Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rick59

For the hecklers sittin' in the cheap seats....that's over $1,500. Why no comments now?

BTT for you and good luck with the sale!

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I own the exact gun and it is not even close to being worth that much. You can make an old style Encore smokeless by just machining a jet into the factory breech plug. Only difference TC 1-28" twist and Savage 1-24" twist. So basically I could have a back-up smokeless muzzleloader for $400-$600 by buying a used Encore and converting it. With that Savage price it is the lowest quality $1500 gun made period.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One could buy Remington Ti's for less than $1,000 at one time as well. Price is dictated by supply and demand and what somebody is willing to pay for something. Looks like there are some people that think these ML's are worth more than you do. I say to each his own, but I wouldn't schitt on another guy's thread no matter what I thought.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
ncyotecaller, you really are an idiot, get over it will you , stop being a jerk and post on your own threads.I have been nice to this point,but PMing me and such is going a little to far,I hope you don't anything on this forum as I will be all over it ...Have a great day

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
IC B2

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I was saying the gun broker gun and the exact gun I own isn't worth $1500 I have never mentioned your gun ever again have I. As far as being an idiot I am probably one of the smartest people you would ever meet. I know where there more than a dozen 10ml's I can go put my hands on right now and if any of them had to buy them now at today's prices they would just go back to the old school way of shooting then cleaning and so on with their old style inlines. Gas is only worth what you have to pay for it because it is a neccesity and the world revolves around it. I love my 10ml as much as the next guy who has one but I would never sell mine for $1000 more than it is worth. I called my dad tonight and told him he can forget getting one because of the prices on them today and if he wanted a smokeless gun I would build him and Encore. All I say is good luck on your sale hopefully you will be able to move your gun and somebody will be the owner of one of the smartest ideas of the last 25yrs. Just to bad Savage got so scared because people didn't follow instructions and blew some up.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ky, you're relatively new here but why would you put an ad for your rifle in another guys thread?

That is just ridiculous and stupid.

Make your own thread and let Mudder try to sell his rifle.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Originally Posted by ncyotecaller
I bought my stainless/ laminated shipped to my door for $530. My dad is looking for one and I have had people offer me more than 5 under $500.

You could double your money

Most of thr prople on here that buy them (money don't matter)
and in the long run they will be the people that will come out on top with the best!!!
And we will still set around complainting about high the price was, Guess what They have the gun5 years from know will you know where that money went!!
He will have a Savage ML10 II Maybe the last one everymade
Think about it

Fuzzy
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Mudder, maybe you ought to start a new thread with your gun for sale. Hopefully all the dumbazzes will keep quiet & let you sell your gun.

B
B
People are able to ask whatever they want for the goods that they are selling. The buyers set the market by what they are willing to pay. If it is too much, he'll never sell this. It seems that he is within the ranges of what the market bares. If you are interested in buying it, ask him questions or make him an offer. If not, leave it alone. That is the polite thing to do. Oh, and if you have a similar gun to sell, open your own thread. didn't your mommas teach you any manners?

Last edited by BlueCan; 01/10/11.
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by BlueCan
People are able to ask whatever they want for the goods that they are selling. The buyers set the market by what they are willing to pay. If it is too much, he'll never sell this. It seems that he is within the ranges of what the market bares. If you are interested in buying it, ask him questions or make him an offer. If not, leave it alone. That is the polite thing to do. Oh, and if you have a similar gun to sell, open your own thread. didn't your mommas teach you any manners?

You are absolutely 100% right!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I own the exact gun and it is not even close to being worth that much. You can make an old style Encore smokeless by just machining a jet into the factory breech plug. Only difference TC 1-28" twist and Savage 1-24" twist. So basically I could have a back-up smokeless muzzleloader for $400-$600 by buying a used Encore and converting it. With that Savage price it is the lowest quality $1500 gun made period.

you keep that up smart man and you may end up short a few parts,,,

and geez everybody leave this guys thread along will ya! This is the classifieds not the bitch session,,, you have a problem with his price then thats YOUR problem not his!

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
As far as converting the Encore to smokeless I can direct you to half a dozen of them right now that have been problem free for 10ys +. as long as you use the old style breach plug with at least 13 threads on it it will work with no problem. The receiver will handle the pressure of very large center fires with much higher pressures. Like I said before Savage just tucked tail and ran.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
As far as converting the Encore to smokeless I can direct you to half a dozen of them right now that have been problem free for 10ys +. as long as you use the old style breach plug with at least 13 threads on it it will work with no problem. The receiver will handle the pressure of very large center fires with much higher pressures. Like I said before Savage just tucked tail and ran.

Very classy. (note to self.....post BS on all of your future posts selling anything in the classifieds).

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Let me enlighten people on a little bit about the savage and or TC. The 10ml was born about 15min down the road for me by Henry Ball which had help alone the way, basically there were guys building them locally here before Savage bought his patent. Those very same other local guys building Remingtons, Brownings, Savages and TC Encores smokeless did extensive testing at the range. Mainly doing remote test like firing all the guns from a clamped down base from a safe distance and never had a problem with any, even the TC's. All smokeless muzzleloaders are made unsafe by guy wanting to pus the bar and go above and beyond recommended book loads and the ones that get double loaded. I have seen 2 Savages double loaded in the last 2 hrs and all it did was bulge the barrel a small amount in one place.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thought this was a America? Thought this was a classified section? We are not to judge what a guy wants for his item. If you don't want it, and have no intention of buying it, who cares what he ask? How good it is, or what's better. Just like the TV, if you don't like what is on, don't watch. If you don't vote, don't complain about who is in office and so on..... Guys, show a little more respect, and let the guy try to sell his goods. Save chit chat for other forums. Leave this one for selling and buying.

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything.
- Notebook, 1894 Mark Twain
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Let me enlighten people on a little bit about the savage and or TC. The 10ml was born about 15min down the road for me by Henry Ball which had help alone the way, basically there were guys building them locally here before Savage bought his patent. Those very same other local guys building Remingtons, Brownings, Savages and TC Encores smokeless did extensive testing at the range. Mainly doing remote test like firing all the guns from a clamped down base from a safe distance and never had a problem with any, even the TC's. All smokeless muzzleloaders are made unsafe by guy wanting to pus the bar and go above and beyond recommended book loads and the ones that get double loaded. I have seen 2 Savages double loaded in the last 2 hrs and all it did was bulge the barrel a small amount in one place.

look dipschitt, it doesn't matter where it was made, what it's made of, how good it shoots, or anything else you think of it.

take your crap to the muzzle loader page if you want to discuss it.

otherwise, get off the [bleep] swap/sell page and quit hijacking people's ads!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Think about it this is what the OP wanted.... He wanted controversy it keeps his thread at the top if he didnt he wouldnt have made the subject a question, he would have simply stated whatis for sale and a price. Then he modifies the subject to say "new question" if no one would argue back then the thread would die out.

M
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
another newbie running his mouth, well guess what guys, it is now on Gunbroker.com and has 2 bids on it , started at .01 and it is up to 810.00. So all the negative idiots out here,you can eat crow on what it is worth and go [bleep] with someone elses classifed ads...:-)

There are a lot more ½" rifles than ½" shooters.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
good for you, high demand item right now

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (35, 280shooter, 14idaho, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 8 invisible), 1,559 guests, and 701 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,519
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.