Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 340boy
Stick knows his way around a camera, it seems.
Would be curious to find out what he 'runs'.
cool

Canon EOS-1D I do believe... and some L lenses that I would love to get my hands on when the barrel is shot out! smile smile

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by teal
To be fair - I'd rather deal with a crusty guy who has the right answers than a sweetheart with the wrong ones.

Understatement of the [bleep] year right there. I'd take an azzhole that knew his [bleep] over a pleasant [bleep] anyday...

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The weather warmed up into the 30s today giving me an opportunity to get on the Bobcat and scrap the schit of the cattle loafing shed floor.

BS informed us that he is on vacation for two weeks. This would be a good opportunity to clean up the BS in this thread. Will someone open the gate and let me move the Bobcat into this here barn. I can have it scraped clean in a short.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
30's? damn! Aren't you skeert yer snow will melt?

grin

I got the wood stove door open behind me here, waiting for a couple unsplit tamarack chunks to take flame so I can shut the door & choke down for the night.

Plowed a few miles of access for myself & neighbors out in the country with a 40 year old 3/4 ton pickup with a blade. (snow)

Drank the last 2 beers in the fridge, had a couple egg nog calverts... and a glass of wine. Hoping for a decent nights sleep and a reply along the line here from Stick on saw chain opinion.

g'night all stick haters and followers.. and thick skins like myself that just dont mind either way.

Remember, it's just the inner'net.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
then slip in a couple pic's of pure innocent children for misdirection so you think he is warm and cuddly.

He ain't never gonna be warm and cuddly. He is what he is and I "got over it" years ago.

Comes down to it and my nutz are in the wringer, druther have that grumpass behind me, that any of the sensitive, thoughtful pontificators who are stuck on his less than comfy quirks.

I've known worse. He ain't botherin' me none, or much.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dubePA
Have "known" the rascal since 2001, from another now-defunct site. He grates on some, others are grateful for some of his tidbits, some can't stand him.

Lots of folks on this planet, not everyone is gonna like everyone else. Got a suspicion that some wouldn't like him even if he'd co-authored a Dale Carnegie course?

Primarily, because while they're stuck all week behind a desk, or some job they hate, ol' Grumpass is generally muckin' about in the woods or on the water? Just a hunch. ;O)

There was a bunch of us got here by way of the old "shooters" site . I was having conversations with Larry about the 338 RUM when he left there for here so I followed .

I've always thought that "envy" explained why some folks seem compelled to mix it up with him verbally .He ,OTOH, seems to thrive on contention.I never have gotten the impression he thought he knew more about a particular subject than anyone else in the world. But he damn sure claims to know more than whoever is in his sights at the moment .grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MattMan
To be fair - I'd rather deal with a crusty guy who has the right answers than a sweetheart with the wrong ones.

Understatement of the [bleep] year right there. I'd take an azzhole that knew his [bleep] over a pleasant [bleep] anyday...

It just takes wisdom to know the difference I guess.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Put another way...

Honesty and tact sometimes collide. Given a choice, I'll take the latter.

Some famous quote I'd guess...

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
30's? damn! Aren't you skeert yer snow will melt?

grin

I got the wood stove door open behind me here, waiting for a couple unsplit tamarack chunks to take flame so I can shut the door & choke down for the night.

Plowed a few miles of access for myself & neighbors out in the country with a 40 year old 3/4 ton pickup with a blade. (snow)

Drank the last 2 beers in the fridge, had a couple egg nog calverts... and a glass of wine. Hoping for a decent nights sleep and a reply along the line here from Stick on saw chain opinion.

g'night all stick haters and followers.. and thick skins like myself that just dont mind either way.

Remember, it's just the inner'net.

The way I see it Dave.... Great entertainment value and iffin a feller don't want to get his nuts thumped, he may better remain on the sideline.
Never saw Stick feed anyone bad information...recken he just don't tolerate differences of opinion very well wink
He does have a way with words don't he?

G

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G - yes he does, and I think his tone and delivery has improved, and content very much of value.

Sometimes losing the riddle might convey even more value to folks, but he shoots straight - in what he says, and that can't be said for all - whether knowingly done or not.

It's always nice hearing other's experience, sometimes different results, though w/same equipment - as that's how things sometimes work. We all often have a little and sometimes more than so, different opinions, and that is ok. Just how it is, less boring that if everyone were clones.

Where would the entertainment and educational aspect of this forum be w/o sharing varying experiences, gear, and results?

I welcome it.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
cool

A bunch of different cameras. You can see which one took a particular photo by right clicking the photo and then clicking "view image exif data".

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MattMan

That right there gave me a chuckle... grin
Kinda like asking...

"Who'd you rather go hunting or fishing with...JeffO or Big Stick?"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave

It finally dawned on me was he talking about a Round Oak?

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
cool

Had my Canon 1D Mark 3/17-40L combo in the pack today and think highly of it,for beating upon in general and fending weather conditions.

[Linked Image]

Ordered the Siggy 50mm F/1.4 the other day,while setting on the tarmac awaiting a connect home and hope to gun some Chrome with it,these next week(s). Wanted it for bokeh blowout and perspective pokes,via razor thin DOF. I think THE sleeper glass of All Time is the Tammy SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di Macro...I love that thing. Generally have the Canon 70-200 F/2.8 and 100-400L in the bag too.

Had prolly "too many" bodies for a spell,with a 40D,1Ds,1D MK2n and 1D Mk3 in the bag...but begrudgingly tripped the '2n. So I shoot all 3 Canon DSLR sensor sizes and am a Crop Slut. Will revisit the 1Ds with the 50/1.4 melding,if only in fairness,as ISO latitude was one of it's greatest hurdles.

Will have to sort through here and catch up with the Whining.......................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JGRaider
His knowledge is commendable, his delivery, condescending remarks, etc are another matter. To say he thinks highly of himself is an understatement, and gets pretty old IMO.

You Texans do insecurity,better than anyone.

Undoubtedly,because it's well founded.

Congratulations?................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

In fairness,fluff never was my gig and I see no change in that forecast............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rattler
pics of Sister and a bear posted several years back helped fire up my daughter bout hunting.....good to see she is still whacking and stacking critters though there wasnt a doubt she would be....

I imagine Baby boy will be looking to top it,here in but a few months..............

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockchuck828
Originally Posted by JGRaider
his delivery, condescending remarks, etc are another matter. To say he thinks highly of himself is an understatement, and gets pretty old IMO.

It seems JGRaider is the only one that get's it,
Big Shtick can be vile and belligerent for thousands of posts........then slip in a couple pic's of pure innocent children for misdirection so you think he is warm and cuddly.
It amazes me that poeple can be manipulated so easily.
If you look at his body of work 80% is vile pompous arrogance, about 10% is true useable knowledge that you can gain something from and 10% is what he is doing on this thread, damage control.
I have got to hand it to him though he is good at his craft because obviously some of you buy into it.

I ain't very good at riding the couch,but you is incredibly adept.

Congratulations?

As an aside,it'd crack me right the [bleep] up,if you were dumb enough to think I was "mistaken" somewhere. Factor that as a Deuce Dog Dare.

Laffin'.............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by goodnews

Nice pic's Stick; good looking kids too. And living in Iowa I probably don't have to say how good those fish look.

I try real hard to not freeze anything...but do like it smoked/canned outta the gate.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Though some things is best cooked,while wigglin'.................(grin)

[Linked Image]

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Merry Christmas to AK!
I'm sure Santa will have lots of good schitt when he gets to you, 'cause he aint' leavin' much here for me. I've been bad.

Don't change at all, BS. Some of us appreciate hard cold truth and despise fluff.
We get plenty of that daily from the puzzies which seem to have us surrounded.

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
705 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,321 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,678
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.