Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have never used Schnees but the Kenetreks are stiff and I had no problems with them, I even had a well jacked up ankle on my deer hunt from when I hurt it at work and I was able to make it through 8 days of coues deer hunting

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mtmiller
I am also looking at pac boots and it is between Kenetrek and Schnees. Correct me if I am wrong, Kenetrek pacs made in Thailand and Schnees made in Bozeman?
Be careful that the 13"ers aren't hip boots for you... wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kenaiking
All the rubber bottoms on all the pac's are made over sea's. There are no 100% made in USA pac's.

all I know is the sole of my hoffmans says IDAHO, my whites say CHINA

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is from Jim himself when I emailed asking about there pac's a couple years ago.

"The uppers and soles are - there are no rubber manufactures left here is the USA for the rubber shells."

"It's my main love for all things Ackley. Plus the dude was cool before cool was cool."

SH08
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by pointer
I am also looking at pac boots and it is between Kenetrek and Schnees. Correct me if I am wrong, Kenetrek pacs made in Thailand and Schnees made in Bozeman?

Tyler, pretty sure there is no "load limit" on either; you should be fine. smirk

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by CWD
Not all Schnees are made in MT. I have 2 pairs, one of which is made overseas.

Schnee's had a cut-rate "Sportsman Series" that is no longer in their catalog. I'm thinking that may be the overseas assy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pointer

Tyler, pretty sure there is no "load limit" on either; you should be fine. smirk
Good thing I only have to walk 100yds to my tree stand now. Anything farther would be 'extreme'!

Is it as cold there as it looks like on the Weather Channel?

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
thanks fellas for all the replies .

to anyone that use used the Kenetreks ; how were they for warmth at subzero ?.....I see their liners in many of the boots are only 6mm thick .

That doen't sound like alot , but mebbe the Thinsulate makes up for being on the skinny side ?

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
thanks fellas for all the replies .

to anyone that use used the Kenetreks ; how were they for warmth at subzero ?.....I see their liners in many of the boots are only 6mm thick .

That doen't sound like alot , but mebbe the Thinsulate makes up for being on the skinny side ?

With a pair of good wool socks and a liner socks no problem as long as you move around a bit. If you are going to be sitting still for long periods at 0 and colder temps you want a boot designed for such.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wore my Kenetrek Cowboys for the first time. We moved the cow herd. Temps probably ranged from 10-25 F. I was in the saddle for about 5-6 hours. My feet stayed warm, much colder though and I think I'd need something warmer. The boots work great in and out of the stirrup. I'd recommend them for anyone wanting a pac boot for riding.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
well , I hope they're gonna be warm enough cause I up and ordered the Kenetrek cowboys yesterday.....cabelers had them on sale . I'll be using them for cattle feeding and other chores , so I will be moving around some but some weeks in the bad of winter we struggle to reach zero .

I find a packer style boot does pretty good at holding up my flat-assed arches , so we will see how they feel in a couple of days .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll bet they'll be warm enough for that. They'd be fine for riding in cooler weather too as long as you weren't just riding lazily along. I get pretty warm if I'm trotting or roping etc.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
Originally Posted by kenaiking
All the rubber bottoms on all the pac's are made over sea's. There are no 100% made in USA pac's.

This is true, same with things like tires, virtually all vulcanized rubber production takes place overseas since LaCrosse closed their rubber factory 15 or so years ago. Schnee's bottoms come from Thailand, but buy the Hunter or US contructed models and everything else is US sourced (the leather, brass, laces etc) and cut/built in Bozeman. Finally got to dust my 13" Hunters off, ice fishing and goose hunting season is in full swing out here in MT!

"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends upon the character of the user" ~ Theodore Roosevelt
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I really am impressed with the Schnee's PAC boots. Always get a second set of liners to change out each day while the first set drys.

These have kept my feet warm hunting and in last years blizzards!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Peet boot driers are the ticket if you wear them alot. I'm lazy and haven't taken the liners out in a couple weeks. There is also electricity, might not work in a tent.....(grin)

Gonna order a new set of liners and see they make a bottom liner, only $10 might have to get a pair.

Last edited by SamOlson; 01/06/11.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have the Schnees and love them. they provide great ankle support if you lace them snuggly. Fantastic customer service as well.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I've not owned nor tried Schnees, but have used Kenetrek's Grizzly's for the past two hunting seasons. Last year on a SD mule deer hunt we scouted one day in 2 to 10 degree temps with 20mph wind for about 6 hours and my feet stayed comfortable while glassing for 15 to 20 minutes at a time with a lot of waking in-between stops. The first day of the hunt we had a couple of inches of snow on the ground and the temps warmed to around 20 degrees or so and my feet stayed completely warm. I was fortunate and killed out early the first morning. I also have a pair of Kenetrek Extremes (I use for hunting in CO) and was concerned that the additional weight of the pac boots would be a problem but, I hardly noticed the added heft of the boots. Also, they are stiff, but broke-in much faster than my other boots.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Hopefully he settled on a pair in the last 8 years...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by headwatermike
Hopefully he settled on a pair in the last 8 years...

Good grief, isn’t that true...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I have Kenetrek because Schnees does not make a 13 W that fits me and Kenetrek does.

That said my kenetrek mountain extreme are great boots and worth the money!

Ted
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
134 members (2UP, 300_savage, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 10Glocks, 12 invisible), 1,805 guests, and 819 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.