Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Any of you guys ever heard of/use this ML rifle??

Thanks!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I live about 45 minutes from their shop, and see them at all the outdoor shows here in Michigan. I guess they shoot pretty good. I didn't like the weight of them though, they are pushing 9+ pounds.

I bought a NULA instead.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes I do about them a fellow I went caribou hunting use one his primary gun its a killer like said out to 500 yards 4 pellets a 250 gr bullet or 300 and them bou fell

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I had one in my possession a couple months ago that I was trying to peddle for an estate. It was built on the Remington 40X action all stainless. I can't stand a thumbhole stock but some might like them.....

The gun was very heavy but that would help when you torch 200gr of powder!

It is sold.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'd rather have to sleep with Rosie O'Donnell than use a thumb-hole stock!!

Whatever blows a guys skirt up...is fine with me!!

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Thumbholes feel fine to me, don't appreciate them with heavy recoil though.

Mega bucks for that brand of gun!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
I'd rather have to sleep with Rosie O'Donnell than use a thumb-hole stock!!

Whatever blows a guys skirt up...is fine with me!!

LOL

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
oooooh! pretty stock, i like that

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One of the guys in my SCI chapter owns the company. I and most of my buddies own one. We live in the shotgun/muzzleloading zone of Michigan. I am not a muzzleloading guy. I very much respect those of you that choose to do things in the traditional fashion, it's just not my bag.

I use 4-50gr Pyrodex pellets behind a 300gr Hornady SST. The spark is provided by a Fed 215M in a 45 Win Mag case. The bullet clocks around 2250fps. The rifle is scoped with a Leupy 2.5x8 with the B&C recticle. The crosshair is 136yds, then 191, 245, 273, 300. This really mimics the ballistics of the 405wcf

The rifle shoots about MOA and I regularly use it past 250yds.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I found it really easy to use a 45 encore, 195 dead center bullets, and 110 of 777. 25 acp primed case for ignition.

Put a 2.5x8 Leupy on. Top of duplex dead on at 100, center on at 200, bottom on at 300. Very easy to make 300 yard shots with that setup and have taken a muley at 318 with it already about 7-8 years ago.

Lots of cost difference there...

I'm not saying the gun isn't worth it at all. Just that getting to 300 isn't hard. Its the 400-600 that takes more work IMHO.

That being said I also have a Renegade 54 thats EASY to kill with out to 200 with irons.....

Tell me how these guns do at 400,500 and 600, not that close short range stuff.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rost
I have never used mine at long range. I know Randy Johnson routinely shoots at 500. I also know that the Ultimate has won one of the classes at Friendship a couple of times. Here is a link:
http://www.ultimatefirearms.com/trophygallery/displayimage.php?album=12&pos=11

405wcf

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 405wcf
One of the guys in my SCI chapter owns the company.

I've told this story before on here, but here it goes again,

I was at Novi Outdoorama show about 6 years ago, this guy was telling everyone that he shot an elk at a half mile with one of these rifles, come to find out he was/is the owner. I pretty much laughed at him and told him to stop lying, that it was clear his story was BS. Needless to say he was furious with me. I then told him he would have a nice rifle if he lightened it up about 3 pounds.

My buddies and I laugh about this all the time, most of them were there when it happened.

Saw the same guy at Lansing show last year, He was still telling some outlandish stories. I listened to his stories and told him I bought a NULA and walked away.

The owner of UM is no Melvin Forbes I can tell you that.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I've used all these others you guys are talking about but before it's over.....stay tunred! I'll let you know eventually what this one I've got will do back to 600 yards!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by cooperfan

I was at Novi Outdoorama show about 6 years ago, this guy was telling everyone that he shot an elk at a half mile with one of these rifles, come to find out he was/is the owner. I pretty much laughed at him and told him to stop lying, that it was clear his story was BS. Needless to say he was furious with me. I then told him he would have a nice rifle if he lightened it up about 3 pounds.

My buddies and I laugh about this all the time, most of them were there when it happened.

Saw the same guy at Lansing show last year, He was still telling some outlandish stories. I listened to his stories and told him I bought a NULA and walked away.

NULA makes muzzleloaders?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by bglimpse
Originally Posted by cooperfan

NULA makes muzzleloaders?

You baiting me in? <grin>

NULA 209 smokeless muzzleloader in action...............

[Linked Image]

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
There's always some guy full of BS about what a rile/load will or won't do but here at my place I test lots of firearms for people from all walks of life; have my own range back to 1600 yards and I burn lots of powder over a years time! I've used/tested probably every ML that has come down the line and I make a supreme objective to be just that.....OBJECTIVE without prejudice! I make exactly ZERO from my efforts so I'm not getting paid to praise any one particular rifle! So far I have tested the Ultimate Firearms ML back to 500 yards but testing is not complete at this time because our area has been having pretty windy conditions last few days. Today it's still and this afternoon I will continue my endeavor to give a fair analysis of what said rifle/load will do. Whatever findings I come up with....I will post here!

OK guys...for those interested here's a follow-up on my short test session from 600 yards with the Ultimate Firearms Inc. rifle! I say 'short' because I ran low on Triple 7 pellets but more will be had tomorrow! I came up 10 MOA for my first sighter from my 500 yard zero but that wasn't quite enough as 14 MOA was the correct amount to adjust for trajectory. After painting the target I then fired 3 rounds....only had 6 rounds of pellets remaining and I had about a 4 mph wind coming in from the 3 o/clock position so I took 4 MOA right correction and I got 3 hits as shown on the target....about 1.5 MOA correction too much for the first two fired. With the same wind I corrected after taking .25 MOA up and got the hit slightly above the 1 3/4" bolt holding the inner 20" plate onto the mainframe. I then painted the target and fired my remaining 3 rounds. I could not get photos of those as my camera batteries crapped out on me but the first two rounds hit about 6" left of dead center and the last round fired hit the bolt head dead center! The load was 3 pellets of Triple 7 using a 275 gr. White Fury bullet. My final settings are:

100=3.5+
200=0
300=5.5
400=11.5
500=23.5
600=37.0

[Linked Image]

Will I ever kill or shoot at a good buck at 600 yards? Don't know but....if the right opportunity presents itself...I just might and if the buck was standing broadside with very little wind which often occurs early morning and late....I think I could drive his whacker in the dirt! And yes....there are some rifles cheaper but in the final analysis.....I think if this one hadn't been a gift to me.....I think I'd settle on one of these after shooting this one over some less cheaper models! The M700 action is hard to beat. What I've written is my own thinking and I have not been asked to submit this by anyone connected with Ultimate Firearms Inc.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My range on a very cold day:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Sharpsman; 12/07/10.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sharpsguy,
Are you using the 50gr pellets or the newer heavier ones?

I have not tried the Fury yet. Any thoughts on how it compares with the SST?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
405wcf

Using Triple 7 Mag Hodgkins (Red Box) 3 pellets=190 gr. charge!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Interesting. I'm all ears.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
rost495

Not finished yet! Got a new supply of Triple 7 today so sometime within the next few days I'll have more to publish regarding this issue!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
152 members (35, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 160user, 14 invisible), 1,855 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,778
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.