Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
rvp Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Any one have any experience with the rifle? Does it perform well? Group sizes etc.

SHOOT STRAIGHT AND OFTEN. Hunt with your kids. Teach them not to shoot anything that they are not going to eat. Have respect for all ANIMALS.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have one. It shoots a ragged hole at 100 yds. with 250 grain Hornadys, and Black Horn. At 200 yds. it was dead on and 2 " low. I have a BDC Scope. You'll have some people tell you they don't like them. I do. I also have a 204 Ruger barrel forit. I also shoot great.

Denny

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have been looking for one for a while now.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have been looking for one for a while now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got mine for about $600. It's stainless with a laminate stock. I really like it!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
101, there is a pawn shop in Mooresville, N.C. that has a new one. If interseted let me know and I will get you their phone number.

rvp Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I have 2 of them and 8 barrels in assorted calibers,223,243,30-06,444,300mag,45-70 and a 50 cal ML. I really like them and have an extra 30-06 barrel NIB to sell. I find them to be a fine buy and they shoot as well as my PRO Hunter 35 whelen. I am looking for a 308 and a 270 barrel if anyone has them.

SHOOT STRAIGHT AND OFTEN. Hunt with your kids. Teach them not to shoot anything that they are not going to eat. Have respect for all ANIMALS.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There was some on gun broker. I just looked and their gone. Why the original post then?

rvp Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Well I could have rephased the original post to say-----"What do y'all think of the KP 1 Knight rifle" , however most of the folks I talk with don't know they exist and have no idea of the capabilities it has. I am looking for some interest so as to sell the extra 30-06 barrel I have or trade it for a 308 or 270. If I stepped on your toes in some way, I am truly sorry. You seem to have a YANKEE demeanor and I'm from a SOUTHERN state so there will always some space between our thoughts, Brett Farve is from this area and we love his game. Have a fine day !!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rvp
Well I could have rephased the original post to say-----"What do y'all think of the KP 1 Knight rifle" , however most of the folks I talk with don't know they exist and have no idea of the capabilities it has. I am looking for some interest so as to sell the extra 30-06 barrel I have or trade it for a 308 or 270. If I stepped on your toes in some way, I am truly sorry. You seem to have a YANKEE demeanor and I'm from a SOUTHERN state so there will always some space between our thoughts, Brett Farve is from this area and we love his game. Have a fine day !!

No I am the one to apologize. I meant nothing by the statement, just that I was surprised that you know more about them than I do. I thought you were looking at buying one. YANKEY, Sometimes I come across that way, and don't really mean it.

As far a Brett goes, any one hear came tell you that I have stuck up for him, through thick and thin.
DENNY

IC B3

K
K
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Here is my KP1 , 204 Ruger.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I have one. It shoots a ragged hole at 100 yds. with 250 grain Hornadys, and Black Horn. At 200 yds. it was dead on and 2 " low. I have a BDC Scope. You'll have some people tell you they don't like them. I do. I also have a 204 Ruger barrel forit. I also shoot great.

Denny

That's what I get for not rereading my post. It should have said it shoots great. Not I shoot great!

M
M
n my impressions from this year's SHOT show article, I mentioned that Knight Rifles surprised me with their slickest single shot muzzleloader (and centerfire rifle) yet, the Knight KP1. The Knight KP1 obsoletes the T/C Encore as well as most every Knight Rifle ever made. It successfully addresses all of the Encore's shortcomings, trigger, recoil, and aesthetics in one fell swoop. The KP1 is superbly designed and built, and it is easily the most impressive muzzleloader (and single shot rifle) introduced in 2007--perhaps the best in years.

This is a single shot break action exposed hammer "utility gun" platform that gets Knight Rifles into the centerfire and rimfire rifle business as well, and in a big way. Wait till you see and shoot one; this is the Knight for which we have been waiting for a very long time. It is a "wow."

Several things are notable about the KP1, which stands for "Knight Phase One." The triggers broke crisply in the 3 to 3-1/2 pound area, with no creep, sand, or drag. Less than enjoyable triggers have plagued many break action rifles, and long guns in general. It was a pleasure to see that Knight has adroitly addressed this problem area.

rvp Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
RANGE REPORT-------------204 ruger,223,308,30-06,270 barrels all shot MOA at 300 with factory loads---------45-70 shot MOA at 100 yards-------------will shoot the 243,300, and 444 on next outing. I still have a NIB 30-06 Barrel and a like new 50 cal Muzzel loader barrel for sale-----$200 your choice or $375 if you take both and pay shipping. Green Mountain barrels are 1st class.I have located 3, KP1 Stainless 45-70 rifles if any one is interested. I believe they are $499 each. They are at a large dealer in Jackson, Ms.

Last edited by rvp; 03/26/11.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Didn't this company go out of business some time ago?

rvp Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Yes they did and they will never make them again------------so I figure they will be collectable in a few short years. They are fine rifles------Green Mountain barrels and every one has fit the reciever perfectly and shot well. So far I have been pleased with them.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (10gaugemag, 444Matt, 44automag, 35sambar, 15 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 717 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,667
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.