Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Here's one from that late 80's or early 90's. As were most if not all synthetics from those yrs it required a good bit of work. My mid 80's Brown Precision was the same way. The owner was only interested in having it finished to the point of basic function. All that being said it is a very rigid and stable stock. Absolutely no problems at all with it. And NO I'm not cutting it to look for the elusive popsicle sticks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now if it was mine I'd be shortening the forend a bit. Ya listening Rich?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The MPI I had was back in the mid 90's and haven't tried one since. The only thing you need to post pictures is a digital camera with a USB cord to load on your PC. Sign up for free to Photobucket and begin posting.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I've posted pics with Photobucket in the past. With my new computer, I need to select a program that will work with it. E

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Not what I've found at all, Big Stick.
Mine were purchased semi inletted and fitted by my local gun maker. The stocks weighed 18 ozs. or a fraction more ready to bolt up. Neither mine or any other he installed, and we are talking several dozen here, have any significant problems. Only one had a surface crack which was easily repaired.
Here is the best part. It took a grand total of seven weeks from the time I placed the order until the new stock was on the rifle and shooting. Total cost to me was over $100 less than an McMillian Edge, and they are available for almost everything unlike the 24 oz. Edge. They don't reguire pillars as their webbing area is plenty strong. E

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eremicus, with a new computer, they usually have sometype of basic editing software installed. If you have a digital camera and a connecting cord (or better yet a card reader) the editing program will start up as soon as you plug them in. Don't know what system your running and this stuff usually is pretty easy to figure out as I'm not a computer wiz myself either.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Not what I've found at all, Big Stick.
Mine were purchased semi inletted and fitted by my local gun maker. The stocks weighed 18 ozs. or a fraction more ready to bolt up. Neither mine or any other he installed, and we are talking several dozen here, have any significant problems. Only one had a surface crack which was easily repaired.
Here is the best part. It took a grand total of seven weeks from the time I placed the order until the new stock was on the rifle and shooting. Total cost to me was over $100 less than an McMillian Edge, and they are available for almost everything unlike the 24 oz. Edge. They don't reguire pillars as their webbing area is plenty strong. E

I've seen "free" be VERY expensive. If MPI rated a thunk,I'd simply drive them.

They are utter dogschit,in all regards,thus the ease in kicking them aside,in order to get to something good.

I'll happily wait upon the best..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just so you know, the Edge fill is available in any of McMillan's stock pattern.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Sounds like we're talking about Cadillacs, Chevy's and Yugo's. McM, definitely a Caddy, B&C prob. a Chevy and well, guess who gets to drive the Yugo...? From the photos earlier on this post, think I'd rather take my chances driving a Yugo. And, I like to do bedding, have even stooped to Bondo on occasions. But if those pictures are an accurate representation of an MPI, then I agree with Stick's assessment. Guess I'm fortunate to have never tackled one.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E is still trying to find the eye box in his scope in order to see the detailed dog [bleep] in an MPI stock. And yes E, before you ask me how many McMillans I have...well, quite a few. Still amazes me how ignorant someone can be after spending so much time on this forum over the course of many years. There is a wealth of knowledge to be partaken of here, people that have been there done that. You can lead a horse to water...... Flinch

Flinch Outdoor Gear broadhead extractor. The best device for pulling your head out.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just so you know, the Edge fill is available in any of McMillan's stock pattern.

I don't think it is available for a Ruger 77.

Everything you now do is something you have chosen to do. Some people don't want to believe that. But if you're over age twenty-one, your life is what you're making of it. To change your life, you need to change your priorities.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
If the pix posted was from a rifle done by MPI, I would be surprised. There are alot of folks out there who claim to know how to properly bed a stock, but don't have a clue and then blame it on the stock. Sure, it's easy to drop your Remmy into a production run stock just like thousands of others, but then is it really custom? I'm not going to call your rifle or production stock "schitty" or say it's not worthy. I'm just not getting the discontent for MPI. You just have to get someone who knows what they're doing to do it properly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Folks who know,simply know MPI to be dog schit...because they quite simply are.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by like2shoot

I don't think it is available for a Ruger 77.

Thank God MPI has them covered then. They're made for each other

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
They must be if you say so Mr Big Stick! I feel enlightened....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Taking notes,will certainly speed you along.

Thank me again,later.............

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I know you can't necessarily tell the quality of a product based on the place its being built, but if anyone is ever in Portland, you might get a kick out of driving by their "factory". Place looks like an abandoned crackhouse.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Someone just got "enlightened-er" and is furiously scribblin' notes..................(grin)

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
I scribbled my notes a long time ago. Thats why I have all my sub-moa rifles stocked with MPI's. True 1:1 custom fit. Just sayin...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Someone awoke from her nap,a leetle cranky.

If I schit into a ZipLoc,it's "custom fit" too. How much do you want?.................

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
I can see how you have racked up 33361 posts with all the bs and schmart arsed posts. Must be pretty boring up in Alaska!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (007FJ, 1eyedmule, 160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,568
Posts18,453,832
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.