Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anyone catch the first segment? (We "had" to watch something else.)

The trailers look pretty good.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I thought it aired on the 14th?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
i love the clip of the woman on the fork truck saying "Ice road truckers are a bunch of puzzys"... cracks me up every time...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yep, you're right I guess. I was sure I had seen something about the first show on Wednesday the 5th. Glad I haven't missed any of them. These guys are the real deal. I've seen the cameras around for the past several months. I hope Discovery didn't screw things up too bad.

Originally Posted by toad
i love the clip of the woman on the fork truck saying "Ice road truckers are a bunch of puzzys"... cracks me up every time...

That's Ferno. She's one tough little cookie, and does so much so well... and with a friendly greeting always.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Kotzebue is a hub for more than a dozen villages. You would not believe the air traffic, or the kind of crap those shuttle guys fly in routinely. Well, yes you would, being where you are, I guess.

The Alaska Airline pilots bringing in the 737's from Anchorage ain't any slouches either. Well, there's the newbies slumming from Seattle who get a little spooked at landing on a relatively short lagoon-strip with ground drift.....

I didn't say this, but it appears to me that sometimes those guys - the experienced ones - jet-jockies and shuttle-line pilots alike - think that "below minimums" is for puzzies.....but then I'm not a pilot and my eyes are only 6 feet off the ground.

Maybe it appears better from the air than the ground.....? smile

I should also note that I have not seen one instance of the jet jockeys pushing the envelope beyond a single "marginal' condition (I get to read the computer print-outs in the AA ops room if I wish, which non-bush rampers probably don't). If more than one condition (runway braking conditions, wind direction, fuel, load for length, etc is marginal, the most we get is a low fly-by, maybe a few minutes of weather hold, or just a bye-bye, depending on fuel load and the Cap's judgment.

Raises hell with the statistics.....

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I saw a complete show one night this week by accident, happened to walk by and it was coming on so watched.

I'm sure its scripted and such too, but I"ve been a number of places that they dealt with and it was nice to watch again.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was on Tuesday night, we watched a couple of episodes and thought it was pretty good. Gives you pretty good insight into what it takes to fly in the Alaskan bush.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I saw the first segment tonite and I'm liking it so far.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Daughter is fairly hot

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ya, I did seem to notice her..

her spunky attitude is what grabs me..

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Daughter is fairly hot

[Linked Image]

Yep. And dad is fairly big, with a gentle demeanor.........and the history of playing hockey on a college scholarship. (I guess that might explain why getting one's neck broken in a plane wreck is simply "[getting] hurt a little bit".) But yeah, the Tweto girls are quite attractive, for sure.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It's obvious that she hasn't been around the business much, given she doesn't know how to marshall in a plane..

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Oh yeah, nothing is hotter than a hot Eskimo woman. Wish their was more of em!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It took a chlorine shot to make that.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calvin
It's obvious that she hasn't been around the business much, given she doesn't know how to marshall in a plane..

Was watching that part thinking, "Yeah, right. I guess they (Discovery) needed to "script" the family learning aspect somehow. Who better to sacrifice than a pretty one. Perhaps they are forgiven more easily." She might not be accustomed to the terminology, but I think she probably has more of a clue about the technical aspect than they made it look. Or perhaps not. It never hurts to have them at the ticket counter inside, if nothing else than for the scenery. And actually, that aspect of the business is, aside from the 1900s and similar sized planes which are not daily occurrences, a relatively new thing with the smaller planes out in these parts. It just hasn't been that crowded out on the fringes.

Last edited by Klikitarik; 01/15/11. Reason: never saw that happen to a post before

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
If you check out her bio she's been on TV before and living in CA.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yep. The girls, though 100% village raised (well, they did do some urban secondary schooling I guess), have done alright in terms of being able to function successfully in a variety of settings.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Just google her name..

Steelhead, find her myspace page and find the "undie run" pics. Thank me later..

It's amazing what people put online these days..

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
the other sister is way hotter.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

431 members (12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 39 invisible), 2,013 guests, and 1,092 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,746
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.