Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Thanks John Burns for this cool video. I was on youtube today and saw it for the first time. I greatly enjoy long range shooting and hunting. My furthest shots were made this year, the longest being 749 yards on a Marmot. Next year I'll be looking to break 800, then see just how far I can take it. The small handful of guys I've known that have learned to shoot the way you depict on your video very rarely missed a shot on game. They really knew how to shoot, and when not to. A long shot is not a guess if you know what you are doing. When I was in the outfitting business my clients that were long range shooters were mostly military or law enforcement, or had received such training. Every so often there would be one like me, and a few friends, who just liked to shoot and took the time to read and learn and practice. I think the usual ration of crap on these threads about how unethical this kind of marksmanship is usually comes from guys who have no clue as to what their rifles can really do. Good Work John Burns.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I am proud to see you here. I am looking forward to your input. Free advice from people like yourself is invaluable.

Still waiting for the free advice. All I have seen is a bunch of "advertising" and bragging. And have also noticed quite a bit of "degrading" what others like because it wasn't done his way. Reminds me muchly of another member that from time to time finds his way back here.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized

Still waiting for the free advice.
With your attitude, you will be waiting a long time.

All I have seen is a bunch of "advertising" and bragging.

FIRST, he IS a paid advertiser here, so that would EXPLAIN the "advertising" don't you think?

As to "bragging"- like Babe Ruth once said- it is NOT bragging if you can do it..
Where are videos of any shots made with rifles YOU have built?

And have also noticed quite a bit of "degrading" what others like because it wasn't done his way.
To the contrary, if you woud READ most of his posts here they are in response to folks critisizing every aspect of his builds/products. I think he has been pretty darn polite considering the snide crap he has had to put up with. And some of what he says is in jest anyway....

Reminds me muchly of another member that from time to time finds his way back here.
Looking in the mirror when you wrote that line?

Last edited by jim62; 11/03/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
280Ackleyrized,

Dude, you have a logo for Nosler in your avatar and you complain about me advertising??

Every post you make is an ad for �The Accubond Society� NUF SAID

You have to admit that is pretty darn funny right there no matter who you are. laugh laugh

As to the free advice here you go:

Don�t fry bacon in the nude. wink

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thank you Mr. burns. I will now retract the part of my former post about no free advice. grin

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
John,

I've been messing with the Stoney Point bipod for the last year or so. Neat bipod; I'm not crazy about the finicky little "pod" that mounts to the sling swivel, though once mounted it seems solid.

Anyway I love how light and trim it is BUT I've broken two of them at the rubber "head" where the legs come together. Have you seen any durability or breakage issues with them?

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Jeff,

There has been an issue with the rubber used after Bushnell moved production to China.

My understanding is the problem has been fixed and they will replace any that split.

I really like the design but would stress test any before you depend on them in the field.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ah, that makes sense! I had heard that they'd replace them but hadn't heard about the China angle. I was wondering how such a slick product could have such a fundamental design flaw.

The store I bought mine at just swapped them. Likely, the one I have now is from the same lot. I've been careful not to smush the legs too wide, but that's a bummer because that's a nice feature...

How wide will you splay yours out? This wide?

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jim62

As to "bragging"- like Babe Ruth once said- it is NOT bragging if you can do it..

I believe that it was Dizzy Dean that said "it ain't bragging if you can dot it"

Not Babe Ruth

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by jim62

I believe that it was Dizzy Dean that said "it ain't bragging if you can dot it"

Not Babe Ruth

I have heard it attributed to both men, as well as American poet Walt Whitman- who predated both men.

Either way, someone said it- and it's true. wink

Last edited by jim62; 11/12/10.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
well i say it aint bragging if you can back it up

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
mr. burns why are your caliber selections so few on your builds

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Maconcountyboy,

We choose to specialize in the rounds we have found to work the best. We sell a lot of scopes to guys that have different opinions and want the ability to dial the range directly with the caliber of their choice.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The .338 mags would be a great offering,along with a few 300 mags.They bring alot of performance to the Long range game.

1 and done
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by highridge1
The .338 mags would be a great offering,along with a few 300 mags.They bring alot of performance to the Long range game.

No, they bring a lot or RECOIL and WEIGHT (that you don't need) to the game.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
What happened to the Van Zwol elk hunt video?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It was posted over in the Gunwriter forum. I bumped it.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeh if you can't handle it Take a Knee. I have shot excellent groups at 1000 yards with 338 mags,yeh guess they won't work...Also deliver 2000 ft lbs + energy at 1000 yards.. The 7mm rem is way behind the performance level of the 338 mags..

Last edited by highridge1; 12/17/10.

1 and done
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by highridge1
Yeh if you can't handle it Take a Knee. I have shot excellent groups at 1000 yards with 338 mags,yeh guess they won't work...Also deliver 2000 ft lbs + energy at 1000 yards.. The 7mm rem is way behind the performance level of the 338 mags..

I had a chance to ring steel with a 338 Lapua in 1987. I'll stick with a fast seven. Your 338 "sucks and blows" compared to a Chey-Tac. Sometimes less is more.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
John Burns,

Thank you for the great videos. And thank you for showing the world what some hunters can achieve. Keep up the good work.

Patriot

"Then join in hand, brave Americans all!.....By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall"
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (44automag, 338reddog, 4xbear, 673, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 16 invisible), 1,679 guests, and 964 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,187
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.