Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Oh, and Idaho/Eastern Oregon has no gang problem.

At least that is what some keep telling us.

Well then, how about a Mafia composed of Mexicans?

from the Idaho Statesman-Boise

BOISE, Idaho � Authorities say they have secured state and federal indictments against 30 members of a street gang active in narcotics trafficking and other crimes in southwestern Idaho and eastern Oregon.

The indictments unsealed in Boise Tuesday by state and federal prosecutors target members of the so-called "Brown Magic Clica," a Mexican-American street gang with roots in California.

Charges in the indictments range from murder in aid of racketeering, conspiracy to distribute controlled substances, illegal possession of firearms and recruitment of gang members.

U.S. Attorney Wendy Olson says the indictments are the work of an exhaustive investigation spanning three years and a variety of local, state and federal agencies into the gang's activities.

The federal indictments involve 13 of the defendants living in Boise and Cottonwood, and in the Oregon cities of Pendleton, Ontario, Umatilla and Nyssa.

HEADLINE:Thirty suspected gang members in Idaho, Oregon indicted on a range of charges
- Idaho Statesman
Published: 03/15/11

Thirty people who are suspected of being members of the Brown Magic Clica street gang were indicted in state and federal courts last week, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office in Boise.

The indictments were the result of a three-year investigation by the Treasure Valley Metro Violent Crime Task Force.

Eleven people were indicted for conspiracy to participate in a racketeering enterprise, murder in aid of racketeering, attempted murder in aid of racketeering, assault with a deadly weapon in aid of racketeering, conspiracy to distribute controlled substances, distribution of methamphetamine, distribution of Oxycodone and unlawful possession of a fire arm.

The defendants named in the federal indictments are:

Salvador Apodaca, 24, Pendleton, Ore.; Amando Torres, 27, Pendleton, Ore.; Alfredo Castro, 35, Boise; Adam Gomez, 23, Boise; Adelaido Gomez, 26, Boise; Juan Jimenez, 27, Boise; Oscar Garcia, 24, Umatilla, Ore.; Juan Gonzalez, 26, Cottonwood; Mathew Grover, 22, Cottonwood; Samson Torres 23, Ontario, Ore; and Jesse Rodriguez, 26, Nyssa, Ore.

Two other federal indictments were for: Ruben Nungaray, 30, Boise, charged with unlawful possession of a firearm; and Crista Lara, 23, Ontario, Ore., charged with conspiring to distribute methamphetamine.

The charges they face carry these penalties:

- conspiracy to participate in a racketeering enterprise: up to 20 years in prison, up to $25,000 fine, and up to 5 years supervised release

- murder in aid or racketeering: up to life in prison; up to $250,000 fine, and five years of supervised release

- attempted murder in aid of racketeering: up to 10 years in prison, $250,000 fine, and three years supervised release

- assault with a deadly weapon in aid of racketeering: up to 20 years in prison, up to $250,000 fine, up to three years of supervised release

- conspiracy to distribute a controlled substance and distribution of a controlled substance: minimum 5 years in prison, up to 40 years in prison; a fine of up to $2 million; and not less than four years supervised release.

- unlawful possession of a firearm: up to 10 years in prison, a fine of up to $250,000 and up to three years supervised release.

Eighteen people were indicted by a state grand jury in Canyon County on March 9 on charges of recruiting gang members. If convicted, they face a maximum of 10 years in jail and a fine of up to $25,000.

The defendants named in the state indictments are: Hector Almarez, 30, Boise; Adelaido Gomez, 26, Boise; Luis Nungaray, 24, Boise; Isaac Villareal, 25, Boise; Michael Carrasco, 28, Nyssa, Ore.; Jose Jimenez, 27, Nyssa, Ore.; Martin Navarro, 28, Nyssa, Ore.; Cesar Salinas, 28, Nyssa, Ore.; Ulises Cisneros, 25, Meridian; Paul Espinoza, 20, Ontario, Ore.; Nicholas Gomez, 19, Ontario, Ore.; Ricardo Martinez, 24, Ontario, Ore.; David Peraes, 20, Ontario, Ore.; Miguel Gallegos, 26, Vale, Ore.; Javier Gomez, 26, Vale, Ore.; Juan Esteban Gonzalez, 24, Nampa; Jonathan Lopez Villa, 25, Caldwell; Gonzalo Garcia-Torres, 26, address unknown.

One person -- Adelaido Gomez of Boise -- was listed in both the federal and state indictments.

We saw a lot of LEO activity in town yesterday when we went to work. We found out later that arrest warrants were being served on these indictments by FBI, US Marshals, ISP, OSP, city police, and county Sheriff's deputies.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No prairie dogs either.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's NOTHING we can do about any of this,.....

Abandon hope,......while you still have time . crazy

Jeez,....THAT's some weird philosophizing,...

WTF did I come up with THAT ? whistle

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No Mexican Mafia? "La Eme" is kaput? What about the Texas Syndicate? I'll have to ask my students.

Anyhoo... doesn't matter what they call themselves, as long as enough kids are getting out of their teenage years with an arrest record and no job skills, there'll never be a shortage of recruits. See it all tbe time.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Caldwell-Ontario area has been a gang hangout for a long time. I'm surprised it took them that long to put it all together. At least 1 small town in the area passed an ordinance a few years ago requiring every household to have a gun. It's not enforceable and I don't think there's a penalty for non-compliance, but it makes people think.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
No Mexican Mafia? "La Eme" is kaput? What about the Texas Syndicate? I'll have to ask my students.

Anyhoo... doesn't matter what they call themselves, as long as enough kids are getting out of their teenage years with an arrest record and no job skills, there'll never be a shortage of recruits. See it all tbe time.

Birdwatcher

so true.......and its the parents fault, guess crime is not gonna stop anytime soon huh?
your a better person than me mike, (of course you know that) I cannot see why you do what you do. cept of course that is just the way you are. Miss ya.
R

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Those that are convicted won't see the light of day for a long time, if recent sentences are any indicator. Least not from what we have read in the Nampa/Caldwell Press Enterprise, our delivered paper.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
A couple of the names mentioned have a prior conviction for shooting up a local city Policeman's house. I think they went away (I think) for two years that time. I would expect at least ten times that this time, at least for that pair.

This bunch is responsible for a LOT of the meth on local streets. Perhaps we will see a small decrease in availability of that poison.

A bunch of these guys are looking at serious long term confinement. Perhaps with that hanging over their heads, our law dogs can induce them to talk a bit. And perhaps we will see another big bunch rounded up and locked away.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
The Caldwell-Ontario area has been a gang hangout for a long time. I'm surprised it took them that long to put it all together. At least 1 small town in the area passed an ordinance a few years ago requiring every household to have a gun. It's not enforceable and I don't think there's a penalty for non-compliance, but it makes people think.

Rock Chuck,

When and which town on the gun ownership deal? I have not heard of that happening in this locality.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Greenleaf. I said it's a 'small' town. grin
It's possible that they dropped it but I remember when they enacted it. It was a direct response to the growing gang problem.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
There is a lesson here to give these people

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Greenleaf. I said it's a 'small' town. grin
It's possible that they dropped it but I remember when they enacted it. It was a direct response to the growing gang problem.

Oh...heck yes.

I do remember now. My much younger brother lived there at that time. His wife was much troubled by that ordinance, as she is greatly afraid of guns.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ironic thing is, most of the gang members would be in compliance of that law.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
how many were illeagal?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 700LH
Those that are convicted won't see the light of day for a long time, if recent sentences are any indicator. Least not from what we have read in the Nampa/Caldwell Press Enterprise, our delivered paper.

I once arrested a kid for a $30,000 burglary. Seems he was on probation for killing a fifteen year old earlier that year. The Judge/DA/Public Defender agreed to adding a year to his probation.

Since then I don't race blindly around corners. There is really no consequences to the institutionalized criminals and their protoge's.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The Mafia is Italian; I wonder what the Spanish name for a gang of thugs is?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mara

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good, rural & smalltown crime is one of the fastest growing.

The illegals have been able to supply the drugs that the residents in these areas desire, such as Meth. & Oxy. The gangs wouldn't be there, if the drug demand wasn't there.

The gangs aren't just selling to the lower social & economic folks. The middle class & upper middle class & wealthy are buying the drugs too. Good job by local LE, it's very time consuming & difficult doing counter drug operations in small rural areas.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

113 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 35, 338rcm, 7x57Hunter, 15 invisible), 1,000 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,504
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.