-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My brother went looking for CCI SS after he installed M4-2000 on his 10-22 and couldn't find any in his typical gunshops in the Front Range.

Found plenty of Rem SS and it shot quietly enough at his elevation and temperature. But I prefer the CCI out of any .22; reckon there's a reason they were out everywhere?

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJM
Originally Posted by MOGC
The Eley was always my pick until you suddenly couldn't find it anymore. Damn I wish Eley would get off their ass and start making some ammo again! The SK is very good, RWS also. But for the inexpensive the Winchester Sub Sonic is pretty darned good. The Winchester is better than the CCI in my experience and the Remington isn't even in the running for consideration.

...not Eley's fault...Remington bought Eley as I recall and right after they did the subsonic disappeared...

Bob

Bob,
Are you sure about that? I don't think that is true. I "think" Remington contracted Eley to make some loads for them with a co-banner so Remington could cash in on the Eley name and reputation, but I'm pretty sure they didn't buy out the entire company. Eley has been saying they were redesigning both the sub sonic and the high velocity hollowpoint load (what many of us called the "White Rabbit" load because of the picture on the front cover of the boxes). Supposedly Eley has a new bullet design for those loads... but they are s-l-o-w to get product on the shelves.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Remember, to really test the grouping of different rounds, you should season the bore with 10-20 rounds of a given brand before you shoot your test group. Left over lube from the previous brand may affect how your gun actually shoots different stuff.

H
hotsoup Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
shoot4fun - by "consistent" i am talking about velocity (as in the difference in sound between a sub and something faster). i have a suppressor on this .22, and one can easily disern the difference between a sub round and one that isn't. the remington subs i have are not all subs (although they say sunsonic on the box), but vary greatly in sound/velocity, which shows itself in different points of impact. the win and rws are not only accurate, but every round fired sounds exactly like the one before. that is not the case with the rem loads i have. thanks for the response.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have been using the CCI standard velocitys for a while but they started going supersonic on me last time I was shooting. Not good, so I just ordered 2 bricks of RWS Subsonics. They will be in Thursday and I will report back.

I also have used Wolf Match ammo and had good results.

IC B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by jbuck
I have been using the CCI standard velocitys for a while but they started going supersonic on me last time I was shooting. Not good, so I just ordered 2 bricks of RWS Subsonics. They will be in Thursday and I will report back.

I also have used Wolf Match ammo and had good results.

How did they go sub-sonic on you? I am pretty sure they start out subsonic.

Dink

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I am not sure what your saying.

They stay subsonic for in my auto loader, but I was getting some supersonic cracks while shooting them in a 16" bolt gun.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Jbuck I mis-read what you posted. I thought you were saying they were going sub-sonic even though they start out already sub-sonic.

Dink

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I'd like to try the RWS but haven't seen it around here (haven't looked very hard though). The CCI standard velocity ammo and segmented HPs have been great but I'm sure the RWS ammo is top notch as well. I might have to give some a try - along with some Wolf Match ammo....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I ordered the RWS from Midwayusa

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

664 members (1eyedmule, 1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 3,117 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,728
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.