Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
They have some info with pictures up on their website.

http://www.montanarifleco.com/custom.rifles.html#ProductionRifles

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice to see the new lower price point rifles at MRC.

Also nice to see they offer them in 7WSM.

"Then join in hand, brave Americans all!.....By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall"
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I look forward to hearing more about these. I could easily see a LH in 257 Roberts in my near future.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Their salesman has been emailing me with updates about this. They will be adding more info to the site this week. I'd like to see some specifics on weight, twists (he did say they would be "standard for each caliber"), and barrel lengths - he said 24" on "most" calibers, I'm hoping short actions will be 22".

Would also like to see a pic of a sample Circassian walnut stock on the SS version.

More choices are good.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm very pleased with the looks of that rifle.

I really like the very open grip.

Hope I can get used to the safety as that type is my least favorite.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Looks similar to Kimber, priced similar too. The big question for me is how will they shoot? Are the actions on these production rifles trued and lugs lapped or is this done only on the customs?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doubt that they will be as light as the Kimbers though.

But since Kimber doesn't care to make a single LH rifle these are looking pretty good.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
MRC is great at making promises. I suggest COD for any orders.

I live right here in the Flathead, and the two companies that are absolute dipshits dumbphucks of the highest order are MRC, (Montana rifleman) and Mcgowen Precision.

I've been [bleep] by both companies more than once... Its a common opinion amongst locals here in the Flathead that you'd be better off lighting fire to a few hundred dollar bills that doing business with them.

If you're wanting a CRF cheap, buy a Ruger (thats who cast MRC actions) and have Pac-Nor rebarrel it and you'd be lots of money ahead, you'd have a rifle that shoots, AND you'd save yourself lots of frustration.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Who's the blind guy that drew that checkering pattern?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Some people may have gotten lucky and got a rifle that shoots fine. The two rifles that they made for me (second to replace the first) were horrible. The fit and finish of the second looked like a I was doing hallucigenic drugs from all the waves in the metal, and I paid extra for it. Niether shot worth a crap, fed, or held down a cartridge

Not only that but they lied to me several times. I paid to have them true and polish, they never did that. Took months to hear back from them. They must not have even test fired it as they said or else they would have known that the cartidge didn't even go into the chamber. The salesman talk a good game but I don't trust them anymore.

The action premis is nice but very poorly executed. After being treated the way I was by them I'll never touch another no matter what the price. And McGowen barrels are made by the same employees of MRC.

Buy a Winchester and you'll be way ahead. Lighter, more parts, and much better finish.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Winchester ain't making LH rifles right now.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thinking maybe I'll just stick with my Coopers. I gave up on customs after the last one that I paid a premium for and it looked, and shot, like a new apprentices project. The owner of the biz proved to be impossible to deal with; he simply refused to communicate. After a year + of hassle, I finally got it resolved through my credit card company long after I had sent the rifle back for the second time. That experience sounds just way too much like mlaing's. Hey, Cooper makes lefties too there nsagam.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by cobrad
Hey, Cooper makes lefties too there nsagam.

For over twice the price though.

Last edited by nsaqam; 01/30/11.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
True, but I feel in this case you really do get what you pay for from Cooper

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam

Buddy, some days I just feel like calling Jim Borden and providing him with the 16 numbers on my credit card.

Damn the price and Damn this waiting.

Is a fricking quality left hand stainless rifle too much to ask for? Mother Fers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by nsaqam

Buddy, some days I just feel like calling Jim Borden and providing him with the 16 numbers on my credit card.

Damn the price and Damn this waiting.

Is a fricking quality left hand stainless rifle too much to ask for? Mother Fers!

You wouldn't think so would you?

Especially with modern CNC manufacturing. Doing a mirror image just isn't that hard!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Who's the blind guy that drew that checkering pattern?

Of the two locals that I would suspect... It was probably Cahrley Cooder or a Mel Smart pattern...

Last I heard, Charley was working for Serenghetti (which is a Flathead company that WILL NOT do business with MRC or McGowen anymore)

I'm Irish...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Glacier_John
I don't know exact details and who's involved, but going from memory, I remember he moved his shop and combined with Les Bauska, a legendary barrel maker in Kalispell.

Really????

Brian also told me once that he taught Dan Lilja everything he knows....

Trust me, he's your best buddy until you have a problem. Jeffs not much better... I've watched him throw more than one tizzy at the rifle range testing "warranties"

I'm Irish...

J
J
Boy, Where to start? First let me say that this post is not inflamitory, it's merely factual.

Dan Adair, while some of the other guys (Mliang, 7x57 Steve, others) who have complained about things, have valid points because they actually purchased something from us (those complaints have actually helped us in the last few stages of our business, both in quality and Customer Service issues) you though, have NEVER done business at MRC?

You may have an opinion about my father, hey, that's your opinion, and HONESTLY it's ok if you like him or not or think he's a pompass windbag or not...whatever, that's your opinion, and we each have a right to that. You said you bought a barrel from him 15 years ago, I looked and couldn't find your name in the books anywhere....but that was a long time ago and a LOT has changed since then...and that was Montana Rifleman (Barrel Manufactuer) not Montana Rifle Company (Action and Rifle manufacturer). There are two facilities here that do different things. You have never done business with me or Montana Rifle Company.

Your comments about other people in the Flathead Valley...well I'm sure I could find many people here who don't like you too, that doens't mean your a bad person or whatever you do in life is bad? That's just the way life is, show me one person who posts here who doesn't have someone who doesn't like him? But your comments about the range and me throwing tizzies? You don't know me, and I don't know you. You coudln't pick me out of a crowd of two? And I doubt anyone who has ever been to the range where I shoot even knows who I am. As to throwing tizzies, have you ever built something that you were proud of that something went wrong on? It's not throwing a tizzy, it's being frustrated because you don't want to dissapoint your customer. If I ever get to the point where I don't care if a customer is unhappy, I need to be out of the business.

Serengeti (Kilamanjaro), Gene, Erik and the rest of them have a good relationship with us, so that's just not true. In fact Gene was just here about two weeks ago, but you stated on another post that you are good friends with him so you probably already knew that?

As to the Comment about my father and Dan Lilja....good grief. Dan and my father are VERY Good Friends, and Dan is a very personable guy, call Dan and ask him if he thinks my dad would have said that. My guess is you took it wrong or backwards or he said it backwards, whatever... My father has repeatedly told people Dan is one of the, if not the best barrel maker in the world.

If you really have this much of a problem with MRC, either stop in and explain your problem to me, I'll listen, or move on. You have been calling me several names on here (different posts)for years without knowing me, yes I can be a hothead, I won't deny that. But YOU don't know that personally? All I'm saying is stop the BS. If you want to stop in and talk, I am here. If you don't, it's ok but really, if you have ZERO experience with me and MRC why get on here and try to hurt a company trying to make it in the Flathead Valley, unless you have a monatary gain from it?

For the others who have had a bad experience with Me, my father, or MRC I give the same offer I have always given, Call me up tell me the circumstances from your point of view, I'll explain mine and let's see what can be worked out? If not I can't really do anything else about it, right?

As to the Comment about my father and Les Bauska, it's close, but they did not combine, Les taught my father how to make barrels, that's it.

Now, this thread is not going to turn into a heated argument, people have said things and I wanted to say my side, that's it. I will not post again about these things, if you want to talk the phone number is out there.

As to our new Line of Production Rifles, with each new year we are growing and trying to make a better product for our customers. The Production rifles were just the next phase of growth. We have continued to learn new manufacturing processes to make better parts, faster and more productive. And we will continue to do that in the future. I will have all the info on the rifles on our website within the next week or so, except for the DGR, as we don't have the final stocks done yet. I am having more photos taken tonight and will get them on the website asap.

Thanks All and GOD Bless!

Jeff

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Jeff, good to hear things from your side. Always two side to every story. Jeff emailed me yesterday and said the actions on the production rifles will be trued and lugs lapped. I am not aware of any other production rifles getting this. I'll look forward to the reviews to see how they shoot.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 67 invisible), 2,336 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,538
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.