Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
V
In terms or accuracy only which of these will most likely shoot the best, I have read much about the Ruger rifles in .22 Hornet not being too good in the accuracy dept. I like the Ruger's solid action and rotary mag but if the CZ will most likely shoot better I would go with it as I know CZ builds a quality rifle even though I think the magazine extending well below the stock is the definition of ugly I would try and learn to live with it....Thanks...........Hillbilly.

BP-B6

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
VA,

They are both good guns, but as a shooter from the box, the CZ is a bit better in my actual experience..

First of all,the CZ's action lockup is usually more consistent. It is a front locking lug design as opposed to a rear lug on the Ruger.

The Magazine on the CZ can be trimmed to a 3 shot that fits flush with the stock for carry.

Unlike the Ruger, the CZ mags can also have the rare filler blank altered to allow longer rounds to be, which will allow seating bullets out further for accuracy if needed.

Also the CZs 527 Americans come with free floated barrels from the factory, an most of them outshoot Ruger .77 Hornets from the box due to that fact alone. The CZs also have better polish and bluing and a single set trigger.

The only real disadvantage to the CZ 527s is the safety and that it's not American made.. Everything else is equal or a bit better than the Ruger.

Last edited by jim62; 02/01/11.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Get the Ruger, tighten the bolt and stab it. It worked for me. The CZ is just too ugly to show up with.

S
S
I have neither but vote CZ. I have Ruger's and CZ's in other guns and prefer the current productions CZ's to the current production Rugers. What will the intended use of the hornet be? I have been thinking about trading in on one for a predator gun, everything seems to call in close and gets blown up to much at close range with my other guns.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've had both, still have the CZ although didn't have any complaints with the Ruger. Did the trigger, bedded/free-floated it and shimmed the bolt more because I wanted and not that mine really needed it.

CZ mag sticking out is ugly and I'd like to mount my scope closer. Both are mods that can be done, just don't feel like throwing more money at it for cosmetic reasons.

Life is just one damned thing after another
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Between the two the CZ will probably be more accurate....That being said I can't get past the "extended" mag on the CZ......Ruger definately wins this category.

All that being said, these days I choose not to punish myself with anything Hornet when Fireball brass is so readily available..........

X-VERMINATOR

Sooner or later our heritage of hunting is going to be a rich mans sport and the words "Outfitter" and "Hunt Industry" will be synonymous with cancer and A.I.D.S. among blue collar hunters like me and my family! (A.L. Williams - 2010)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I cannot stomach the bass ackeards safety on the small actioned CZ's. Other than that I really like their products. (see avatar to left)

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
V
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by singleshothunter
I have neither but vote CZ. I have Ruger's and CZ's in other guns and prefer the current productions CZ's to the current production Rugers. What will the intended use of the hornet be? I have been thinking about trading in on one for a predator gun, everything seems to call in close and gets blown up to much at close range with my other guns.
I will use this rifle for Fall turkey hunting in big timber, the hunts will involve miles of walking so I would prefer a light bolt action rifle, these two seemed the obvious choices here, not a lot of options out there if your in the .22 Hornet market................Hillbilly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Without a magazine dropping down below the reciever, the Model 77/22H will carry much easier. Another reason to go with the Ruger, among several.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
http://www.rvbprecision.com/shooting/cz-527-rifle-magazine-conversion.html

Scratch that, looks like they don't do Hornets anymore. Think I've scene someone else offer the same conversion though?

Last edited by cal74; 02/02/11.

Life is just one damned thing after another
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
476 members (10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 44 invisible), 2,187 guests, and 1,004 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.