Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Writer
More important than where your tires were made, is WHEN they were made. Due to changes in the compounding of the tire tread and carcass, most tires, regardless of tread depth, have a maximum useful life of about five years. Always check the manufactures date on the tire, and if the tire is "new old stock" refuse it and insist on tires less that one year old.
You actually run tires more than five years?

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Country of origin usually is way down on my list of priorities in buying decisions. I look first at quality and by this I mean quality for the purpose. For instance yesterday I bought an asparagus steamer for twenty bucks. It was ChiCom but I could care less. It will do the job. Why should I spend time and more money to seek out the overpriced US version? I doubt if any are made in the States.

For my birthday (in addition to a nice getaway) The Wife bought me three shirts, all Chicom and all of exceptional quality. Some time ago I bought a Rockmont Western shirt made in the USA. Again exceptional quality but at $85.00 more than the cost of the three ChiCom shirts. Worth it? I dunno but I liked it so I bought it. Big deal.

To me it is a waste of time and money to insist on buying American when foreign made products are as good or better and readily available at less cost.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Country of origin usually is way down on my list of priorities in buying decisions. I look first at quality and by this I mean quality for the purpose. For instance yesterday I bought an asparagus steamer for twenty bucks. It was ChiCom but I could care less. It will do the job. Why should I spend time and more money to seek out the overpriced US version? I doubt if any are made in the States.

For my birthday (in addition to a nice getaway) The Wife bought me three shirts, all Chicom and all of exceptional quality. Some time ago I bought a Rockmont Western shirt made in the USA. Again exceptional quality but at $85.00 more than the cost of the three ChiCom shirts. Worth it? I dunno but I liked it so I bought it. Big deal.

To me it is a waste of time and money to insist on buying American when foreign made products are as good or better and readily available at less cost.
You'd sell out your own mother.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Buying American excludes buying from GM and Chrysler. Those are owned by foreign progressive fascist unions.

[Linked Image from ]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Buy what you want when you want from whom you want. There are more important things to get your panties in a wad about.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
IC B2

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (10gaugemag, 35sambar, 358WCF, 673, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 15 invisible), 1,591 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,656
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.