Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
POC Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Does one generally have much better prices? I'm looking for CCI .22 ammo for an appleseed shoot.

If anything I state appears to be medical advice, I am not a doctor; be sure to contact your family physician before making any changes in your medical regimine.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Walmart is cheaper in my area.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have never found a bargain at Dick's

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I used to buy a TON of ammo from Dicks but anymore they're very shady. They mark their ammo WAY up and then do "buy one get one 50% off" sales to get people into the store......I guess they think all shooters/hunters are too stupid to figure out that little trick!!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Walmart.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
"Dicks" pretty much sums them up... wink

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
POC Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ok thanks guys. Walmart is local, Dicks is an hour away, but my wife is going near there today. Trying to figure out if I should send her with instructions on what to buy. I guess I'll just buy local.
Thanks.

If anything I state appears to be medical advice, I am not a doctor; be sure to contact your family physician before making any changes in your medical regimine.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by POC
Ok thanks guys. Walmart is local, Dicks is an hour away, but my wife is going near there today. Trying to figure out if I should send her with instructions on what to buy. I guess I'll just buy local.
Thanks.
Oh gosh, no comparison if Walmart is local. Dick's, Academy...even BPS and Cabela's just ain't going to beat Walmart's everyday price. Maybe once in awhile with their sale prices, but just walking in cold to get ammo, Walmart is very hard to beat. Where Walmart loses out is in caliber or some esoteric type ammo that isn't well-known. They should have CCI .22's though. That's one of their brands.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What hurts Wally World here is the fact that they won't stock enough variety in the calibers they carry. One bullet wt or bullet design. No rhyme or reason to it either, cause it's cheap stuff in some calibers and premium stuff in others. Almost like they get what didn't sell at other locations.

Time has come for the U.S. to be proactive instead of reactive to those who would kill us !!
POC Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I bought a 50 of Thunderbolt 50 of CCI Stingers and 100 of CCI mini-mag.
Hope to get out and "pattern" the gun tomorrow. New gun, new scope, Appleseed shoot this weekend.

I know what you guys are talking about with the seemingly "scatter" of ammo carried. Also, the local one doesn't carry any HP, except .22 that I've seen.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I went to both of them yesterday, Dick's had no bulk 22 ammo. Walmart had 10 boxes each of Federal, Remington and Winchester. Dick's had a bunch of centerfire stuff but most of it was at least 10% higher than Walmart. Neither one of them had 7mm-08 or .35 Rem. frown

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Neither one of them had 7mm-08 or .35 Rem. frown

Those calibers are a little less "in demand" so they will not stock them. If you had .308 and 30-30, loaded ammo would be easier to find.

Time to take up reloading.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Why don't you order some online? www.ammunitiontogo.com has good pricing and usually has a good selection of .22LR in stock.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Walmart definitely. Only once have I seen a sale on ammo @ Dicks and it was worth it then, but ....

If you buy at a small town Walmart vs. bigger city Walmart, they will usually be even less. Here where I live a box of 30-30's corelok run $13 - $14 where I hunt they are $11-12.... just sayin.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

151 members (5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 24 invisible), 1,911 guests, and 1,010 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,499
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.