24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick- how does an old wolf like that survive? Does it run in a pack and get food from a "pack kill"? With teeth like that, I imagine it's ability to make a kill on anything larger than rodents a tough sell. Please elaborate.

Are the hides of value?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mild winter,so he had a leg to stand on,as they'll go the route of Bears and take the path of least resistance. Shoulda unzipped his stomach as a curiousity and still might. Prolly full of kelp.(grin)

Green hides aren't worth much,but he's slated to be lifesized for posterity.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
wow, cool!

Curious about wolf hunting in AK, do you get 'tags' for wolf? How many? Season?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No Tags,No limit,during Trapping Season...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Ancient to boot..................
[Linked Image]

So, you snag 'em first, reel 'em in, and when they get close enough, you shoot them? grin

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prefer to catch/release,but this time of year they's feeding hard and you can hook one deep on a lazy hookset.

Froze tighter than a drum last night and had zero luck cutting tracks of his pard...but that's Feeshing..................

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
And Feeshing is better than an all day on the saw.....

[Linked Image]

Gotta love it!!!

Jayco

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Low water/frozen guides today,so threw in the towel early...............

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Feeshing is a good thing especially when they grow up much bigger than the teacher..

[Linked Image]

Jayco

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Mild winter,so he had a leg to stand on,as they'll go the route of Bears and take the path of least resistance. Shoulda unzipped his stomach as a curiousity and still might. Prolly full of kelp.(grin)

Green hides aren't worth much,but he's slated to be lifesized for posterity.....................

Jughead got a new pup? <hint> smile

Is the woof yours or the GO?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TGO laid eyes first,so it were his poke and that done did the deal...atta 'bout 200yds.

I were backing with a Montucky 223AI at the ready...............(grin)

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I suspect that falls into the "easy duty" category.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If shootin' ain't the easiest part of ANY Hunt...then alotta balls is being dropped...................

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I meant backing up TGO. wink

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All we do is shoot and it ain't like a guy don't know what's gonna happen...long before the trigger gets tripped. But I reckon it is just a formality,with multiple escape routes but a leap away,to go through the motions of "backing" one another up.

The 50gr V-Max dug most impressively,smashing the near shoulder and then angling forward through the neck,stopping on the offside hide...................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are the wolves ever a "threat" to folks? I did hear about a book called 3 little pigs once. Of course, we shoot pigs around here too. Grasshopper with a couple:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wish long loud and often,that it sure as [bleep] would be nice,if they chased us around.

Hell...I can barely get charged by a Bear.............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I tell grasshopper I want to experience the stories I hear about being attacked by a hog. No such luck yet, and until I do I am calling bullchit. Wolves? Dunno about them.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a Brownie tree part of the crew in one particular Unit and another bailed offa cliff,to escape and I tried for ever to get the bastard to [bleep] with me.

Couldn't get that lucky...and I'm still a fan of crowding [bleep]..............

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Are the wolves ever a "threat" to folks? I did hear about a book called 3 little pigs once.

Don't know if they are a threat, but they make Traffic Cops nervous! grin

Page 19 of 22 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
665 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,346
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.