Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by rost495
Hey Bricktop

I keep answering your posts. Those are the ones that are long and drawn out and using foul language.

I've apologized. But seems to me you'd get it by now, if you keep after it, I"ll simply continue to answer your posts.

Pretty easy way to shut it down.

I believe you must have a lot in common with Maser.

Jeff
Quit dodging the questions.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF YOUR CONTINUED ANTI-RUGER RANTS? WHAT IS IT YOU'RE HOPING TO ACCOMPLISH?

Is there ANY particular reason you couldn't have just discussed the various technical merits of the No. 1 or the appreciation of No. 1 aesthetics without launching into some horseshit rant of a perceived slight by a dead man?

Who is dragging this on? When you say continued, I take it to mean on this thread, and right now. I have not said anything negative since the original 18 words and then an answer to a question that evidently I should not have answered.

I can say its sure been entertaining so far though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Matter of fact, I have not purchased a smith since that happened. Though, like ruger, its all water under the bridge.
Is that so? This little piece of "brilliance" would suggest it's anything but water under the bridge with your dumb ass:
Pisses me off everytime I see a ruger somewhere. Or think about em.

<SNIP>

I am sorry for the thread digression... I can't help myself with him.

What ruger said and did is water under the bridge, I didn't say I had gotten over it yet.
Thats the problem with keyboard commandos. They can't see emotion or have a face to face, since its typed words and so they think that their interpretation is the way it was meant. This is a prime example.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Going back to OT.

That wood on your 22-250 is just really nice on the buttstock.

I always wondered why many of the #1s ended up with such nice wood for a production gun.
Then you move onto the 77, and I've rarely seen a figured piece of wood on one of those.
I appreciate that move as it only makes the #1 a better looking gun. But it never really was reflected in the pricing of them. At least not in my take.

There is a guy in our town that will die with every gun he ever bought. He is far ahead of me and by now my honest guess is that he is just barely into 4 digits of guns.

He has this #1 in 375 H& H I've tried every which way to buy. It SHOOTS, and its got a great piece of wood on it. Its a shame but maybe when he dies I'll be able to get it. The worst part of it is, he never takes any of his guns out and shoots em.

I'm envious of your #1 collection there, don't care for the full stocked versions even on bolt guns, but to each their own on that.

On a last side note, I simply never have been much for wood and blue on bolt guns. Bolt guns were always to be all weather tools that simply worked, but beauty was not a goal or requirement. The #1 is an exception there and if ever finish upgrading my bolts and finish my last list of AR type firearms/uppers, I may well have to go on a used #1 run for grins. That gun simply looks right to me. Of course you'd have to excuse me because I have weird caliber desires... that 375 HH, 22 hornet(or is that only in a 3?) 7x57 are a couple of em.

Maybe that'll be your talk from me tonight OT.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Bricktop

I keep answering your posts. Those are the ones that are long and drawn out and using foul language.

I've apologized. But seems to me you'd get it by now, if you keep after it, I"ll simply continue to answer your posts.

Pretty easy way to shut it down.

I believe you must have a lot in common with Maser.

Jeff
Quit dodging the questions.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF YOUR CONTINUED ANTI-RUGER RANTS? WHAT IS IT YOU'RE HOPING TO ACCOMPLISH?

Is there ANY particular reason you couldn't have just discussed the various technical merits of the No. 1 or the appreciation of No. 1 aesthetics without launching into some horseshit rant of a perceived slight by a dead man?
Who is dragging this on? When you say continued, I take it to mean on this thread, and right now. I have not said anything negative since the original 18 words and then an answer to a question that evidently I should not have answered.

I can say its sure been entertaining so far though.
AGAIN, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF YOUR ORIGINAL DICKHEAD COMMENT? THIS IS A PATTERN FOR YOU. ANYTIME THERE IS A DISCUSSION REGARDING RUGER FIREARMS, YOU NEVER HESITATE TO BEGIN PONTIFICATING LIKE A PSALM-SINGING JACKASS. WHAT IS IT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH?

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Matter of fact, I have not purchased a smith since that happened. Though, like ruger, its all water under the bridge.
Is that so? This little piece of "brilliance" would suggest it's anything but water under the bridge with your dumb ass:
Pisses me off everytime I see a ruger somewhere. Or think about em.

<SNIP>

I am sorry for the thread digression... I can't help myself with him.
What ruger said and did is water under the bridge, I didn't say I had gotten over it yet.
Thats the problem with keyboard commandos. They can't see emotion or have a face to face, since its typed words and so they think that their interpretation is the way it was meant. This is a prime example.
It's a prime example of what? Your being caught in a lie? Your blatant hypocrisy? Your inability to understand and correctly use figures of speech in the English language? What example are you demonstrating for us?

Let me ask you another question: has it yet dawned on you that no one -- AND I MEAN NO ONE -- has offered you their support or come to your defense? I think the main reason you keep replying is your ego just won't let you hang it up. You're trying your best to save face after being called out, but the hole keeps getting deeper.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A beautiful set of #1's bt. The wood on that 220 Swift is exceptional. I have M77's in 22/250 and .350 Rem Mag that are stainless / synthetic because they are go to work horse rifles, but also have a M77 wood / blued 30/06 that got in the lucky wood line. I don't intentionally take it out in bad weather. I think it's too pretty. Each has it's place, and all have been hunted. It's a joy to be in the woods with any of them for me.

"Feel the heart of the hunter. Feel the thrill that will cleanse the soul."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by daddywpb
A beautiful set of #1's bt. The wood on that 220 Swift is exceptional. I have M77's in 22/250 and .350 Rem Mag that are stainless / synthetic because they are go to work horse rifles, but also have a M77 wood / blued 30/06 that got in the lucky wood line. I don't intentionally take it out in bad weather. I think it's too pretty. Each has it's place, and all have been hunted. It's a joy to be in the woods with any of them for me.
I was really surprised by that wood as well. I bought it off a guy on the Yahoo! No. 1 group last year. He mentioned it in a couple of postings, but wasn't particularly detailed, so it languished for a month or so with almost no interest from the other members. I got a hold of him and called him on the telephone. I chatted him up for a while and made a deal for the rifle and beaucoup accessories -- I'm glad I did! It's easily my prettiest and (nearly) best shooter. (It's a 1978-vintage 1V.)

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I don't have an ego in this. Its all humorous to me that someone could get their blood pressure up so high, and fling so many nasty comments and names, on a forum.

True, today was a bit slow so I had time to entertain myself, but not all days are like that. You just got lucky today.

My point? Thought that was clear as a bell, I still dislike Bill Ruger for his sellout. Its his guns that remind me of him. Pretty simple and I didn't think anyone could miss that point.

Funnier yet, for some reason, you evidently think Ruger hung the moon etc.... and are allowed to have that opinion on a public forum, nasty as you can be, yet my opinion happens to be opposite of yours and I'm taken to task for it.

In my younger years, and when first on the internet, I remember being somewhat like you. Thankfully I've matured and end up having fun at this all.

Its funny too, that you ignore my positive comments on the #1s and continue on with your rant and rage. Not dissimilar at all of what you claim that I'm doing. That must be the hypocrsy you are typing of. At least you've taken the obnoxious terms out of the last posts. BP must be coming down some finally.

Remember, there is a way to rest easier and never raise your BP.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I give up.

"Feel the heart of the hunter. Feel the thrill that will cleanse the soul."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't have an ego in this. Its all humorous to me that someone could get their blood pressure up so high, and fling so many nasty comments and names, on a forum.

True, today was a bit slow so I had time to entertain myself, but not all days are like that. You just got lucky today.

My point? Thought that was clear as a bell, I still dislike Bill Ruger for his sellout. Its his guns that remind me of him. Pretty simple and I didn't think anyone could miss that point.

Funnier yet, for some reason, you evidently think Ruger hung the moon etc.... and are allowed to have that opinion on a public forum, nasty as you can be, yet my opinion happens to be opposite of yours and I'm taken to task for it.

In my younger years, and when first on the internet, I remember being somewhat like you. Thankfully I've matured and end up having fun at this all.

Its funny too, that you ignore my positive comments on the #1s and continue on with your rant and rage. Not dissimilar at all of what you claim that I'm doing. That must be the hypocrsy you are typing of. At least you've taken the obnoxious terms out of the last posts. BP must be coming down some finally.

Remember, there is a way to rest easier and never raise your BP.
I'm sorry, but are you just too f*cking stupid to understand the questions posed to you? Are you just that f*cking dumb that you can't read?

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF YOUR ORIGINAL DICKHEAD COMMENT? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH BY YOUR REPEATED RANTS REGARDING RUGER? CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? IS IT GETTING THROUGH TO YOUR THICK HEAD? DO YOU NEED SOMEONE TO READ IT TO YOU?

And finally: DON'T YOU THINK IT'S TELLING THAT NO ONE -- NOT A SINGLE PERSON ON THIS BOARD, NOT ONE -- HAS COME TO YOUR DEFENSE OR EVEN OFFERED AN AGREEING WORD FOR YOU? WHY IS THAT?

IC B3

AJD Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BT-nice looking #1's.

I've never been that "lucky" with the wood. Perhaps some day. In the meantime I'll enjoy the "ones" I have.

There is no accounting for taste.

Experience is a great thing as long as one survives it.

Generally, there ain't a lot that separates the two however,
Barely making it is a whole lot more satisfying than barely not making it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AJD
BT-nice looking #1's.

I've never been that "lucky" with the wood. Perhaps some day. In the meantime I'll enjoy the "ones" I have.
Mine was strictly luck of the draw. Freedumb1, on the other hand, seems to possess a sixth sense for locating highly figured No. 1s.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I don't like bill ruger. How many times dude? Thats the point. It was then, still is, but some idiot keeps dragging it on demanding responses.

What can we accomplish with my complaint? About the same you can as raggin this on. Nothing. But seems like you have time on your hands.

Its really actually funny to watch your posts. You are one hothead. Just plain crazy with your replies. Sure hope you get over it at some point.

As to coming to my aid, doesn't bother me much as you can tell.

Love your use of words too. Just so hot headed that you can't refrain from cussing. Lots of maturity there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't like bill ruger. How many times dude? Thats the point. It was then, still is, but some idiot keeps dragging it on demanding responses.

What can we accomplish with my complaint? About the same you can as raggin this on. Nothing. But seems like you have time on your hands.

Its really actually funny to watch your posts. You are one hothead. Just plain crazy with your replies. Sure hope you get over it at some point.

As to coming to my aid, doesn't bother me much as you can tell.

Love your use of words too. Just so hot headed that you can't refrain from cussing. Lots of maturity there.
Can you or can't you answer the question, dickhead? What was the point of your ignorant little comment? What are you trying to prove? What need do the rest of us have to know of your dislike for a man who is now deceased? It appears to me an IDIOT is hanging on to an OUT OF CONTEXT COMMENT made by a person who is no longer among the living to defend himself. Really, just how DUMB is that?

Not a single person has stepped up to say they agree with you. Not a single person has stepped up to say they support your bonehead idea. Not one. Not a single one. Why is that?

Anytime you want to pony up with an answer, "dude."

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Wow

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AJD
BT-nice looking #1's.

Mine was strictly luck of the draw. Freedumb1, on the other hand, seems to possess a sixth sense for locating highly figured No. 1s.

Bricktop,

I especially like that RSI 7x57. Beautiful rifle, great classic caliber, and capable of dropping what you shoot with it as you have shown.

I don't have a sixth sense, I'm just one picky bastid who is not afraid to spend a little extra to get the one I like. I glean such enjoyment out of ownership, maintenance, and target shooting beautifuil weapons.

Ruger No.1's for me are like playing the lottery, even though I have never purchased a ticket, I am scoping those bad boys out every second that I am traveling the midwest hitting local gun shops, gun shows etc. I have bought a couple from guys/gals here on the 'fire also.

What has always drawn me to Rugers are therir exceptional customer service. I will not go into boring detail, or rat out any recent sellers, but the last Red Label I purchased showed up to my FFL with the forearm cracked in half, mad and some minor cracks around the tang. Probably no fault of the sellers. wink I send the shotgun to Ruger with a note seeing if they will put a new forearm on the gun. I get a call saying the buttstock also has some issues and they need to replace both. I was not a happy camper because the buttstock was the reason I purchased said shotgun. They said they would see what they could do, but no promises.

2 weeks later, my shotgun shows up with new wood, replaced firing pins, and several other small parts. My total cost? Zero. (My loyalty)

I wish all company's took customer service as serious as Ruger.

What do you think?

Shottie on the right.

[Linked Image]

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wow

Thanks, Jeff. This has been fun to watch. laugh

I guess I'll have to go get another Woodford Reserve and look for another flame fest.

Damn, you're good.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Freedumb1
What has always drawn me to Rugers are therir exceptional customer service.
Same here. I've had several very favorable experiences with Ruger customer service as well. The one that stands out in my mind was the time I was trying to get some sighting issues sorted out on an integrally suppressed MKII. I contacted the Prescott, Arizona facility about buying a couple of different front sights to machine down in height. I was more than willing to pay for them and was told so-and-so would need to talk to me about that, since there were about three or four different front sights used. (!!!) About ten minutes later I received a call back from none other than the PLANT MANAGER who visited with me at length about the suppressor, who did the conversion, etc. He turned around and sent a small package of about a half-a-dozen sights -- FOR FREE. That's hard to beat.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a Ruger Bisley .45 LC that was getting some gas erosion on the face of the cylinder.

Sent back to Ruger, came back to me with a new cylinder, properly spaced, no questions, no-charge.

Companies with customer service that good deserve and earn my loyalty.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What a bunch of delicious rifles! My walnut Whelen isn't too fancy but I'll have to try to get a good pic if the sun ever comes out again. Meanwhile, Bricktop's 7x57 RSI is just torturing me! I keep inching closer to selling my Kimber 84 7-08 to pick up a RSI Mauser. Gorgeous and classic!

While I guess in the future if things improve financially I would like to continue adding to my No.1 collection, I am really more of a shooter and hate having to 'decide' which one I am going to take hunting on my limited opportunities (or just have them sitting in the safe)!

I've almost got myself talked into downsizing to two BG rifles--RSI 7x57 and my 1A Whelen (and maybe a 1S .300 H&H...and a 1A .257 Bob...and a 1A in 6.5 Swede...and a...) laugh

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1973cb450, 68 invisible), 2,922 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,263
Posts18,467,132
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.