Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Anybody have one of the Argentine police/internal security marked Hi-Powers, with the Argentine crest on the on top of the slide near the rear sight, and commander style hammer? If so, how do you like it and how is the feed/functioning?

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have an Argy, but it's not marked as described. Mine is a late 70s vintage and looks just like a military "Browning" Hi-Power with the exception of the factory and country of origin stamps on the side.

As to function, I can say it feeds and shoots ball and cast lead ammo well and accurately. I haven't tried it with hollow points as it's not my primary home defense piece.

I can't comment on the durability. I do know that mine has fired quite a lot of rounds and a friend had a later vintage Argy that proved to have a softer barrel cam block which broke on him. That's about a $200 fix with a gunsmith.

Dan

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Son has one and it works like a charm, there only weakness is the internal extractor, I have no idea where to get one should it break. I made one out of music wire using his a a pattern BEFORE it broke.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by T LEE
Son has one and it works like a charm, there only weakness is the internal extractor, I have no idea where to get one should it break. I made one out of music wire using his a a pattern BEFORE it broke.
Not all have the internal extractor, only the very early pistols.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oregon45
Anybody have one of the Argentine police/internal security marked Hi-Powers, with the Argentine crest on the on top of the slide near the rear sight, and commander style hammer? If so, how do you like it and how is the feed/functioning?

That's an "Argentine Contract" Hi-Power made by FN in Belgium, not to be confused with the FM licensed copies. Like all pre-Mark II Hi-Powers the pistol is designed for hardball (humped feed ramp) and may be finicky with short hollowpoints. Most pistolsmiths can remove the hump if you wish.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by Oregon45
That's an "Argentine Contract" Hi-Power made by FN in Belgium, not to be confused with the FM licensed copies. Like all pre-Mark II Hi-Powers the pistol is designed for hardball (humped feed ramp) and may be finicky with short hollowpoints. Most pistolsmiths can remove the hump if you wish.
The licensed copies made through 1982 are identical to the FN Hi Power. The bastardized FM90/FM95 are not.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 80 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,688
Posts18,456,480
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.