Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Freedumb1,

That IS some beautiful wood!

I have had nothing but great customer service from Ruger over the past thirty years.

I DO wish they would make extension front rings in different heights, but that is the only gripe I have with them. laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff doesn't need any support for the points he has offered here. That doesn't mean that there aren't some who will gladly stand with him even in disagreement. (I do, and quite unapologetically.) It was BT, not Jeff, who came out rudely in taking offense with Rost's opinions. On the one hand, I can see where Jeff is coming from with the Second Amendment stuff and the Mini deal. Then again, any company who builds the weaponry with obvious multi-generational rugged use capacities that Ruger does seems hardly opposed to Second Amendment issues, even if their primary motive seems to be money. Now, if Ruger was pawning off something like the the multi-way weak products that Remington has put out - with an obvious focus on the bottom line and with seemingly little concern for rugged longevity, well, that would be a definite problem for me.

All that said, on the recent hunt I just returned from - after riding 500 miles to hunt caribou, I took two rifles. One was a Remington, a well proven Model Seven. The second (back-up) was a Ruger. I had seriously considered bringing a #1-A in 7 x 57, and it would have been fine for the hunting we did. However, since snow, overflow, and wet were without question over the span of those miles, I opted to go with two shooters whose glass/plastic composite and chrome/nickel metallics were unlikely to be phased. The trip ended up being a success. We got our daily limit of five caribou apiece, and we got everything safely home without damage. My partner didn't need his back-up, a Winchester, since his Ruger worked flawlessly; I didn't need my Ruger as the Remington performed flawlessly. The weapons worked better than either of the shooters. But, a picture of composite and nickel/chromium metal ain't worth ten words let alone the bandwidth, so.........; and besides, they weren't #1s anyway.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Freedumb1,

That IS some beautiful wood!

I have had nothing but great customer service from Ruger over the past thirty years.

I DO wish they would make extension front rings in different heights, but that is the only gripe I have with them. laugh

Ed

I thought someone offered those rings at some point? Maybe an aftermarket from Brownells possibly? I have been wrong before though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by Freedumb1
What has always drawn me to Rugers are therir exceptional customer service.
Same here. I've had several very favorable experiences with Ruger customer service as well. The one that stands out in my mind was the time I was trying to get some sighting issues sorted out on an integrally suppressed MKII. I contacted the Prescott, Arizona facility about buying a couple of different front sights to machine down in height. I was more than willing to pay for them and was told so-and-so would need to talk to me about that, since there were about three or four different front sights used. (!!!) About ten minutes later I received a call back from none other than the PLANT MANAGER who visited with me at length about the suppressor, who did the conversion, etc. He turned around and sent a small package of about a half-a-dozen sights -- FOR FREE. That's hard to beat.

Here is customer service from Ruger too... had family I was coaching both them and their kids in highpower( kids managed #3 in the nation eventually too which ain't half bad). Anyway they were a big hunting family. Had a 77 in 7 rem mag that somehow got this ring in the barrel up close to the muzzle. REally weird looking. But it was rusty and had nto been maintained. I suggested 2 options, rebarrel or send in and see what Ruger would charge. As we all know, its fairly hard to rebarrel for less than about 400-500 bucks. Ruger's charge to rebarrel? ZIP. Nothing. I was amazed. Thats customer service too.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Well BT I will support what rost495 said originally. He made a statement that he doesn't like buying Rugers because of Bill Ruger's politics. I have a hard time buying them for that very reason although I do have a couple Ruger guns. I realize that Bill is no longer with us and that his politics do not play a part in the company anymore but it still erks me. Sorry for holding a grudge but that's just me. Ruger makes some great guns though.

But your actions and words on this thread are beyond childish! A man just makes a simple comment about his believes and you call him every obsene name in the book? What kind of person does this? You come off as a uneducated bully who needs his mouth washed out. I bet your mother would be real proud to hear you talk like that!

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Jeff doesn't need any support for the points he has offered here. That doesn't mean that there aren't some who will gladly stand with him even in disagreement. (I do, and quite unapologetically.) It was BT, not Jeff, who came out rudely in taking offense with Rost's opinions. On the one hand, I can see where Jeff is coming from with the Second Amendment stuff and the Mini deal. Then again, any company who builds the weaponry with obvious multi-generational rugged use capacities that Ruger does seems hardly opposed to Second Amendment issues, even if their primary motive seems to be money. Now, if Ruger was pawning off something like the the multi-way weak products that Remington has put out - with an obvious focus on the bottom line and with seemingly little concern for rugged longevity, well, that would be a definite problem for me.

All that said, on the recent hunt I just returned from - after riding 500 miles to hunt caribou, I took two rifles. One was a Remington, a well proven Model Seven. The second (back-up) was a Ruger. I had seriously considered bringing a #1-A in 7 x 57, and it would have been fine for the hunting we did. However, since snow, overflow, and wet were without question over the span of those miles, I opted to go with two shooters whose glass/plastic composite and chrome/nickel metallics were unlikely to be phased. The trip ended up being a success. We got our daily limit of five caribou apiece, and we got everything safely home without damage. My partner didn't need his back-up, a Winchester, since his Ruger worked flawlessly; I didn't need my Ruger as the Remington performed flawlessly. The weapons worked better than either of the shooters. But, a picture of composite and nickel/chromium metal ain't worth ten words let alone the bandwidth, so.........; and besides, they weren't #1s anyway.

Klik

IMHO one of the biggest beater rifles around would have to be the 77 SS/Boat paddle... Seems like it would be hard to make that one quit... A buddy has one in 7.62 commie... that thing just gets drug around the pig woods taking a beating but still going and killing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reelman
Well BT I will support what rost495 said originally. He made a statement that he doesn't like buying Rugers because of Bill Ruger's politics. I have a hard time buying them for that very reason although I do have a couple Ruger guns. I realize that Bill is no longer with us and that his politics do not play a part in the company anymore but it still erks me. Sorry for holding a grudge but that's just me. Ruger makes some great guns though.

But your actions and words on this thread are beyond childish! A man just makes a simple comment about his believes and you call him every obsene name in the book? What kind of person does this? You come off as a uneducated bully who needs his mouth washed out. I bet your mother would be real proud to hear you talk like that!
Here you go, rost495, someone to trade sniffing cornholes.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
It was directed at you, not me.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Freedumb1

Left to right:

"B" Non-suffix in .243 Win
"A" CHP in .357 Mag.
"A" in .243 Win.
"A" in 7x57 Mauser
"RSI" in .270 Win.
"S" .45-70 GOVT 50th year Anniv.
"AB" .204 Ruger
"S" .375 Boddington Lion
"A" 7x57 "Leopard" (Thanks Lee)

Lifes to short to collect ugly rifles.....

[Linked Image]

Wow!I'm seriously jealous.Nice collection.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil...
...is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ain't it amazing how fast a good thread can go to crap around here anymore?Or is it just me...

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil...
...is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ruger # 1
Ain't it amazing how fast a good thread can go to crap around here anymore?Or is it just me...
I agree.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Thank you for showing your maturity level once again! I try to stay out of personal arguments on here but you are such a jackass it's hard not to with you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Thank you for showing your maturity level once again! I try to stay out of personal arguments on here but you are such a jackass it's hard not to with you.
I'm trying hard to make it to your level, pal.

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
To this day my father will not buy anything Japanese. I asked him why. His response: "They tried to kill me everyday for 4 years".
Some grudges have merit.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DMc
To this day my father will not buy anything Japanese. I asked him why. His response: "They tried to kill me everyday for 4 years".
Some grudges have merit.
I don't think Bill Ruger tried to kill rastafarian495, he just hurt his mangina.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, aside from the fact that the 'Campfire can be a pretty nice place to spend some time much of the time, it, being part of the internet, also certainly exposes how pathetic humanity can be. I use the term "humanity" somewhat loosely in deference to those who conjure up thoughts of sniffing butts, realizing that that is generally a canine trait - no ill intent meant toward canids, many of whom I know as friends.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc
Some grudges have merit.
I don't think Bill Ruger tried to kill rastafarian495, he just hurt his mangina.

I don't often have to go to the dictionary, but "mangina" made me do so. Unfortunately, neither the big Oxford dictionary on the dictionary stand nor the dictionary embedded in my iMac software yielded a definition. Can you enlighten me? Gracias, amigo.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Back to pictures?? Here are some of my #1's..........

1A 7x57, 1AB 7mm Mag/verticle splits/4-digitSN, 1B 7x57, 1S 7mm Mag
[Linked Image]
1RSI 7x57
[Linked Image]
1B 7mm Mag 4-digit SN
[Linked Image]
1H 405 win
[Linked Image]

One shot, one kill........
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mudhen
Originally Posted by DMc
Some grudges have merit.

I don't often have to go to the dictionary, but "mangina" made me do so. Unfortunately, neither the big Oxford dictionary on the dictionary stand nor the dictionary embedded in my iMac software yielded a definition. Can you enlighten me? Gracias, amigo.
From the urban dictionary:

"Derisive term for a man's feminine side - especially when he's picky, touchy or emotional about something seemingly minor."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mudhen
Originally Posted by DMc
Some grudges have merit.

From the urban dictionary:

"Derisive term for a man's feminine side - especially when he's picky, touchy or emotional about something seemingly minor."

Also can be used in a sentence like, "He fell down and got sand in his mangina."

Cross between "man" and "vagina".

Come to think of it, I didn't learn that word in college either.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

712 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 1234, 10Glocks, 70 invisible), 3,460 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,354
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.