-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Geez, whatever you do, don't tell Swampy....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe
sick

Hear me, hear me.

The Grand, exalted Poobah, leader in spirits of the hark of Turd, Keeper of the Knowledge Seal, Guardian of the Shrine of Loons, has spoken -

and does not know, what the heck he is talking about.

Let there be pictures - showing him with a 750 Woodsmaster in the woods, at the range, dare I say - with a killed animal?

The Remington 750 Woodsmaster Carbine is the best in the world, the whole world, you hear, deer rifle -

as long as you keep the chamber clean clean clean clean.

This opine from having used the synthetic .30-06 a bunch - and having had it jam from my usual Marlin cleaning regime -

wipe it once at Christmas.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

laugh

Member of the Merry Band of turdlike People.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by cmg

The Grand, exalted Poobah, leader in spirits of the hark of Turd, Keeper of the Knowledge Seal, Guardian of the Shrine of Loons, has spoken -

and does not know, what the heck he is talking about.

The Remington 750 Woodsmaster Carbine is the best in the world, the whole world, you hear, deer rifle -

I am shocked...SHOCKED I say...that you would denigrate the Poobah! shocked

You muddy the waters of understanding with pictures and actual experience...

This is not the way..

I have never hunted with a 750 or a 760...I am therefore eminently qualified to espouse highly valued and sought after opinions...

THIS is the way of the 'fire...

[Linked Image]

laugh laugh laugh

Oh, and BTW The way it goes, the rifle is the best in the WORLD....See Swampman 101.... wink

Last edited by ingwe; 01/18/11.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
why don't you get the 7600 Pump carbine? Its probably just as fast for a second shot and 100 quadgigazillion times more reliable...

once that jam master chamber gets a light coat of rust in it, you can never never ever ever get it completely smooth again (on a molecular level)....3 cents worth of hard chrome in the chamber or maybe even gasp NITRITED (the fire taught me that was good) and the rifle could be reasonable POS instead of a total POS.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Someone told me that the 308s were more reliable than the 30-06s. I've owned four Remington Semi-Auto 30-06s and they all jammed. I always liked the way they looked and handled but I just couldn't depend on them for a follow up shot back when we dog hunted.

Last edited by 25-06 Lilja; 01/18/11.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Two things. I remember a smith on here say he never saw a Remington semiauto come that was properly cleaned or lubed. One other said the magazine lip on the prior models simply needed a slightly bend outward to function. The new ones- needed a slight bend in. Sounds crazy my telling it ut he seemed to know his stuff and I will see if I can find a link to that for you. I would not hesitate. Seems this last year a number of the 7400's showed up. Very soft shooters and fun.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by miguel
About three years ago I bought a 750 carbine in .308 and it was the single worst experience buying a firearm in my life. I usually only buy one new rifle a year, so a lot of research and thought goes into it. That year I settled on the 750 carbine-thats where the trouble started. I lived the looks and feel of the rifle, it pointed naturally and came to the shoulder quick. Before I ever shot it I disassembled the major components, degreased everything, and lightly lubed it all with g-96, and reassembled. Now it was off to the range. If I remember right I had 5 different factory 150-165-and 180 loads. Every single load jammed. Basically this was the problem-with 4 rounds loaded in the magazine and one in the chamber, first shot-good,second shot-good,-third shot, the bolt has slammed into the side of the cartridge,denting it. It acted as though the magazine was too high up into the reciever. Long story short, the gun went back to the Remington factory four times over the next year, and was never repaired correctly. It was absolutely the worst customer service I have ever seen. On the fourth trip there the factory said there was nothing wrong with the gun, it must be something that I was doing.I have a friend who owns a gunshop and we spent an afternoon trying different magazine latches and different magazines in it, and finally came up with a combo where it would shoot reliably. I sold it soon after. I really wanted to like that rifle, but I won't have an unreliable gun. It also soured me on Remington in general, that gun should have never left the factory in that condition, much less left it four times for repair and still didn't function properly. I will be very cautious about Remington in the future. Too bad, they used to be the industry standard.

Sounds like you messed the gun up. Why would you pull apart a brand new rifle before even shooting it? I've shot nothing but handloads thru my 750 308carbine since I bought it and it has done nothing but go bang.

I had the trigger cleaned up and now it's about 4 pounds with no creep or grit to it. My only complaint with the gun is the trigger. I don't think it's asking too much to have a decent trigger in a $700 gun regardless of the action style.

I don't drink or Smoke. I spend my money on gunpowder and gasoline.
W
warmutt Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
Thank's all who responded. Some good pro and con debate, which is exactly what I was looking for.

jimmyp I'd like a 7600 carbine, but currently the only one Remington lists has synthetic stocks and only in 30/06. I prefer wood stocks and want one in .308.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
"sounds like you messed the gun up" and "why would you pull apart a brand new rifle before even shooting it?"First of all I can assure you that I didn't mess the gun up. I have owned at least 8 Remington autoloading rifles, 740's, 742's, and 7400's. I have completly stripped plenty of Remingtons,cleaned them and re assembled them, "without screwing them up."I even have a printed takedown guide to look at. As to why I would disassemble, degrease,clean,and lube a new rifle, it should be standard practice for anyone using a rifle new to them, whether its from the factory or a used gun. Who knows whats inside there,it could even be dangerous to shoot. Four or five years ago I took devivery of a brand new Remington LSS Mountain Rifle, before I shot it I prepared to give it a good cleaning and lube. I discovered the barrel was totally obstructed with grease, right from the factory, a brand new gun. And by the way, if "I messed it up" how come the whiz kids at the Remington factory couldn't figure out what I had done so wrong? Bottom line, Remington's quality and control stinks, and their customer service is non-existant. Don't accuse me of not knowing my stuff, trying to protect yet an other great American company that's slipping away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Taconic11
So I sold it to a good Friend - Cheap.

Does he still talk to you? I mean, if you'll do that to a friend....... grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
was considering buying a 750 in .308 for $450 used.

Google reviews on the gun and this thread popped up.

After reading, I'm going to pass on that gun.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
There is a reason Remington discontinued the 750. Like it's predecessors - 740, 742 & 7400 they could never get a semi right. BAR is a MUCH better rifle.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I responded to the OP 7 years ago with favorable comments about the 750 in 35 Whelen that I had been using. Rifle is still reliable with handloads, 250 gr Partitions at a bit under 2500fps. My son in law has taken deer with it in each of the last 2 seasons. I still think it is 1 of the nicer looking factory rifles ever offered, and this one has proven to be a good one over nearly a decade.
Also agree that the BAR is a fine firearm.
Having said that, I have gone kinda retro and have been using an old Savage 1899 in 300 Savage the last couple of years.

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dmsbandit
[quote=humdinger]
I have a 750Carbine in 308 and it is an excellent gun except for the gritty lousy trigger.

Bandit, I don't mean to hijack this thread but you might want to contact Redneck on here about that trigger. He did a nice job on the trigger on my 7600. All I had to send him was the trigger assembly. Fair price and fast turnaround.

Holy snappin' arseholes Margaret! I just realized this thread is 7 years old!

Last edited by River_Ridge; 01/03/18. Reason: Just woke up.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
For God's sake,Gladys, put on your glasses!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 19rabbit52, 63 invisible), 2,314 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,230
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.