Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
I love backpacks. I have too many. Need to thin the closet. Rather than post photos here, I've uploaded them in zip files. The photos are big and allow for all the details and any flaws to be clearly seen. If you'd prefer, I can also email them to you. PM me with any questions or requests.

all have been handwashed and haven't seen any gear or personal items since.

prices do not include shipping or fees

Dana Design - Bomb Pack
color: black with gray daisy chains
volume: 2900 cubic inches
pack body: large (18"-21" torso length)
harness: medium
belt: medium (30"-36" waist)
condition: like new
misc: Beavertail, entire body is made of 1000d Cordura, like the Overkills are. Even the back panel is 1000d. Lid is 500d Cordura. A truly bombproof pack built to be abused.
$200
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B2OVX2HJ photos here

Dana Design - Bomb Pack
color: black with yellow daisy chains
volume: 2900 cubic inches
condition: only sign of wear is the bottom has some fuzziness from being set down (I tried to show it in the photos, but it is so minor that it is difficult to catch). the yellow strapping shows some spots of bleeding from the thread tacking.
misc: Beavertail, entire body is made of 1000d Cordura, like the Overkills are. slightly newer model than my black/gray listed above, so the back panel is what is more commonly seen on Danas; the glossy mesh. Lid is 500d Cordura. A truly bombproof pack built to be abused.
$160
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UPHBKVJS photos here

Dana Design - Glacier
color: purple (not blue like seen in the photos)
volume: 5000 cubic inches
condition: like new in every other aspect than these: barely visible fading on the lid from where I left a sticker for too long. one ball point pen-sized puncture hole near the top of the left outside vertical pocket that is also barely visible; as if a pen tip poked through. a dime-width cut on the bottom that I had professionally mended with heavy-duty upholstery thread. The cut is only through the 1000d Cordura bottom and not the internal waterproof layer; virtually making it a cosmetic flaw. These packs are dual layered on the bottoms (bathtub design is what they called it), and the layers are not connected to each other. One lays directly over the other. Got lucky that the rip didn't go through that more important, second layer. each of these flaws is seen in the photos.
misc: another one of my Danas that dates back from 1995, making it a far superior backpack to anything that came later from the company. very similar to the Mystery Ranch Glacier model.
$190
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BT8GK91T photos here

GB1

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
messages sent. all still available. if you don't like a price, feel free to shoot me an offer. The Bomb Packs would be great day packs, overnight packs, and maybe even weekenders for hunting. Well over 3000c with the extension skirt. beavertail is perfect for carrying out. you won't find any specialized hunting packs that are built like these. They were built with ice climbers in mind, with sharp crampons and various ice picks and tools. Bombproof in every way.

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
/\

any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them. kind of too bad these old packs aren't more embraced by the hunting community. they smoke most anything new you'll find, and for a fair less money.

Z
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Z
all three packs are now SOLD.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 65 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,528
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.