24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
To be fair - I'd rather deal with a crusty guy who has the right answers than a sweetheart with the wrong ones.

Me

BP-B2

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 340boy
Stick knows his way around a camera, it seems.
Would be curious to find out what he 'runs'.
cool

Canon digital SLRs, and some nice (i.e. expensive) Canon lenses, plus a Sigma macro lens or two if I recall correctly.

If you save his photos on your hard disk, and look at the properties, you can examine the EXIF info right down to the camera model, exposure time, f-stop, exposure compensation, lens, phase of the moon, colour of the photographer's underwear... smile

John

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I getta kicka outta the Do-Nothin's trying to stir the pot. It'd be akin to saying I Hunt a Salvage '06,with 4895 fueled NBT's,via BSA glass and Millet mounts...comedy pure and simple.

Sister is flailing a Loomis 1024C there,bolted to an ABU Revo STX,stoked with 30lb PP and 20lb Chameleon leaders. Mainly a high volume Meat Fishery,leaving little to "chance".

Baby Boy getting some.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Steelhead Pursuits can be any of the Loomis Float Rod Series or an 1141-S.

STFR1321S,with a Stradic.

[Linked Image]

I don't let the kids drive stuff,that I wouldn't..............

Very cool, freekin beauty pictures too. Very nice.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Wouldn't be hard to find out what he runs in camera gear, just ask him. I've asked him about other stuff in the past and he's always shared his info on gear, though sometimes you might need an interpretor to help you figure it out. grin

No doubt. One of those "Universal Translators" off of Star Trek would come in handy, methinks.
laugh

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I use to think that too but life is just too short to get worked up over it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by teal
To be fair - I'd rather deal with a crusty guy who has the right answers than a sweetheart with the wrong ones.

pretty much what i think.....granted i come from a huge family so dealing with "characters" is a natural state of things and dont phase me much.....least i know Stick is speaking from personal experience and not making chit up....goes a long way towards what im willing to deal with....most the time when i disagree with him it boils down to a difference in philosophy rather than right versus wrong and since im willing to leave it at that its hard for him to rub me the wrong way....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rattler

pretty much what i think.....granted i come from a huge family so dealing with "characters" is a natural state of things and dont phase me much.....least i know Stick is speaking from personal experience and not making chit up....goes a long way towards what im willing to deal with....most the time when i disagree with him it boils down to a difference in philosophy rather than right versus wrong and since im willing to leave it at that its hard for him to rub me the wrong way....

Yep - was in the service and I currently work in the transportation industry - if you can't handle people ruffling your feathers, you can't work there!

Me

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Right on. I don't get worked up over it at all. There's just no need for it most of the time. There are many, many posters here with immense knowledge. He certainly doesn't have a lock on it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Right on. I don't get worked up over it at all. There's just no need for it most of the time. There are many, many posters here with immense knowledge. He certainly doesn't have a lock on it.

no he aint the only one but push comes to shove there aint a need for 90% of chit posted.....the fact that its here is why i love this place.....but i dont take myself seriously and during face to face get togethers with ppl alot of chit gets slung back and forth....cant fathom why the 'net would be any different.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm betting at these face to face gathering people aren't nearly as crass....huh? You get insulted enough around here, why would I go ask for it? smile

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
depends on the company....hell some of the time you would prolly think my brothers and i are ready to kill each other when we are out drinking if yah over heard the conversation and didnt know us....most the guys here i want to meet prolly wouldnt notice much difference in me, could care less id Stick is like this in person, be happy as hell to share a beer with him, my hide is thick and can handle chit being slung just fine....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
like Scenar said in another thread.....everybody's 6ft 4In and 250 lbs on the internet. That was classic.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
im only 3 inches and 30 pounds off that grin

Last edited by rattler; 12/21/10.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Nice pic's Stick; good looking kids too. And living in Iowa I probably don't have to say how good those fish look.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

IMHO that says it all - thanks Teal

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Winston338
All I know is what was in the post-----do not know who is in the picture but it needs a couple of paper bags..

Who is it???

Among the oilfield trash , cowboys , and other assorted redneck types I grew up among ,you - Mr Winston - would have been appraised as ;" Not worth killin' ". That term was applied to only those who had forfeited the right to be called a man and there was no lower class .

Even those who dislike Big Stick the most would never apply that term to him .

You lose . Go away .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have "known" the rascal since 2001, from another now-defunct site. He grates on some, others are grateful for some of his tidbits, some can't stand him.

Lots of folks on this planet, not everyone is gonna like everyone else. Got a suspicion that some wouldn't like him even if he'd co-authored a Dale Carnegie course?

Primarily, because while they're stuck all week behind a desk, or some job they hate, ol' Grumpass is generally muckin' about in the woods or on the water? Just a hunch. ;O)

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
his delivery, condescending remarks, etc are another matter. To say he thinks highly of himself is an understatement, and gets pretty old IMO.

It seems JGRaider is the only one that get's it,
Big Shtick can be vile and belligerent for thousands of posts........then slip in a couple pic's of pure innocent children for misdirection so you think he is warm and cuddly.
It amazes me that poeple can be manipulated so easily.
If you look at his body of work 80% is vile pompous arrogance, about 10% is true useable knowledge that you can gain something from and 10% is what he is doing on this thread, damage control.
I have got to hand it to him though he is good at his craft because obviously some of you buy into it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Or maybe he's been basically 90% true and usable knowledge for some of us.

As far as a-holes go, he ain't even in the top 10 of people I've known....

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockchuck828
his delivery, condescending remarks, etc are another matter. To say he thinks highly of himself is an understatement, and gets pretty old IMO.

It seems JGRaider is the only one that get's it,
Big Shtick can be vile and belligerent for thousands of posts........then slip in a couple pic's of pure innocent children for misdirection so you think he is warm and cuddly.
It amazes me that poeple can be manipulated so easily.
If you look at his body of work 80% is vile pompous arrogance, about 10% is true useable knowledge that you can gain something from and 10% is what he is doing on this thread, damage control.
I have got to hand it to him though he is good at his craft because obviously some of you buy into it.

nope, just know the world has all kinds.....aint hard to figure out how to get along with most if yah want to.....funny thing is even when he and i didnt agree i never took what he was saying as mean.....

see him giving hell to some, but all it would take to get him to stop is to ignore him....i know he dont take himself to seriously so its kinda funny watching some getting worked up over what he says when im positive he aint getting worked up over what they say....

there are several on this site i really dislike, but ive got no one on ignore.....dont see the point of an ignore button, if i dont want to deal with a person i dont read their posts.....dont need a button to ignore a person.....

Last edited by rattler; 12/21/10.

Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
677 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,906 guests, and 1,423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,478
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.