Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Originally Posted by BWalker
I got a bridge ill sell you.

If the bridge is built along the same lines as your argument, that would make it... a bridge to nowhere.

The "bridge to nowhere" was designed to go from the 4th largest city in Alaska across a quarter-mile of channel to the international airport on the next island. I guarantee you that if any of the other 49 states had gone to build a bridge across a river from the airport to the 4th largest city in the stte -- not a soul would have said a word. New York City spent over a billion dollars replacing a subway station and no one said a word against them. But the other 49 states seem to be damn certain they get to tell us how to run our state... mad.

If you haven't noticed...I'm not too charmed with comments blithely made about the "bridge to nowhere"...

Dennis

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
GB1

B
BWalker Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Lets see I refute everything your two knuckle heads come up with and I am the box of rocks?

The only thing you've refuted is your ability to debate with either facts or intelligence.

Ahh,lets see you come up with some line of crap about the RCM's being innovative-as I pointed out they are not. Next you come up with some line of crap about special loads being new-they are not. THEN You come up with some crap about the "package" being unique-it isnt.
Think that about sums it up.
The fact is neither of you two idiots can come up with a single thing that the RCM's do that other guns and cartridges dont do. And neither of you can grasp the concept that the RCM's are doomed long term for a variety of reasons as pointed out by myself and BobinNH.

Last edited by BWalker; 04/16/10.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by muledeer
I got a bridge ill sell you.

If the bridge is built along the same lines as your argument, that would make it... a bridge to nowhere.

The "bridge to nowhere" was designed to go from the 4th largest city in Alaska across a quarter-mile of channel to the international airport on the next island. I guarantee you that if any of the other 49 states had gone to build a bridge across a river from the airport to the 4th largest city in the stte -- not a soul would have said a word. New York City spent over a billion dollars replacing a subway station and no one said a word against them. But the other 49 states seem to be damn certain they get to tell us how to run our state... mad.

If you haven't noticed...I'm not too charmed with comments blithely made about the "bridge to nowhere"...

Dennis

Now, Dennis... I wasn't referring to your bridge to nowhere -- just his (il)logical bridge to nowhere.

If you're fixin' to put a hole in something,
make it a hole to remember.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Lets see I refute everything your two knuckle heads come up with and I am the box of rocks?

The only thing you've refuted is your ability to debate with either facts or intelligence.

Ahh,lets see you come up with some line of crap about the RCM's being innovative-as I pointed out they are not. Next you come up with some line of crap about special loads being new-they are not. THEN You come up with some crap about the "package" being unique-it isnt.
Think that about sums it up.
The fact is neither of you two idiots can come up with a single thing that the RCM's do that other guns and cartridges dont do. And neither of you can grasp the concept that the RCM's are doomed long term for a variety of reasons as pointed out by myself and BobinNH.

Again, your only argument is that our argument is crap. You haven't pointed out or proven anything using defensible facts. You just throw your opinions around as though they're factual merely because you said it. Sorry, that dog won't hunt, and anyone with half a functioning brain can see that by reading your posts. The simple truth is that you're long on ill-founded opinion and short on facts. The only thing "doomed" in this issue is your credibility.

Box of rocks was too generous. More like an empty cavern where the rocks used to be.

Last edited by Kentucky_Windage; 04/16/10.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who's the "other guy" you're referring to? Hope you're not referring to my viewpoint, because if you are you have clearly failed to grasp my outlook.

Just in case...let me be clear. There are a few dozen, at a minimum, cartridges out there that can do perfectly well for hunting big game. Some are more "popular" than others, in terms of how many sell in a year, and how much ammo sells in a year. Some have lots of factory ammo at varying prices, and some largely require handloading to have sufficient and functional ammo.

But the simple reality is that, for me, the cartridges and rifles I like are the ones I'll use, and it matters not the slightest whether you or any-or-everyone else likes it or not. I literally couldn't possibly care less about anyone else's opinion, once I've made mine up. Nor do I care the slightest what you or anyone else decides to own. And I certainly couldn't care the faintest amount that a .338 Win Mag might shoot a bullet 200 fps faster out the muzzle than my .338 RCM.

I do care greatly about the other 49 States feeling like they get to tell us what to do...

Dennis

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Weatherby's are boat anchors too.

True enough, and I'm obviously quite fond of them because I own a bunch... but I can guarantee you my Hawkeye 338 RCM will go on certain hunts where a Weatherby, Remington, Kimber, etc. won't make the trip.

OK, I'll bite. Where does a Hawkeye 338 RCM go and do, that a .325 Kimber Montana won't and don't?
..............OK! I`ll bite with ya on this one and go with this analysis!!!

Pretend it is three years ago!!!!

"Where does a Hawkeye 375 Ruger go and do,,,,,that a .375 H&H (chambered in any other given rifle) won`t and don`t."????????????????????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????????

Explain that one, since the 375 Ruger and 375 H&H are both of the same caliber!!!!!!

The issue here "IS NOT" and "HAS NOT" been, that the 338 RCM Hawkeye can do anything better on any hunt than what a 325 WSM Kimber can do or what a 338 Win can do chambered in any other rifle.

You cannot necessarily determine the success or failure of any newer round based on other existing comparable cartridges that it would compare to ballistically. If that were the case, and because of the 375 H&H, the 375 Ruger, would in no way have seen the enormous success and acceptance in the marketplace.

Why or how then over the past three years, DID the 375 Ruger become so successful in lieu of the 375 H&H, which had a 95 year head start along with an enormous world wide following???? WHY? You`ve got the same calibers here, with neither round able to out do the other on any game!!! So why then, the huge success of the 375 Ruger????....Think about it!!!

Simple!...And this also applies to the 338 RCM as well. It is "NOT" just the cartridge folks, it is the "RIFLES" too. It is the entire package, BOTH the rifle and the cartridge. In the case of the 338 RCM, it nearly equals the longer barreled 338 WM in performance "FROM" its shorter 20" barrel, just like the 20" tubed 375 Ruger equals and can even slightly exceed longer barreled 375 H&H performances "FROM" its shorter barrel.

Did we need another 375? Probably not!!! Did we need another 338? Probably not!!

So why are they selling then? This ain`t rocket science guys!

Many are enamered and frankly prefer (a continuing and growing trend), the nearly equal to, or the equaling of, or the slight increase of ballistics from a shorter OAL rifles with a shorter barrel, that are somewhat better handling, somewhat easier to carry, somewhat easier to manuver, etc and etc.

That`s exactly why the 375 Ruger literally blasted off and why imo the 338 RCM will steadily grow in popularity. Those reasons above, is what seperates the 338 RCM from the 338 Win and what seperates the 375 Ruger from the 375 H&H.

Ruger and Hornady simply capitalized (good for them) on that growing trend which they did foresee; that with CERTAIN cartridges chambered in shorter barreled rifles with shorter OALs, that the ballistic performances from them can nearly equal, can equal, and can even exceed those from the longer barreled bretheren in the same caliber.

So maybe the next time one thinks, or is of the opinion that a cartridge may be doomed for the trash heap, it would really be a good idea imo, to look at the "whole" package?????????, with a better analysis of what the shooting public may like and accept, rather than from some who can only offer the usual biased knee-jerk opinions that predict "future" obsolesense.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Dennis - He clearly isn't going to let facts cloud his opinions. Just another one of those guys for whom the universe stopped spinning after development of the ought-six.

B
BWalker Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dennis, I was in no way referring to you. Your argument is well centered and not filled with HYPE.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cool...thanks. Didn't think so, but thought I better check... smile.

Dennis

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
just for the heck of it... bump...

IC B3

Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

688 members (160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 72 invisible), 2,753 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,163
Posts18,465,206
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.