way and I'd be beating my brothers a$$ for hanging around people like that. Then I'd tell the kid he has to watch his mouth or leave. And show I am not joking.
Then I go watch Tred Barta on TV and get more piSt that he can't shoot a bow to save his life and wounds a lot of stuff.
After that I'd go back to the room if the kid is still there, have a talk with him, call it good and be done with it.
Again I'd be just as mad but I would deal with everyone involved. And no one, I repeat no one disrespects my mama, especially in her house.
Thankfully no no one does and thankfully all the campfire members that have met her have loved her food and cooking.

Again agree or disagree, don't let this thread fool you as to FC's LEO ability.

Kique

Well this isn't rocket science, "kid, we all use foul language from time to time, but doing so in my parents house and, or in front of my mom, is a bad mistake, can we agree on this?"

If the kid says "ya, I understand" it's over, if he says FU again, slap him silly with an open hand.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I dont understand what me being an LEO has ANYTHING to do with this?!

prolly cause going by the LEO's that are friends of mine they tend to have pretty thick skin and dont complain bout the lil chit much.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Casey.......heres where i think the major issue is, and keep in mind im only a few years older than you and there is the exact same age spread between you and your younger brother as there is between me and mine as well as a similar gap between me and my older half brother.....

i can pretty well guarantee you your brother doesnt see you as an adult, least not on equal footing with your parents....even though there is a near decade age difference your on pretty equal footing...by extension i guarantee yah his buddies dont view you as an adult......

what happened was not the same as the kid mouthing off to say your dad.....dont matter that your an adult, in this situation your a brother.....

the whole language in front of your mom is a separate deal and completely depends on your mom......wouldnt be a big deal with mine but it would definitely be with others....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Pretty sure TRH will have a juicy youtube video of the OP to post sometime in the near future. Guys like this as LEO's are the reason guys like TRH have video's to post,IMO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let it be. If he indeed displays a punkass attitude, he'll be paying the cost for his entire life.

1Minute
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Let me try and explain to you guys one more time...

I have had much worse things said to me and about me than I am an azzhole and a simple 'phuch you'and in several languages. I dont care about that and it actually makes me laugh when people talk to me like that. I get a good chuckle when people try to challenge me because I am a big guy... Challenge always accepted, and I am not a easy guy to get the best of.

I was simply asking if it was Ok for a 14 year old to talk to someone like that. Yes, someone who is older and yes in as a guest someone elses home.

Everyone is making it seem like I am in tears and about to eat my gun because of this. I couldnt care less. Yes, I think the little [bleep] needs to be a taught a lesson but thats not for me to do. Am I offended and upset that he spoke like that directly to my mother? Hell yes, there is no reason for that especially at the age of 14. My mom is not one to get offended by stuff like that, but she was well shocked that the 14 year old had the guts to say that to her to her face in her home. And when I say I spoke to my dad about that, I was telling him what was going on by his sons friends in his house, I figure he has the rite to know whats going on in HIS house. If anyone thinks that as "tattle telling" then so be it. I also asked him how he would have handled it had he known what was going on... His reaction... "...Ida kicked that [bleep] out of my house.." Im sure he is a big ole crybaby who is over sensitive too, right?

The funniest part about this thread, to me is soooo many of you think it is completely ok and you would allow not only your son, but other people to speak like that at the age of 14 in your house and around your wife/mother. You all also act as if you would be 100% kosher with some 14 yo [bleep] saying that to you... Guess it really is easy for some people to 'Monday mornin' quarterback'. If he was say 18+ yes it would be different, and yes I would have handled the situation differently... As the saying goes "thems is fighting words" I remember at the age of 14 my dad and I were turkey hunting and I said "Dad, look here is turkey [bleep]." My dad turned around and looked at me with the 'boy, you say that again and I am gonna use some turkey shot on your ass'. Needless to say, I didnt say another 4 letter word until I was 17+

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That which sticks in my craw: a 'man' of 25 years can't decipher the proper response to a standard flippant, testosterone-laden pubescent American teen, one whose reaction was par for the course as far as his 'reputation' and self-image being cracked before his peers. I'm virtually certain that if my calky-layshuns is correct, as a 25 year old, you were a teenager six years ago.

Friend, if you have to ask for a compass reading on what you ought to have done in the scenario you describe, morally, ethically, practically or mystically, I have little confidence for those in charge of hiring and firing. No offense meant.

L

P.S. Not for nuttin', but where and when I grew up, given the scene you describe, that 14 year young lad would have had the living shyte knocked out of him for disrespecting an elder. But that was then, this is now...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lhonda

P.S. Not for nuttin', but where and when I grew up, given the scene you describe, that 14 year young lad would have had the living shyte knocked out of him for disrespecting an elder. But that was then, this is now...

An elder as in the OP or Mom? Foul mouth for sure, but the punk calling the OP a profanity really isn't disrespecting the mother in my opinion..poor judgment for sure, but that is synonymous with 14rs old.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (12344mag, 163bc, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 160user, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,026 guests, and 1,125 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,195
Posts18,465,894
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.