-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
no you want to beotch and moan and have someone else deal with him......man up and beat the [bleep] to a pulp or convince his arse he needs to protest up here and we will do it for you.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by burner
Have read that thread, still disagree. In America, we have the right to disagree.

=================

You read it,huh? What then caused you to fire up the debate again today?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
So I can walk down the street now screaming racial obscenities at black people? Long as I'm in a public place?

Or maybe I can stand outside a synagogue with a sign that says "Oven Dodgers?"

Snyder's lawyers f***ed up by not making this about hate speech. He should have used the liberal tactics to his advantage.

Imagine how this would have turned out if Snyder was black? I picture an entirely different verdict.

Fighting words, and hate speech are legal terms. If you're going to try to use them in conversation, you might want to figure them out.

Your comprehension of the situation, and of the First Amendment protections is rather much off-base.

Perhaps a simple SEARCH for "westboro" will show you the threads where this was already discussed before.

In fact....

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4999881

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4999605

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/4999443

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

This is a disturbing precedent that's not entirely unexpected because it again shows that our gov.org believes that the rights of the many outweigh the rights of the few.

Funny how liberal this place gets over some things, and not others.

you have manged to draw the exact opposite conclusion from what the case holds. the case protects the right of an extremely unpopular few against the wishes of the vast majority of the country.

which is exactly why the first amendment is there in the first place. popular speech doesn't need protection.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think rattler has the answer - I can say without a doubt that local law enforcement would laugh at them if they tried to report having all of their azzes severely beaten during a protest in this area. I'm thinking the solution lies not in the courts, but in enticing them to protest in an area that will not tolerate them. Similar to the example of yelling racial slurs in the hood - Nobody in their right mind would do it twice.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

This is a disturbing precedent that's not entirely unexpected because it again shows that our gov.org believes that the rights of the many outweigh the rights of the few.

Funny how liberal this place gets over some things, and not others.

you have manged to draw the exact opposite conclusion from what the case holds. the case protects the right of an extremely unpopular few against the wishes of the vast majority of the country.

which is exactly why the first amendment is there in the first place. popular speech doesn't need protection.

exactly, SC made the right ruling.......however i dislike the preacher enough to put his arse in traction.....aint gonna take but one or two beatings and he aint gonna be protesting no more cause i guarantee you he isnt solid enough in his beliefs to regularly take a beating over them.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
A totally disfunctional family of 7-8 individuals. Not a church, not Baptist and not christian. Do not practice Biblical Christian values.

You came to the party and it's over dude.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
nope

sir you are the one exercising liberal thought process in this matter

freedom means just that, free to speak your mind no matter how distasteful it is to a few or many

hate speech or hate crimes are offspring of liberal thought and serve an agenda, not freedom

use the opposite of hate crime to see the fallacy of such

what? you love someone of the same race or sexual identity if you assault or kill them?

ludicrous to the extreme

another product of politicians pandering for votes via feel good legislation

liberalism of the highest order

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Westboro can protest all they want , let a kid in school draw a picture of a gun.....

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Westboro can protest all they want , let a kid in school draw a picture of a gun.....

Mike

never had that problem locally......course whole lot of teachers and administrators here hunt and fish.....

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
WBC needs a little of what I got.

Trump Won!
dh1 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would like to think that anything that happens to the WBC in Perry County would be handled in Perry County. That said, a jury of peers from Perry would set things right.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (1234, 12344mag, 163bc, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,219 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,732
Posts18,457,509
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.