Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Surely some of the guys north of the border are. My son and I are going to see them at Bridgestone Arena here in Nashville tonight....been a fan since the early 80's and this is my first live show. Has anyone seen them on this tour?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Never heard of 'them'.

I thought you meant Rush Limbaugh.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Funny......they've been around for almost 40 years but have never been a big commercial success....not everyone's cup of tea, great musicianship.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I try to listen to Rush everyday. He is my main source of news.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm a fan, but have not seen them in concert. Been to a few concerts at the Sommet/Bridgestone though. They are good musicians and should put on a good show. Enjoy.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I saw them on their first leg, in Albuquerque; loved it. The stage set is a really cool "steam-punk" theme, the sound was great, and their musicianship hasn't slipped at all. However, Geddy's voice is almost gone and I found myself nervous that he'd have a big gaffe at any moment. Still, any young kid who goes to the show will probably decide to learn to play instrument when they go home, probably the bass, he's one of the best. They are icons and shouldn't be missed.

Failure's always an option
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I've seen them about five times and am a big fan...Haven't seen this tour, but saw them in Pittsburgh last year...They won't disapoint....they're really good.

Enjoy the show

Joe

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I haven't followed them in a long time, but in the day they were a favorite of mine. They were my first Rock Show.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Never heard of 'them'.

I thought you meant Rush Limbaugh.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/today.guest.html

Sigh. frown

Obviously being 'prog' rockers they weren't/aren't as big as many of the 'pop rock' bands, but they sure as hell are talented.

While I'm an axe slinger myself, I never placed Alex Lifeson very high on my list of favorites, but is there ANYONE on the planet better at banging than Neil Peart (great songwriter, too)?

It took me a while to learn to enjoy their music (I'm more of a blues/classic rock guy) but they are a great band. Another interesting note--I have read that all three members use 'electronic cues' to set off sound effects during live perfomances so that what you hear live is the 'same' as their recordings. In other words you don't have to settle for a 'stripped down' version of their songs when they play live. I have never been to one of their concerts so I can't verify.

Enjoy the show, Riverhawk.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My son is going to school at U of Louisville and is a big fan...he and a couple of other students have already started a band. He's gonna end up a bassist with an economics degree grin

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
If he's a bass player, he'll be duly impressed. Good for you for taking him. Enjoy

Failure's always an option
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Absolutely! Won the Conference pennant and now in the CFL Playoffs!

[Linked Image]

-=[Bob]=-
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
4th row a few years ago in Minneapolis. Saw them from the 15th or so at the state fair last year.

I am a HUGE fan.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You know that is one of the things that makes 'classic rock' so classic to me--musical talent. That is why I think so many of the 'old' bands endure; they keep picking up new fans from the younger generations. Most rock is 'pop(ular) rock'. It fits in whatever the musical zeitgeist happens to be. Hair metal, grunge, etc.

The great 'classic' bands always transcend because of their ability. Before 'Video Killed the Radio Star' syndrome of MTV you had to BE good not just look good in a vid.

It always great to see the next generations keeping the 'music' alive!

BTW, I'm a bit of an anachronism in that I dig music from the 60's and 70's when, by age, I should be an 80's and 90's fan, but that's a medium'long backstory. smile

You should both have a great time and make a great memory.

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Unfortunately when Rush is mentioned, this is the first thing that comes to mind.

" He who refuses to do the arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense" John McCarthy

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
You won't be disappointed. I've seen them and they put on a great show. Neil always has a unique drum solo planned for each tour. Enjoy!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I used to be a big Rush fan. Not a daily thing anymore, but I still enjoy hearing them. 2112 is still one of my favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkSbncZyiGc&playnext=1&list=PLE0BF95BF67110960

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Big brother snuck me into the 2112 concert I think was 1978. Talk about a marijuana haze in the stadium. I'll never forget this guy asked me if I like doobies at the concert. I answered heck yeh I like the Doobie Brothers. Naive farm kid.

Good band and always put on a great show. I always liked the Hemispheres album.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm a fan! The Rush in Rio dvd is great with an ocean of fans at the stadiums bouncing in unison.
I introduced Rush to my sons 15 years ago and it has definitely influenced their music and instrument choices. Drums, bass and guitar.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 52 invisible), 2,577 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,241
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.