Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi...hread_display.html?forum_thread_id=40270

I won't be buying anything from Tigoat in the future.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
have fun dumping everything out to get at your granola bar or baby wipes when it comes time to take a dump, kifaru may be heavy duty but they don't put any pockets on the things. the number of things I need to get at and put away between stripping off layers to adding them back later in the day, to grabbing lunch or something else. I have no idea how you guys stand to have everything in one compartment cluster F'd together. oh yeah but one can get a POD I suppose.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Quit trolling the Kifaru threads, take you and your pocket fetish somewhere else. We already know they have no pockets and people still seem to buy them.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Cowboy, don't make me post that photo of all the stuff I pack in my top pocket.....again......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
CCH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
They're not camo either. Pointless, I tell you.

IC B2

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
cowboy,

go ahead and stick with your Walmart special crap packs, those of us that actually use packs know better.

Ed T

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Those guys on the BPL website are fruitcakes. I'd love to load those guys down with 90lbs and have them descend a mountain off trail. That's what separates the men from the boys.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by smokepole
Cowboy, don't make me post that photo of all the stuff I pack in my top pocket.....again......

I put everything I need in my top pocket.. I rarely need to dumpster dive through my main pack for anything.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
have fun dumping everything out to get at your granola bar or baby wipes when it comes time to take a dump, kifaru may be heavy duty but they don't put any pockets on the things. the number of things I need to get at and put away between stripping off layers to adding them back later in the day, to grabbing lunch or something else. I have no idea how you guys stand to have everything in one compartment cluster F'd together. oh yeah but one can get a POD I suppose.

I have four Kifaru packs and have not experienced the problem you describe. Two of my Kifaru packs are the military packs with the alice webbing and you can simply add all the outside pockets you want with alice clips, which is what I have done to add capacity to my "point man" pack. As for colors, I prefer cammo too, but in the military packs you can get some great colors that may as well be cammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
The fixation on pockets just keeps getting funnier, especially from someone living in "the hunting Capital of the US of A!".

I'd really like to see what he packs with him to see what he needs all these pockets for.

IC B3

C
CCH Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm going to guess he's not going to be interested in tigoat's new "pack" since it doesn't have a bag, much less pockets. He could spray paint it camo though.

Just so we don't have to see Smokepole's top pocket again, I'll tell you how it works for me and easily I might add.

Stuff I really might want to get to such as rangefinder, camera and GPS go in the HPG chest pouch, formerly in a Kifaru Possibles Pouch. Stuff that I might want to get to, but with the pack off, goes in the top pocket. This includes snacks and latrine duty stuff. Rain gear rides in side pockets if I'm really loaded up (e.g. have the kids with me). Layers can get put in the Grab It as necessary. Everything else is in stuff sacks inside as I won't need it until camp. WTF do I need MORE pockets for?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If I have something that I think I"ll need to get at, but won't fit in the top lid, I'll but it near the bottom zipper in my Kifaru LH. Makes getting to it easy.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=390644&messages=102&forum=5

Aron most on here trying to have a pissing match with you couldn't carry your jock, so don't leave because of them.

Good Shooting!
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by hunting1
http://forums.bowsite.com/TF/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=390644&messages=102&forum=5

Aron most on here trying to have a pissing match with you couldn't carry your jock, so don't leave because of them.

I think most of that crowd is ashamed to admit that they couldn't pick up 150#, that's why they scoff.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
That is part of it, but look at his kill pics and where he plays and than come back. I can't compete!

Good Shooting!
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I just thought I'd mention that a lot of the old product information for Mountainsmith is saved at:

Waybackmachine Mountainsmith

You can track the evolution of Patrick Smiths packs that led to the Kifaru and KU lines.

Last edited by barkeater; 12/29/10.
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,646 guests, and 1,330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,023
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.