Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Some used scopes were delivered by a certain unnamed optics dealer... (wink, wink)... We had hoped for more, but we have what we have...

These scopes will be given to kids, absolutely free, and I pay postage. If you are a kid, or know a kid that needs a scope have them contact me by PM or email.

All I want is a reason why you think I should send you a scope... This is not going to be solely needs-based, nor an English 101 essay-based test. Just send me a brief description of what the scope is needed for, or why it is needed, or any other reason why I should send you a scope. It might also allow me to pick a better scope for your purposes.

This is not first-come, first-served, but rather you have to make me think I want to send you a scope.

I apologize in advance for not having more scopes and probably do not have enough for all that request one, but 10 scopes will be given away.

Feel free to ask questions here, but you do not gain a thing by posting here... Only the PM or email matters and it will be 100% confidential unless you want to post later about the scope you got.

Again, we had hoped for more, but we have what we have.
art

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sitka,

I've given away some scopes to kids for free on the forum here several times..

its a good feeling..

and you're a good man for doing so!

Good show!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thats great of you guys!!
I wish I was a kid!!

Hunt...
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
As his first job, my 14 year old worked as a trap boy at a local gun club this past summer and saved nearly everything he earned which I have to admit somewhat surprised me. After borrowing his grandfather's rifle for his hunt he decided to spend his money and purchased a .270 rifle of his very own. Now he is saving up to purchase a scope so he can actually shoot it as it didn't come with sights.

I will tell him about your generous offer and see what he comes up with.

Quite a gesture on your part.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
very cool.

Something clever here.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I am nothing more than the messenger... the real good guy is the nameless scope provider/retailer/all around good guy... And I get to make kids happy.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
All of the kids that have responded will get scopes... Some have already gotten them, but the rest will start receiving them in the next few days.
thanks for your patience!
art

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Way to go Art.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a 2-7 Redfield I would like to put into the mix..nice,clean,no junk,same rules apply as the OP...
this is an extra,no money needed and I hope will help some young hunter to get on his/her way.....rifle
Contact me by PM

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
rifle
If no one has contacted you about this please let me know and I will give you an address of one that has contacted me...

It will help a great deal and I will explain why by PM... If the scope is spoken for all I can say is thank you for supporting the good idea!
thanks again!
art

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sitka deer..send me an address and name and it's on the way!!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I ask to buy a scope for a young man with a dead beat dad and a forum member offered to him for free. There are truly some great guys on this forum. I applaud you all for having such a big heart.

Reggie

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Art, there's a pretty excited 13 yr old in Northern Mn right now. He sent me a txt message today, said he heard from you in a PM.

Big thanks to you and your optics dealer.

Something clever here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Art,my young hunter was delivered his scope as well. I got a nice email from him.Thanks for setting this up!

Come on America,

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This thread show the great quality of folks that this forum attracts...

Good show for " rifle" and "sitka Deer"...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amen to that!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Great job you guys. This is the kind of thing I love about this forum. I applaud all of you.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
There are a few kids I have sent PMs to for addresses and have not gotten them... If we have already talked and you do not have a scope please check your PM box..
art

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
My boy got a package in the mail today, very nice! Happy kid.

Thanks man, very cool.

Something clever here.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Happy to hear it! There is just one box left unaccounted for but there have been well over 30 scopes arriving in kid hands... and several came from members that just sent them on and did not want to be named.

Thanks to all, especially that GR8, humble scope guy that does not want to be mentioned.
art

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
104 members (10gaugeman, 338reddog, 405joe, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 10 invisible), 1,390 guests, and 688 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,873
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.