Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is a funny thread.

Big Stick posts the way he posts, uses his "Big Stick Lingo" and it can be informative and also insulting, depending on what he posts. I've gleaned knowledge from him and laughed at lots of his stuff. I also see how some of it is insulting.

None of it annoys me, nor should it annoy others. You can always ignore him if you don't want to read it. He has a posting style that is unique to him, and he made it up all on his own.

What I find hilarious, ridiculous and fascinating at the same time is how many people strive to make posts to emulate his unique style.

.......(grin)

Laffin'

'22

Congratulations?

"I'm driving a #$%"

"I'm running #$%"

These and many others are "Big Stickisms" smile that get copied over and over by others.

I realize that emulation is a form of flattery, but don't you guys that try so damn hard to post like Big Stick feel foolish because you can't figure out your own unique way to post on the internet?

A parrot is a bird, and will never be a man.......(grin)

wink

Last edited by Gatehouse; 12/26/10.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Laffin'

Me

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by teal
Laffin'

Polly want a cracker?
whistle

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Nrut
Originally Posted by teal
Laffin'

Polly want a cracker?
whistle

I also don't bitch when the neighbor drives the same brand truck I do - bastid - he should come up with his own version of a pick-up.

I mean first Pearl Harbor, then 9/11 and now this - someone using similar vernacular/jargon/syntax to get a point across.

When will it all end?

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When everyone actually pries their pies from the couch and starts doing for themselves.

Jimmy The Greek wouldn't lay them odds.............(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Something ain't adding up here,

Sticks daughter is no doubt growing into a young lady that will have no problemo staying busy on Friday nights,

Sticks father appears to be a dashing and good looking gentleman also,

His son looks to be taking after Grandpa, Good looks and all

Well, I guess 3 out of 4 ain't bad .....

(awaiting the forthcoming and deserving beatdown)

You are obviously unaware of the "Law of Alternating Generations"...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought that was redheads and twins?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One is too many to keep pace with..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
bootlickers grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gatehouse
This is a funny thread.

Big Stick posts the way he posts, uses his "Big Stick Lingo" and it can be informative and also insulting, depending on what he posts. I've gleaned knowledge from him and laughed at lots of his stuff. I also see how some of it is insulting.

None of it annoys me, nor should it annoy others. You can always ignore him if you don't want to read it. He has a posting style that is unique to him, and he made it up all on his own.

What I find hilarious, ridiculous and fascinating at the same time is how many people strive to make posts to emulate his unique style.

.......(grin)

Laffin'

'22

Congratulations?

"I'm driving a #$%"

"I'm running #$%"

These and many others are "Big Stickisms" smile that get copied over and over by others.

I realize that emulation is a form of flattery, but don't you guys that try so damn hard to post like Big Stick feel foolish because you can't figure out your own unique way to post on the internet?

A parrot is a bird, and will never be a man.......(grin)

wink

Like I have said before, they's several "Big Stick wannabees" hangin' out here but they just don't cut the mustard. And I'm sure that they know of whom I speak.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like I have said before, they's several "Big Stick wannabees" hangin' out here but they just don't cut the mustard. And I'm sure that they know of whom I speak.

And....?

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not everyone can fly a Ground Chuck Avatar.

Just sayin'.................(grin)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
.....takes practice..........

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nuttin',needs nuttin' and you express it well.

Thanks?...............(grin )

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Give the man a ceegar!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Very well done Stick. Haven't been on this forum as long as most but have done some reading on the history of everyone's hang up with you. Everyone is intitled to their opinion and their mistakes and I don't get why the big hang up. Folks need to get over themselves. I have had a total of one pissing match on this forum and could really care less. No big deal, let roll off your back like water off a ducks azz. Interesting evolution on this thread. What started out as kicking dirt at someone ended up as a photo album of "shut the **** up." I am NO ONES cheerleader just stating the obvious from nuetral ground. Entertaining indeed. Well done.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Originally Posted by battue
Could tell by his various videos that there is a lot of good guy in Stick. Then he comes highly recommended here by some of his friends. One only has to be able to read sign.... grin

I gots friends in low places............

[Linked Image]

Nice shirt dork smile

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 65BR
G - yes he does, and I think his tone and delivery has improved, and content very much of value.

Sometimes losing the riddle might convey even more value to folks, but he shoots straight - in what he says, and that can't be said for all - whether knowingly done or not.

I welcome it.

I won't opine on his delivery and tone. He comes across as an azzhole for sure...

The guy won't recommend and usually won't bash something he hasn't tried. He backs with great conviction what he knows works from his own experience... I do the same and can respect that. Toyota, Ruger, Leupold, Danner. Till one schitts the bed I'm good to go. If he showed up to hunt the AZ desert with all that AK gear, after I told him what to get, and bitched about blisters, he'd get "I tried to [bleep]' tell ya, [bleep]" in my camp.

I'd have to believe he's well, at least semi-educated, and likely pretty [bleep] intelligent (educated men often confuse the two).

He gets to try more schitt than most, playing in a target rich environment, having plenty of time off, whilst apparently freely enjoying a disposable income that might embarrass most poster's gross... the constant pursuit of something better and the apparent ability to afford it is how the [bleep] knows what works and doesn't. He's actually saved a wad of cash for those that will listen.

If coming across as a prick is his only drawback, what's not to like? Unless a guy just envied his means, ability, or reputation?

My experience is if you can glean what the man is trying to tell you from the riddles he rattles, there's much to be learned. Even if it is just that he thinks you a fool.

Last edited by MattMan; 12/27/10.

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[Linked Image]

One of, if not the best, picture ever posted here! Great in so many ways!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Something ain't adding up here,

Sticks daughter is no doubt growing into a young lady that will have no problemo staying busy on Friday nights,

Sticks father appears to be a dashing and good looking gentleman also,

His son looks to be taking after Grandpa, Good looks and all

Well, I guess 3 out of 4 ain't bad .....

(awaiting the forthcoming and deserving beatdown)

You are obviously unaware of the "Law of Alternating Generations"...

...says your handsome son.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
644 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 68 invisible), 2,806 guests, and 1,387 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.