-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TLEE was just reminiscing. No need to get all huffy.

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by hunter1960

The majority of you talk the talk, but wouldn't go back to a more physical or lower standard of living. Stop taking your meds, you can go back to those days. You enjoy the push-button lifestyle, that we have in todays times. The past isn't returning, it never has. We have to move forward in technology, science, etc.

I moved out of a tent after two winters in the Pac NW.

I now live in a 420 sq ft house w/o indoor plumbing and only power from a small solar and wind system. We heat and cook with wood and I cut, split and carry it. I take no medicines, have no insurance. I find your assumptions insulting. HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU WANT TO TAKE AWAY FROM ME.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Dang, I remember most of that stuff "back then."

How about this one--when a kid had a crooked tooth or two, they didn't rush down to the orthodontist and spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on braces. They said, "how about that, his teeth are a little crooked."

How come every kid yoy know these days gets braces at one time or another?

We have a bingo!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
And I watched Papaw file those helical blades on that mower, then he put my young ass to work.
Wish I could go back sometime.

Gunner

Trump Won!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
It's interesting that you senior citizens, don't like the ways of today, but you sure love the devices such as computers, cellphones, and other high-tech items etc.

That along with high-tech medical procedures and medicines that keep the majority of you alive daily. You need to be thankful for a medical scientist/doctor, that had the desire to develope a new drug or procedure, that was above how they did it in the good old days, as you claim.

The majority of you talk the talk, but wouldn't go back to a more physical or lower standard of living. Stop taking your meds, you can go back to those days. You enjoy the push-button lifestyle, that we have in todays times. The past isn't returning, it never has. We have to move forward in technology, science, etc.

This has to be the stupidest post I've seen in some time.

And that's saying something.

No one said anything about doing away with technology. The point was, the younger generation always thinks they collectively invented "it," whatever it happens to be. And they didn't.

The other point being, the younger generation can always learn from the older generation. If they'd just pull their heads outta their collective asses long enough.

Here's a good example. People always wanna talk about a "SHTF" scenario, and what they'd do if the "SHTF."

Truth is, by depending on schit like cell phones and modern medicine, we've put ourselves over a barrel because if/when all the infrastructure collapses in a "SHTF" scenario and that modern schit stops working, people who depend on it will be up the proverbial creek.

And the people who'll be best off are the Amish, and all the others that don't depend on all this modern crap. The people who still know how to do things without modern technology, like the old lady in TLee's post.

Anyway, excellent post, T.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
It's interesting that you senior citizens, don't like the ways of today, but you sure love the devices such as computers, cellphones, and other high-tech items etc.

That along with high-tech medical procedures and medicines that keep the majority of you alive daily. You need to be thankful for a medical scientist/doctor, that had the desire to develope a new drug or procedure, that was above how they did it in the good old days, as you claim.

This has to be the stupidest post I've seen in some time.

And that's saying something.

No one said anything about doing away with technology. The point was, the younger generation always thinks they collectively invented "it," whatever it happens to be. And they didn't.

The other point being, the younger generation can always learn from the older generation. If they'd just pull their heads outta their collective asses long enough.

Here's a good example. People always wanna talk about a "SHTF" scenario, and what they'd do if the "SHTF."

Truth is, by depending on schit like cell phones and modern medicine, we've put ourselves over a barrel because if/when all the infrastructure collapses in a "SHTF" scenario and that modern schit stops working, people who depend on it will be up the proverbial creek.

And the people who'll be best off are the Amish, and all the others that don't depend on all this modern crap. The people who still know how to do things without modern technology, like the old lady in TLee's post.

Anyway, excellent post, T.

Look at the source...nuff said.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
He live in his fancy house and looks down on others who have less.

Typical of a tiny percentage of LEOs who think themselves gods and other no better than dog feces on the bottom of their shoes.

Also noted for having no sense of humor. Note the dump he took on what was before hand a great post.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

You CLAIM to be all of 50 years old .

How interesting,...a FIFTY YEAR OLD PUNK.

Consider the source dittos,......this "Hunter1960" is a DESK at the SPLC "Dept of Computer Harassment" or some other such Orwellian TRASH......with any number of dweebs, and twerps, and other assorted corksockers sitting and typing drivel.

He [bleep]' sure ain't a MAN.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Scott F

I moved out of a tent after two winters in the Pac NW.

I now live in a 420 sq ft house w/o indoor plumbing and only power from a small solar and wind system. We heat and cook with wood and I cut, split and carry it. I take no medicines, have no insurance. I find your assumptions insulting. HOW MUCH MORE DO YOU WANT TO TAKE AWAY FROM ME.

Good post. Point well made. Those that have had it easy all their life have no real idea what life was/is like for others not so fortunate.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Scott F
He live in his fancy house and looks down on others who have less.

Typical of a tiny percentage of LEOs who think themselves gods and other no better than dog feces on the bottom of their shoes.

Also noted for having no sense of humor. Note the dump he took on what was before hand a great post.

Spent 37 years in the LEO business and unfortunately we had our share of those. The more money you throw their way the bigger a legend they become. As Clint Eastwood said in the movie about people being a legend - in their own mind. I worked for one chief who probably wouldn't have had 6 pallbearers if he'd have died. Especially not 6 from the department. Pompus AZZ! Took great pride in ruining other people's careers and futures.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Thank goodness for progress.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Worked to wash those bottles at a Pepsi plant for awhile; sure missed the ten-cent deposit when trash thrown out was no longer easily turned for cash. (Of course, the 100% deposit seemed a bit steep sometimes.) Can recall Mom telling another person to stop listening to the party-line conversation. What an upgrade to move to town where two digits gave us our own phone number. (Took awhile to get used to a pre-fix; "It ain't long distance for Pete's Sake!") Got no use for cell phones, iPods, etc. Glad we've moved beyond CB radios; like VHF marine radios. Prefer telephone to SSB radio. Love the GPS, and prefer the kind that allow one to place names with places; much better than the kind that allowed all of 32 waypoints, each with a number you kept in a notebook. Antibiotics are great. Life is good. So's technology.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We got $.03 per Coke bottle, used to collect 'em and get the deposit. I had four older brothers growing up, I don't think I ever had a piece of clothing that wasn't a hand-me-down until I was about 12. When I tell my sons that, it just don't register.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 222ND, 257 mag, 2003and2013, 66 invisible), 2,475 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,200
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.