Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
wilba Offline OP
OP Offline
W
ive recently brought an x bolt in 22250 and was wondering if anyone knew any way of adjusting the trigger below the minimum factory standard of 3 pounds, ive heard there is a spring that can be replaced? can anyone advise me on this subject. if there is such a spring it would need to be availible over the net as i live in the uk.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ernie the gunsmith sells lighter springs that can reduce the pull to 1.5 lbs. Below is the link:

Browning XBolt Trigger Spring.

W
wilba Offline OP
OP Offline
W
hi johnmoses thanks for the help,been looking for months for a spring kit almost given up hope and was going to sell the rifle!only problem i have now is ernie the gunsmith doesn't despacth goods to the uk frown any suggestions as to what my options are in getting hold of one??????

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I think a very small grin spring could be put in an international envelope and mailed out ...Just saying

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's the only guy I know of. A smith could cut part of a coil off your factory spring to lighten the pull.

JM

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I think the factory trigger is great as is, but would love to try one that has the spring.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can replace the spring ONLY if you can get the glue in the trigger to break loose. Browning doesn't want you messing with their triggers. You will strip the head of the screw off long before it breaks loose in my experience....and Browning won't fix it, because "It has been tampered with." Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
K
K
The trigger mechanism is the single most important part of any hunting rifle. A good trigger breaks like a glass rod with moderate pressure, minimum over travel and is a joy to use. The trigger is more important to practical accuracy (how accurately a rifle performs in the field) than any other aspect of the rifle. A poor trigger encourages flinching, "flyers" and results in wounded animals.

The trigger mechanisms supplied in commercial bolt action hunting rifles (not recycled military arms) from the 1920's until the late 20th Century were traditionally single stage and user adjustable for weight of pull (and sometimes sear engagement and overtravel as well). The trigger mechanisms supplied in Browning, commercial Mauser Model 98, Remington Model 700, Weatherby Mark V and Vanguard, Winchester Model 70 and the original Ruger Model 77 rifles were all of this type and exemplify the breed. These were all very good triggers right out of the box and could be fine-tuned as the shooter's preferences dictated. I have owned and used all of these rifles and their triggers could be easily user adjusted for a clean three pound release, which is my personal preference in a big game hunting rifle.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Flinch
You can replace the spring ONLY if you can get the glue in the trigger to break loose. Browning doesn't want you messing with their triggers. You will strip the head of the screw off long before it breaks loose in my experience....and Browning won't fix it, because "It has been tampered with." Flinch

I've seen that problem on some A-Bolts. BIL stripped his. You won't run into that on an X-Bolt, set up different. You have to remove the barreled action to get to it and there is no concrete to deal with.

Jm

W
wilba Offline OP
OP Offline
W
thanks to all who have replyed,i think im making some progress ernie has put me on to someone in australia who can send me a spring.A 3lb trigger is fine when shooting big game but when it comes to shooting english foxes at long ranges its no good at all,the foxes can be very small targets when looking straight at you and its easy to pull off with a heavy trigger set up.My rifle is the xbolt stainless stalker in 22-250 rem im guessing it has the same trigger as the hunter and the springs will fit?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They will fit.

W
wilba Offline OP
OP Offline
W
cool i'll get it ordered! many thanks

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 21, 12344mag, 1234, 17CalFan, 52 invisible), 3,361 guests, and 1,117 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,296
Posts18,468,010
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.