Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by slopshot

Hey Bricktop...And I no longer have time for you, cock-a-doodle-dooooo!

That is what the "ignore" feature is for, friend. Now if I could only ignore that avatar..

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If you guys want to boycot Pepsico. Pepsico owns tocobell, KFC, and pizza hut too.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm a Coke man, myself. I wouldn't walk across the street for a pepsi.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My Grandpa always use to say that if it ain't fit to drink straight up, it ain't fit to drink. He would have slapped me up the side of the head if he caught me stealing his 4 Roses whiskey and putting it in soda pop. grin

So I don't drink Pepsi or Coke.

Though I would much rather Pepsi not donate a dime to HSUS, I understand that all large corporations try to hedge their political bets by donating to all sides of the political issues. If they think they will get $250,000 worth of profit from the HSUS types, without losing the same from us, they will do it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jamie
If you guys want to boycot Pepsico. Pepsico owns tocobell, KFC, and pizza hut too.
Wrong.

http://www.yum.com

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big_Redhead
Originally Posted by slopshot
Hey Bricktop...And I no longer have time for you, cock-a-doodle-dooooo!
That is what the "ignore" feature is for, friend. Now if I could only ignore that avatar..
Except every time you make a post indicating you're "ignoring" me, you're not. It means I have your attention, you don't like it, but you can't do anything about it. I suppose in some oddball way it's good for your ego to state this publicly from time to time.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
We owned a bar in Washington once and an otherwise resonable woman used to ask for Mac Nauton's finest with diet pepsi, I charged her double for ruining perfectly good whiskey & she gladly paid it, no sense to other people's taste, (her husband told me to charge her triple & leave out the Mac, seems he liked Mac & water & couldn't explain her either)

marty
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Don't like the junk, or this govertment the last 4 years

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
And the Pepsi brand alone includes Lipton...Seattle's Best Coffee....
Wrong. Lipton is owned by Unilever which is in partnership with -- not owned by -- Pepsico which is helping Unilever market their products in areas where Pepsico already has a strong presence; Seattle's Best is part of Starbucks, which as you apparently DON'T recall got in trouble with the anti-gunners for NOT prohibiting concealed weapons on their premises. Do your research next time. For a change.

Perhaps their website is wrong:

[Linked Image]

That must be it. You might let them know they got it wrong.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wrong. Lipton is owned by Unilever which is in partnership with -- not owned by -- Pepsico which is helping Unilever market their products in areas where Pepsico already has a strong presence; Seattle's Best is part of Starbucks, which as you apparently DON'T recall got in trouble with the anti-gunners for NOT prohibiting concealed weapons on their premises. Do your research next time. For a change.

Perhaps their website is wrong:

[Linked Image]

That must be it. You might let them know they got it wrong.
Or, most likely, you're just too damned dense to do much reading:

"Brand Portfolio
Tazo tea, Ethos water, Seattle�s Best Coffee and Torrefazione Italia Coffee."

Tell whoever reads this to you it's on page 2: http://assets.starbucks.com/assets/company-profile-feb10.pdf

http://www.unilever.com/brands/foodbrands/lipton/?WT.LHNAV=Lipton

Pepsico and Unilever join forces to market Lipton: http://www.beveragedaily.com/Financial/Unilever-and-PepsiCo-join-forces

Pepsico and Starbucks join forces to market Seattle's Best: http://www.nrn.com/article/seattles-best-debut-canned-coffee-drinks

Let me know if you can understand any of that.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And the Pepsi brand alone includes Lipton, SoBe, Seattle's Best Coffee, Amp Energy, Aquafina water, etc. They market to lots of folks. They deserve to hear from all customers.

[Linked Image]

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue about. Yes, blue cheese is moldy, but what's the point?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And the Pepsi brand alone includes Lipton, SoBe, Seattle's Best Coffee, Amp Energy, Aquafina water, etc. They market to lots of folks. They deserve to hear from all customers.
[Linked Image]

I'm not sure what you're trying to argue about. Yes, blue cheese is moldy, but what's the point?
You do understand that Pepsi doesn't own Seattle's Best and Lipton, don't you? That's my point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could have sworn that the only thing you "brought up" was how right (and smart) you wanted everyone to know you were.

The point that people have been trying to make, in spite of whatever you're trying to refute, is that Pepsi has its hands in a lot of things (and brands). And I'm sure that every drink or other item it lists as one of its brands makes the Pepsi company, however you wanted to describe it, money with every sale. Therefore not buying, if boycotting happens to be one's choice of a statement, means the company takes a small hit. Brand control is a form of ownership.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I could have sworn that the only thing you "brought up" was how right (and smart) you wanted everyone to know you were.
No, I just wanted to show everyone how sweet I am. Almost as sweet as you.

The point that people have been trying to make, in spite of whatever you're trying to refute, is that Pepsi has its hands in a lot of things (and brands). And I'm sure that every drink or other item it lists as one of its brands makes the Pepsi company, however you wanted to describe it, money with every sale. Therefore not buying, if boycotting happens to be one's choice of a statement, means the company takes a small hit. Brand control is a form of ownership.
Except they don't OWN those brands. You do understand that, right?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Jeff Gordon drinks pepsi. That alone is reason enuf for me to boycot them grin

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
We were given free CoKe products for our Tea Party and that is enough to secure my brand loyalty for life.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Used to be, whenever a Democrat was in the White House, all federal buildings changed to Coke. When a Republican was in, they switched to Pepsi.

Not many problems you can't fix
With a 1911 and a 30-06

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
These boycott posts continue to amuse me.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I just entered a comment on their website, and they responded to me in a cordial manner. Just send them your thoughts.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

168 members (10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 19rabbit52, 35sambar, 345dl, 1_deuce, 24 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 976 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,643
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.