Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks a lot luv2safari. shocked

First on here and I find out that a 82 yo guy can out run me, then I am told that barrels under 28" are undesirable and now my Bernadelli is suspect. I never heard that before about them. Oh well.

Mine is stamped V.BERNADELLI on its barrels and GARDONE V.T-MADE IN ITALY. On the underside of its short wink 27.5" barrels and boxlock frame its marked VICENZO BERNADELLI.

As to barrel length on SxS's I prefer the handling of shorter barrels. My favorite shotgun, that I have used for a very long time is my Sauer drilling with 24" barrels. Also the Ugartechia has 24" barrels. That's what I would rather have however this Bernadelli is light and handles well also.

[Linked Image]

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe

A proper shotgun has two triggers..that is all you need to know....

I'm betting you've retired to fixed power scopes too..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Single selective trigger? Perish the thought!

REALLY..... I threw up in my mouth a little when I read that...

A proper shotgun has two triggers..that is all you need to know....

Chui is spot on..........That's twice in two days! Biorhythms must be good this week. The Poobah exhibits knowledge above his station. wink

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
She has two triggers . . . .

[Linked Image]

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took me 10 seconds to realize she was a blonde..

IC B2

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
If you insist on a single selective trigger, get the Merkel. The Spanish SxS single triggers can be troublesome.

"If I'm already on my way down
I might as well just work the crowd"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
jim

One was a 12ga sidelock and quite heavy. The other was in fact a matador. The workmanship was good on both.

I have shot German guns so much of my life, I guess I'm used to them...seem natural to me.

I would never kick an AYA out of bed. wink grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Be sure the Brenardelli is a Vincenzo Bernardelli. There is another one, and their guns are vastly inferior to the V. Bernardellis.
Originally Posted by Savage_99
First on here and I find out that a 82 yo guy can out run me, then I am told that barrels under 28" are undesirable and now my Bernadelli is suspect. I never heard that before about them. Oh well.

There are two inferior Bernardellis. One is marked "Pietro Bernardelli" or "P. Bernardelli". The other is "Santini Bernardell".

I ordered a P. Bernardelli double about 19 years ago. It was really poorly constructed; I looked at it for about 10 seconds before sending it back for a refund.

--Bob

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
1. I like a single trigger better.

2. I started to buy a Merkel 1620 with a pistol grip earlier this year but could not get my thumb around the grip because the comb was so close to the opening lever.

3. I would never buy a spanish sxs with a single trigger because Jack @ Chuck's says they are not reliable.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Indeed, I love Basque guns, but alas their achilles heel would be single triggers. Having said that, I think you should buy one and get double triggers. IMO, no gun in their price range bests them for handling. Would you buy a sports car with an automatic transmission? By the way NO-ONE make a single trigger as dependable as a double trigger. Do it. Join the cognoscenti.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BullShooter
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Be sure the Brenardelli is a Vincenzo Bernardelli. There is another one, and their guns are vastly inferior to the V. Bernardellis.
Originally Posted by Savage_99

There are two inferior Bernardellis. One is marked "Pietro Bernardelli" or "P. Bernardelli". The other is "Santini Bernardell".

I ordered a P. Bernardelli double about 19 years ago. It was really poorly constructed; I looked at it for about 10 seconds before sending it back for a refund.

--Bob

Good info. The P. Bernardellis are the most common of the non-VBs.

The V. Bernardelli guns are vastly superior and are world class guns, IMO.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
146 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,440 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.