Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Has anyone ever used this for pain? I've had some chronic back pain for a couple years. My Doc wanted me to try this (ER 100 MG) twice a day. Anyone have any experience using this? Thanks

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
BP-B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Just got a script for it yesterday and it's the first time using it. Seems to work pretty well, does make me 'sleepy'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Tramadol is a sub for Ultram. I've had a Rx for several years due to my arthritis (Ankylosing Spondylitis). I take it on occasion when I need a bit more pain relief than the NSAID I take daily provides. Ultram works pretty well.

μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've taken Ultram off and on for years now. It's a pretty mild pain killer IMHO. I've always gotten more relief from Tylenol #4, but every person is different when it comes to this stuff.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have used it off and on for a few years. It does'nt allways kill the pain ,but does take the edge off and make things bearable. It is a narcotic but one of the lower on the scale. Another good one is Tordal. Either one is not likely to be addictive.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
IC B2

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Just got a script for it yesterday and it's the first time using it. Seems to work pretty well, does make me 'sleepy'

Small world. My Doc said it was less powefull than Vicodin, but my Pharmacist said it was a little more powerfull than Vicodin?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
First pain med I've had since the early 90's and I don't know what that was nor remember how it worked.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Buddy of mine took it for shoulder pain.

He liked it until it made him drink brake fluid, strip nekkid and get his ass hung on the steeple of a church.

May have some side effects.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by okok
[quote=Steelhead] My Doc said it was less powefull than Vicodin, but my Pharmacist said it was a little more powerfull than Vicodin?

Sounds like trying to nail down burn rates of powders.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I took it many years ago when my back pain first started. It was mildly effective, but like the Norco (vicodin) that it preceded, it caused severe constipation. I didn't find it much more effective than NSAID's ibuprofen or naproxen sodium (Advil or Aleve). I've heard that it's one of the harder synthetic opiods to quit if you take it for extended periods of time.

Most of the tramadol prescriptions have some aceteminophen content (Tylenol), so be careful with it when taking cold/flu medications that have heavy Tylenol contents. Any EMT will tell you that an aceteminophen OD is unrecoverable.

BTW, it made me sleepy as well.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Doc said it was less powefull than Vicodin, but my Pharmacist said it was a little more powerfull than Vicodin?

It's much milder than Vicodin, in my experience.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by levrluvr
Any EMT will tell you that an aceteminophen OD is unrecoverable.

I OD'ed accidently on aceteminophen once (took two, forgot and then took two more a few minutes later).

The closest thing I can compare it to is being stung by bees over your entire body. It alternatly stings and itches.

In other words, it really really sucked.

Brian.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I take the version that is 37 mg. Tramadol and 325 mg. of acetaminophen in each dose. It was prescribed for use after my fall. Broken heel.

I take 4 or 5 per week, when Motrin etc. aren't enough.

So far, even early on, when taking 4-6 per day, no sign of dependence.

As Tex said it may not kill the pain but, it takes the edge off nicely. I'll suffer a little to not risk a Vicodin/Lortab addiction.

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'll let you know in a couple hours. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope there isn't a church nearby...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
My Doc said it was less powefull than Vicodin, but my Pharmacist said it was a little more powerfull than Vicodin?

It's much milder than Vicodin, in my experience.

Brian.

Yup....much milder. Good side is Toradol, Ultram are much less addictive than Vicodin, Perc's....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think toradol is very different from opiates. I know that I can only get a toradol shot every two weeks. Ultram is like candy, but does help a little if I take four a day. I decided a while back I was tired of the hard stuff. I tried the Ultram for a week or two after that, then quit taking it too. I decided I would rather live in pain than in a haze. About once a week I have to have a little relief and try to get by with Ultram only, sometimes something stronger is needed.

Now that JM mentions it I do get a powerful hankering for some dot 3 occasionally

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I have developed an allergy to Codine and don't like some of the other pain meds out there. It has worked well for me for the past 2 years or so and seems to be easier on my system.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

D
D
yeah took it for back pain before surgery, didnt faze me one bit. so IM not a big fan.

okok Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It's been 4 hours and it hasn't done shiat. Maybe since it's time release it might take longer? Back is barking like a bish. mad

Got some vickies on the bench..... grin

Last edited by okok; 03/25/11.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 70 invisible), 2,830 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,654
Posts18,399,200
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.