Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
90% of the days I hunt it's raining and even the few days its not the brush is still wet so I wear the only waterproof pants I have and there camo. Most of the time I hunt yotes in the summer, I wear jeans but not the rest of the year.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Carhartts... the other Jean !

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
dont have any pics of any wall hangers but to prove i hunt in blue jeans grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

so does my daughter(on the right)
[Linked Image]

and my wife
[Linked Image]

inspecting elk beds
[Linked Image]

glassing for elk
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v673/rattler_mt/hunting%202007/IMG_0048.jpg[/img]

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sendero, some really nice elk! That Dall Sheep is awesome!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sainte.... orange for geese? Ducks? Really? Thats one of the anal things about camo... for birds like waterfowl and turkeys... I still wear it.camo that is...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My feet on the trail from last week... wolves have good sized tracks.

[Linked Image]

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by rost495
Sainte.... orange for geese? Ducks? Really? Thats one of the anal things about camo... for birds like waterfowl and turkeys... I still wear it.camo that is...

I do a lot of jump-shooting waterfowl and the season overlaps with deer rifle season here. It makes it a little harder to stalk up on them but it is better than being plugged by some idiot with a .30-.30.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Varmitgay, forgot to tell my little guy to not wear jeans and cowboy boots...OOPS

[Linked Image]

"If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I wear Wranglers because they're, well, what I have!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My brother doesen't mind wearing 'em either! grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...797_100001040250148_345916_6347891_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...349_100001040250148_114599_1728258_n.jpg[/img]

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Some more blue jean "Hunters" - on display!
Heres a real insight into the mentality/expertise of "blue jeanie" type Hunters!
I was so "impressed" with these three "blue jeanie" Hunters that I waited for the next opportunity and made a copy of the Televison show the "blue jeanies" were FEATURED on!
The show was last weeks epsiode of "Hooked On Utah"!
There were three main "characters" on this episode - all three of the main "characters" were "blue jeanies" and showed up for this "Hunt" wearing BLUE JEANS!
There were two others along for the "Hunt" (they did not carry firearms) and they wore full camoflaged outfits as they filmed the "blue jeanies".
"Blue jeanie" number 1 was the husband of "blue jeanie" number 2 who was the "Huntress" of Elk that day!
Also along for the "ride" was "blue jeanie" number 3 - he was the father of "blue jeanie" number 2!
And when I say "along for the ride" I mean ALONG FOR THE RIDE!
"Blue jeanie number 1, number 2 and number 3 were NEVER seen walking or stalking during the Elk Hunt!
The "blue jeanies" rode (constantly!) around in a "blue jeanie special" - a four passenger motorized vehicle!
Again NOT ONCE were any of the "blue jeanies" ever seen away from the vehicle or standing anywhere but on a road!
Finally the "blue jeanies" spot a mosnter Bull Elk at 527 yards!
"Blue jeanie" #1 exits the motorized vehicle and declares "we are gonna put the hammer down on this Bull"
I only wish that bragadocio had been true!
"Blue jeanie" #1 departs the seat of the motorized vehicle and sets up a tripod for "blue jeanie" #2. "blue jeanie" #2 proceeds to fire away at the trophy Elk (at 527 yards!) with a 25/06 Rifle that she is VERY unfamiliar with!
In fact once "blue jeanie" #2 is out of bullets, and the Bull is still standing but wounded, she asks her husband to "reload the Rifle for me"!
The camera now cuts away and when it comes back "blue jeanie" #1 has set up an auxilary (second) tripod for "blue jeanie" #2!
Blue jeanie" #2 now has two tripods to rest her Rifle on!
And she is NOW shooting a 300 Remington Ultra Mag at the Elk. The hapless bull is 527 yards away and still standing wounded now for sure though!
"Blue jeanie" #2 starts firing the big iron - with a noticeable flinch I might add!
In all I observed "blue jeanie" #2 fire 7 rounds at the Elk which began at 527 yards and the range increased OVER TIME!
"Blue jeanie" #1 alluded to at least ONE other round being fired at the hapless Elk whilst the camera was off!
At one point late in the barrage of fire "blue jeanie" #2 pleads with "blue jeanie" #1 to "shoot the Elk for her"!
A sadder state of affairs I do not believe I have EVER seen on film!!!
The cameras cut away again and resumes with "blue jeanie" #1 again bragging "we put the hammer down on that Bull"!
Again I only wish that had been the case!
The cameras cut away and pick up with "blue jeanies" #1, #2 and #3 "riding" to the Elk in their motorized vehicle!
And now it becomes clear that the Elk is on the inside of a HIGH FENCE as the motorized vehicle carrying "blue jeanies" #1, #2 and #3 has driven along it for some distance.
"Blue jeanie" Hunter heaven this for sure - Elk inside a high fence!
True "blue jeanies" endorsers to the end, the camerapeople simply can not let the show end without ONE MORE bragadocio from "blue jeanie" #1 - he ends the show with a third emphatic boast "we put the hammer down on that Bull"!
Not only was "blue jeanie" #1 INCORRECT in that oft repeated and stupid boast he was ill mannered and unsportsmanlike as well!
The Elk appeared to me to be an enhanced growth type bull inside that private ranch with the high fence scoring "over 400 B&J ("blue jeanie"!) points" - still I wish it had come to a quicker and less offensive fate!
All in all a great example for other "blue jeanies" everywhere - wouldn't you say?
LOL.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That damn kid's hat is too small! Man, who would let there kid run around with a dink cowboy hat like that - in blue jeans no less!

smile

Cool photo btw.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hunting shows are a joke 99% of the time, no matter what the "hunters" in question are wearing. If you replaced the blue jeans with whatever else you find acceptable would the show have been any less bad?

Originally Posted by "VarmintGuy"
All in all a great example for other "blue jeanies" everywhere - wouldn't you say?
LOL.

You like paint with a pretty broad brush, don't you?

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Heres a real insight into the mentality/expertise of "blue jeanie" type Hunters!
I was so "impressed" with these three "blue jeanie" Hunters that I waited for the next opportunity and made a copy of the Televison show the "blue jeanies" were FEATURED on!
There were three main "characters" on this episode - all three of the main "characters" were "blue jeanies" and showed up for this "Hunt" wearing BLUE JEANS!
There were two others along for the "Hunt" (they did not carry firearms) and they wore full camoflaged outfits as they filmed the "blue jeanies".
"Blue jeanie" number 1 was the husband of "blue jeanie" number 2 who was the "Huntress" of Elk that day!
Also along for the "ride" was "blue jeanie" number 3 - he was the father of "blue jeanie" number 2!
"Blue jeanie number 1, number 2 and number 3 were NEVER seen walking or stalking during the Elk Hunt!
The "blue jeanies" rode (constantly!) around in a "blue jeanie special" - a four passenger motorized vehicle!
Again NOT ONCE were any of the "blue jeanies" ever seen away from the vehicle or standing anywhere but on a road!
"Blue jeanie" #1 exits the motorized vehicle and declares "we are gonna put the hammer down on this Bull"
"Blue jeanie" #1 departs the seat of the motorized vehicle and sets up a tripod for "blue jeanie" #2. "blue jeanie" #2 proceeds to fire away at the trophy Elk (at 527 yards!) with a 25/06 Rifle that she is VERY unfamiliar with!
In fact once "blue jeanie" #2 is out of bullets, and the Bull is still standing but wounded, she asks her husband to "reload the Rifle for me"!
The camera now cuts away and when it comes back "blue jeanie" #1 has set up an auxilary (second) tripod for "blue jeanie" #2!
And she is NOW shooting a 300 Remington Ultra Mag at the Elk. The hapless bull is 527 yards away and still standing wounded now for sure though!
"Blue jeanie" #2 starts firing the big iron - with a noticeable flinch I might add!
In all I observed "blue jeanie" #2 fire 7 rounds at the Elk which began at 527 yards and the range increased OVER TIME!
"Blue jeanie" #1 alluded to at least ONE other round being fired at the hapless Elk whilst the camera was off!
At one point late in the barrage of fire "blue jeanie" #2 pleads with "blue jeanie" #1 to "shoot the Elk for her"!
The cameras cut away again and resumes with "blue jeanie" #1 again bragging "we put the hammer down on that Bull"!
The cameras cut away and pick up with "blue jeanies" #1, #2 and #3 "riding" to the Elk in their motorized vehicle!
And now it becomes clear that the Elk is on the inside of a HIGH FENCE as the motorized vehicle carrying "blue jeanies" #1, #2 and #3 has driven along it for some distance.
True "blue jeanies" endorsers to the end, the camerapeople simply can not let the show end without ONE MORE bragadocio from "blue jeanie" #1 - he ends the show with a third emphatic boast "we put the hammer down on that Bull"!
Not only was "blue jeanie" #1 INCORRECT in that oft repeated and stupid boast he was ill mannered and unsportsmanlike as well!
The Elk appeared to me to be an enhanced growth type bull inside that private ranch with the high fence scoring "over 400 B&J ("blue jeanie"!) points" - still I wish it had come to a quicker and less offensive fate!
All in all a great example for other "blue jeanies" everywhere - wouldn't you say?LOL.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Blaming their questionable ethics and hunting style on the pants they wore is the same as blaming it on the 25-06 she was shooting. I personally wear different pants in different conditions. When hunting Eastern Montana in dry weather I wear blue jeans, when hunting high country elk in bad weather I wear wool. I am not suddenly a bad hunter those times I decide indigo canvas is best, or suddenly a mature wise hunter when I wear wool. Like the other guy said, you paint with a pretty broad brush. With the way you jump to conclusions based on one article of clothing, I'd hate to have you do my job interview.

John

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Do you mean "blue genie"? I'm confused.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Glacier_John
All in all a great example for other "blue jeanies" everywhere - wouldn't you say?LOL.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Blaming their questionable ethics and hunting style on the pants they wore is the same as blaming it on the 25-06 she was shooting. I personally wear different pants in different conditions. When hunting Eastern Montana in dry weather I wear blue jeans, when hunting high country elk in bad weather I wear wool. I am not suddenly a bad hunter those times I decide indigo canvas is best, or suddenly a mature wise hunter when I wear wool. Like the other guy said, you paint with a pretty broad brush. With the way you jump to conclusions based on one article of clothing, I'd hate to have you do my job interview.

John

The amount of times blue jeans is worn into the field is directly proportional to the ethics of said hunter!

The new Campfire rule!

I'm screwed...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Haven't read the entire thread, but it seems like some think there's some taboo about wearing jeans when deer hunting? I've got about 30 years worth of dead deer that say otherwise. I finally broke down and bought a pair of Realtree camo jeans, but wouldn't hesitate to go blue again. If you spot the deer before they see you, it's game over. Plain and simple.

Last edited by gophergunner; 01/08/11.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
LOL.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You're a retard, and willing to prove it at any opportunity crazy

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by MagMarc
LOL.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

You're a retard, and willing to prove it at any opportunity crazy

+1........[bleep]....... crazy

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
T
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
T
F'n really? they hunt like that because they wear blue jeans? really?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What's Camo?????????????????

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 51 invisible), 2,313 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,506
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.