-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
�unless you want little pieces to fall out all over the place!

Got a new Buckmark Standard UDX model yesterday since I�ve never owned one and figured that was a good enough excuse to get one.

It has a magazine/trigger disconnect and, fearing this may be my only weapon available during Zombie times, went to remove it. Hmmm, no takedown instructions at all in the owner�s manual. Not good.

Figured WTH, remove two screws, take off the grips and see what�s under there. What is under there is a loose slide lock release, mag release button spring and mag button that all fall out on the floor when the grips come off. Oh, yeah, and a chintzy looking little wire rod that disables the trigger when the magazine is removed.

The wire disconnect comes out easily, the mag button and spring more or less go back in okay,but getting the grips on while keeping that slide lock release in place definitely requires that you hold your tongue in just the right place and say just the proper combination of cuss words.

But it does go back together. Now to wait for the weekend and see how it shoots. grin

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
GB1

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
...requires that you hold your tongue in just the right place and say just the proper combination of cuss words.

It was a brutally hot summer day outside the church and the priest couldn't get his lawnmower started. A passerby offered some advice, "Father, my lawnmower only starts after I curse at it."

"I've been a priest so long I've forgotten how to curse," he replied.

"Well," replied the passerby, "keep pulling that [bleep] rope and it'll come back to you."

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
wife's Buckmark had an issue where the slide was very hard to pull. I took it apart and am fairly sure some tiny piece fell out and into the only slit of an area of ground I neglected to cover. I discovered the issue (not the missing part) was that little tiny hard rubber piece on the slide spring unit. Turned it upside down and reassembled and problem fixed. No more jams and it slides like it should. Can't help but think though that the gun is now a fraction of a grain lighter.....so I call it her carry piece!

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I really wasn't impressed with the design.

Instead of pinned in parts it literally relies on a hard rubber grip to hold everything in place. It has a somewhat Rube Goldberg look about it with bent sheet metal and paper clip looking springs to make all the levers and gadgets work.

However, the proof will be in the shooting and functioning. This is why I spend the bucks on stuff like this, to see first hand just what all the hubbub is about.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
If you take the grips off a Sig (P226, P228, P229, P220, etc., you will see the same thing. It looks a bit Rube Goldberg when you first see it, but it works.

Last edited by wildhobbybobby; 02/08/11.

Life is like a purple antelope on a field of tuna fish...
IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My wife's 7" fluted target model is a tack driver!

A little ammo picky, ( it works best with CCI Blazers)
And if anything , the trigger is too light for me ( or I need to shoot it more )
But she has several perfect targets with it . After never picking up a gun. Any gun. Until 18 months ago!

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
I really wasn't impressed with the design.
It has a somewhat Rube Goldberg look about it with bent sheet metal and paper clip looking springs to make all the levers and gadgets work.
laugh laugh

I've said that about most Brownings for years.. Never do a job simply with 1-2 parts when 6 or more parts will git-r-done too..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Jim in Idaho: Thank you very much for the heads-up on the BuckMark situation!
I would most certainly have had the same situation befall me that you endured.
I hate things like that.
My heavy barreled electro-less nickel plated BuckMark will not be having its grips removed by me!
And my BuckMark is a joy to shoot - and its rather accurate for a pistol with a 4 1/2" barrel.
I'll just shoot it, admire it and clean it carefully without removing the grips!
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (257robertsimp, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 13 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 765 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,237
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.