Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BCBrian
. Any fool should see I only wrote the intro and the questions at the end.

why?

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm observing an enlightening, a questioning of Christian and other ideals. I am not seeing it die out, and in fact, many become much more faithful to a higher power.

I, for example, have studied quite a bit. Having a Catholic background, I sifted through that religion until coming to the beginnings, and then before.

There is no questioning that the Catholic Church is a direct descendant of the first Christian churches, but it is still removed from what those churches were.

First, Christianity was never supposed to be separate from Judaism. When it started mixing in with other religions (for example, the Cult of Mythra), it became a separate entity.

The early teachings of Christianity were more of philosophy of enlightenment: Jesus was a man become God, not vice versa, as was later taught.

We're seeing a step beyond the human teachings to the truly spiritual. We no longer need rosaries to enter into spiritual trances. God listens wherever we go -- not just in church. These are just a couple things being realized.

It's akin to the Renaissance after the Dark Ages, but this is a rebirth of spirituality. In another 2000 years, maybe, if we make it that long, we will fall back into religion. It's cyclical.

Josh

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I never pretended I did the research - duh!

I almost always grap clips and post. I'm more than willing to provide sources. Any fool should see I only wrote the intro and the questions at the end.

...any fool whistle

I always like to see a liberal squirm when they're caught plagiarizing someone elses work. cry

The only fool here seems to be you and your belief that you can get away with it. grin

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD
I have no need to read your post, Brian, but will tell you that God loves you.

which allows many of us to think you're an azz Brian!

jk, bud, from what I read here, I think you're probably a good egg

just wanting is all, wanting confirmation by numbers or anything else that you're correct.

you're just the yin to the yang of Christians that do the same thing

but men of faith or confidence don't spend an overt amount of time trying to convince others they are right on such matters.

their beliefs or non belief are correct for them, and that's enough.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I never pretended I did the research - duh!

I almost always grap clips and post. I'm more than willing to provide sources. Any fool should see I only wrote the intro and the questions at the end.

...any fool whistle

Simple enough to insert a link with your post.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
IC B2

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Christianity won't become extinct. It will be forced underground, but when that happens, it'll be stronger than ever before. Historically, God has done his best work when men are at their worst.

Ding ding ding- give that rodent a cookie smile !

Man kind is placated here (materially) in the Western world and I have no doubt that true Christianity is experiencing a loss of adherents. But in other parts of the world where they don't have so many things with which to fill the God shaped vacuum Christianity is doing quite well.

God maintains His remnant in spite of... and often times as a result of... the worst that man kind can bring against His people.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Joshua_M_Smith

I, for example, have studied quite a bit. Having a Catholic background, I sifted through that religion until coming to the beginnings, and then before.

Sifting through religions is a waste of time when you can go directly to the original source - the Bible. That will tell you everything you need to know about God's love of mankind, our fallen nature, His plan for our redemption, our actual redemption through the death of Jesus Christ, and our hope for eternal life by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

The early teachings of Christianity were more of philosophy of enlightenment: Jesus was a man become God, not vice versa, as was later taught.

You have it exactly upside down. Jesus is God and became man.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
"Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today"

I always loved the lyrics to "Imagine" by John Lennon.

My, how metrosexual of you....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Understanding your position on this I still wonder...Is this something you are PROUD of? Absolutely NO beliefs that we are nothing more than mere "somehow" 2 rocks colliding, "somehow" turning into water molecules that "somehow" turned into single cell organisms that "somehow" turned into mulitple celled organizisms that "somehow" turned into whatever that eventually turned into fish, Then dinosaurs, that turned into mammals that split into MILLIONS of mammals, that got around to primates. And out of ALLLLLL the primates, only ONE evolved into a homonid, that turned into something halfway in between human and monkey that (I'm getting tired now) turned into "modern day man" ? To each their own. But since you are set in your decision...let me just ask you to pick up or for giggles subscribe to "Creation Magazine". Been years that I've seen a copy myself..but then again, I am convinced, by more than you, I believe that there IS reason to Believe. But not ONLY to believe, but "become" part of Creation. One of the last articles I read had to do with the fact that man AND dinosaurs actually lived at the same times. Man as a whole, has only been here approximately 14,000 years. NOT over millions of years of all described above. What can it hurt ? Go check it out. I'm not gonna tell you you are wrong, I'll let you figure that out for yourself...IF you're safe enough in your decision to look into what I said you still have no threat on your beliefs. Until judgement day that is. And BTW, you did post this, I'm not attacking you...you have doubts or you wouldnt have posted it in the first place

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by achadwick

Sifting through religions is a waste of time when you can go directly to the original source - the Bible. That will tell you everything you need to know about God's love of mankind, our fallen nature, His plan for our redemption, our actual redemption through the death of Jesus Christ, and our hope for eternal life by the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Not saying you're wrong on this but I was taught that Jesus is the SON of God that died for our sins and assended to Heaven after he was murdered. Becoming at one with God and the Holy Spirit.." In the name of the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit"
As long as we are all living for and praising God and his teachings...there is no wrong.

Last edited by deg967; 03/22/11.
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by isaac
Using just my own personal observations,I've noticed a increasingly large percentage of folks who have found religion up to and through sentencing.

Lots of folks find Jesus at the lowest point in their lives. Whatever it takes IMO.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Were you taught the first book of John? There are many mysteries in the Bible and the Incarnation is certainly one of them. Not contesting your belief, but sharing where and how many of us come to believe that Jesus is God.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
H
H
Lennons song is about death......imagine being dead!!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Lennon was nothing but a long haired pot smokin punk, spose he did lots of maginin'

Gunner

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Powerguy
Is there a correlation that Morals and Religion becoming extinct at the same time, coincidence it is not.

That's the pearll of the day my friend. What America needs is more God. Look no further than this clown BCBrian as an educator, of all things.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Brian, it occurs to me that you inspire folks on this forum to be more resolute in their faith than anyone else. You truly do the Kingdom of God much good. Thank you!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BCBrian - "religion" is going nowhere. Never has,never will. Religion is neither the key nor the issue.

In general, church participation is higher (% wise) in these parts than it has been for 20 or 30 years. The churches that are bigger and growing are the ones with less denominational ritual, no stodgy doctrinal hang-ups and less formality. They emphasize a personal relationship with Christ as Savior - the need for a daily walk with Him and the experience of joy and hope afforded by this faith.

Those churches that emphasize "good works" as a way to Heaven, social/political action and build their efforts around the "social gospel" seem to be slipping seriously. Full of older folks and not much energy.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by RickyD
Brian, it occurs to me that you inspire folks on this forum to be more resolute in their faith than anyone else. You truly do the Kingdom of God much good. Thank you!

+1

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John were put down into writing after the oral tradition had been around for a couple hundred years. There were followers of each disciple here.

The Letters of Paul appear to be authentic.

Not as it was originally taught. This was added later after the early Catholic Church came into being.

The early Christian churches were Jewish. They were temples. The majority also had a temple to Mythra built below.

Mythra's birthday was December 25th.

The Bible is the victim of misinterpretation. For example, "There were giants in those days" came from a misinterpretation from Hebrew to Greek. It properly reads "There were fallen ones in those days."

Further investigation comes to show that the "fallen ones" were not quite human and not quite animal.

Now, this is going to read like the National Inquirer, but I can back it up. Some Biblical archaeologists got to poking around some in the area, and came up with what appear to be human/neanderthal hybrids. Nobody has confirmed that's what they are, but the dating and skeletal features would be about what one might expect.

The Bible is also a victim of re-writes and outright manipulation by the Christian Church to their own ends.

Yes, I believe in God, more strongly than I ever have in my life. I also know not to blindly follow what I'm told, and am reasonable enough to know I'm not going to change anyone's minds, but might make a few angry.

About God -- we have made Him in our images, though, and He is pissed.

Josh

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You really are becoming a "Cannabis Derelict", Mister,....

Some of your posts used to make a wee bit of sense.

....Old tired John Lennon blithering ?

Sad,.....

Hey,...get whatever "Epiphanies" jazz your startle centers there, Cisco.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 01Foreman400, 160user, 63 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,648
Posts18,455,427
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.