Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OK,...fourth pic up from the bottom,....

izzat you on the left ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
[Linked Image]

Old Granary Cemetery? My sister in law's office used to be one of those windows and she heard in many languages "Oh, John Hancock" from people looking at headstones.

"Mother Goose" aka Mary Goose of the nursery rhyme fame as well as a few other luminaries there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granary_Burying_Ground

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

izzat you on the left ?

GTC
Night of the living dead! eek

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T

[Linked Image]
That pic there cracks me up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Tom264

izzat you on the left ?

GTC
Night of the living dead! eek

Democrat Ward Captain,....more likely.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
If I had to live in that crap....I'd just put a pistol in my ear and end it all!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

izzat you on the left ?

GTC

Nah. I'm in the bunny suit.

Allen, good call.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Bald Eagle

Have a good day man. In honor of personal freedom and the open squirrel season, I think I'll go put a hole through dinner's head.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sure it wasn't this?

[Linked Image]

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs
[Linked Image]

Old Granary Cemetery? My sister in law's office used to be one of those windows and she heard in many languages "Oh, John Hancock" from people looking at headstones.

"Mother Goose" aka Mary Goose of the nursery rhyme fame as well as a few other luminaries there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granary_Burying_Ground

Old Granary Cemetery,...had to look that one up,..made me laugh a bit.

Last month I was visiting my uncle in CA and he hands me this small zip-lock baggie with about 6 acorns in it. (Bear in mind, he went on a cruise along New England, up around Nova Scotia and down the St. Lawrence River a couple years ago) He says,.."know where those came from"? Scared to even ask, I said "nope". He tells me that he picked them up off of Paul Revere's grave. I asked him what he was going to do with them, if he was going to plant them. He just stood there, I could tell he hadn't thought of that. I guess he was just planning on keeping them in a zip-lock for a keepsake.

Anyhow, I guess this is one of the places he visited on his trip.

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Old Granary Cemetery,...had to look that one up,..made me laugh a bit.

Last month I was visiting my uncle in CA and he hands me this small zip-lock baggie with about 6 acorns in it. (Bear in mind, he went on a cruise along New England, up around Nova Scotia and down the St. Lawrence River a couple years ago) He says,.."know where those came from"? Scared to even ask, I said "nope". He tells me that he picked them up off of Paul Revere's grave. I asked him what he was going to do with them, if he was going to plant them. He just stood there, I could tell he hadn't thought of that. I guess he was just planning on keeping them in a zip-lock for a keepsake.

Anyhow, I guess this is one of the places he visited on his trip.

It's a popular tourist spot, the GBG. Lots of patriots and founding fathers in there. Both of Ben Franklin's folks are buried there, as is Sam Adams (the one in the pic with the stone and green plaque with water pouring onto Tremont is his). Paul Revere is there too, as you pointed out.. The building to the left front is the Park Street church, AKA the 'Fire and Brimstone church'. The King's Chapel, established in the late 1600s, is half a block away. 150 feet away is the Park street T station (nation's first subway), at the corner of Boston Common, the first public park in the nation (it originally was used as a collective for farmers to graze their livestock). It's also where Mary Dyer, Quaker, was hanged from an old oak tree, victim of religious intolerance, and is one of many who shared her fate into the 1700s.

Lots of neat historical stuff on the so-called Freedom Trail. The State House is a block way. A few blocks beyond is where the real Tea Party took place, and where Revere started his ride to warn colonists of the British coming for them. The Boston Massacre took place a quick walk away. The USS Constitution docks just down the street (though little of the original ship remains).

The building I work in housed British troops during the Revolutionary War, and in later years was a live-in sweatshop for women. I love the history all around me. It helps soothe the pain--and shame--I sometimes feel for being in a state that is so at odds--nay, at *war*-- with my core beliefs as an American.

Anyway, always happy to help any 24 folks if considering a visit.

And I know well what a baldie, and a turkey look like. That was a turkey. I just wish I had a real camera. The Globe would have paid for a good shot of that. wink FWIW, the GBG also is home to lots of squirrels, pigeons, tweety birds and other critters, and I have seen red tailed hawks, and peregrine falcons hunt, kill and eat there, amongst those buried. They live now on rooftops and on skyscrapers, but hunt as they always have. Some things, thank God, will never change. Anyway, sorry for running on. Again.

wink

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Leighton;

Hint: shuriken....

wink

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Leighton;

Hint: shuriken....

wink

If a statement were to be made, Claymores, more like. Not the edged variety. My arm's not what it used to be, sadly. Technology is our friend, grasshawpah.

wink

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Claymores mess up too much meat.

[bleep]? wink

K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by VAnimrod
Claymores mess up too much meat.

[bleep]? wink

We're not corn-municating. You're talking turkey. I thought you meant enemy libtard trash.

If I can find the pic, I'll post up a shot of yours truly, with a ~20 pound tom turkey that I caught BAREHANDED in Boston on the train tracks a few years ago. It was *not* easy. The wife rode in the back of the truck with our captive wrapped in a blanket, no worse for the wear. I'm not sure which of them was more freaked out, but I was having a ball with it, rolling through the Bean with a live boss turkey as passenger... wink

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Dude.... video of that would have been PRICELESS!

As for the lib-tards, the edged Claymore, please....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugeman, 21, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1234, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 3,341 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,294
Posts18,467,986
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.