Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That sounds like a fair assessment - a little miscommunication on both ends and things didn't end up quite where you expected.

It is nice to see someone not try to blame others, or is willing to share the blame, when something has gone wrong. Truly an unusual thing in todays society.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mart
SKane,
It is to end up on a 400 Whelen (ordered the barrel last week) and mostly I will be still hunting timber for moose with the occasional open country hunting for moose, bear and caribou. I have the old style post and cross hair on my 35 Whelen and liked it so well I wanted the same for the 400.

I have the scope mounted now and am going to the range later in the week to give a try. Shoot, I might like it. It is different than any other reticle I have used.

Mart

Ahhh yes. I can see where you might be skeptical on that reticle.

The 400 Whelen should make any moose in your area very sick. whistle

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I say keep it...

Life is just one damned thing after another
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"Mart"
In my earlier post I failed to state that my reticle change was a"Post/Duplex--not a post /cross hair.
G

"If you don't stand up for what you believe,,you stand for nothing"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mart
Drover,

The fault is not entirely on either party. I asked for a post and cross hair expecting the old style but did not articulate that. They installed a post and cross hair as requested, just not what I expected. There is fault on both parts, mine for not verifying exactly what they meant by post and cross hair and they for not having that information readily available. In their defense the guys in repair say they been after tech support to post pictures of the available replacement cross hairs.

I am not finding fault with Leupold. Their customer service has always been excellent.

Here is a picture of the reticle.

[Linked Image]

This is what I had hoped for.

[Linked Image]

The reticle on the bottom, I always called that a German #2.

Best smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
mart,
I know the feeling of not getting what you want, but what they furnished looks like a very nice woods reticle! I like that the top of post is stopping at the crosswire.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I miss the old post/crosshair reticle (your bottom photo) and I also wish it was a standard option today. I borrowed a rifle for several years that had a 2 1/2x Lyman Alaskan with the post/crosshair and made a one shot kill over 200 yards with it. The only disadvantage I can see is for beyond maximum point blank range if you have to hold over.

I just sold a Conquest with the German no. 4 reticle. I liked the no. 4 better than Leupold's standard duplex, but I will try their heavy duplex reticle in my next Leupold. I find that for quick shooting, I would prefer to have the heavy portion of the reticle touch where I want to hit, which is why if the post/crosshair was available today, it would be my first choice too. The German no. 1 applies this concept too.

If you decide to try out the reticle you ended up with, let us know what you think.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
mart, that's the same reticle style I wanted and was told what I emailed the tech support guy was a post & duplex reticle. The p&d is not like that style. I like what you got. I like my scope with the p&d reticle so it's no real loss to me. I like the type you got by mistake better than the older style. Thanks for posting the picture. Dave

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
mart, that reticule you had hoped for is what I wish I could get also. I have one in an Lyman All-American, and love it. Until three or four years ago Zeiss offered it in their 4X Conquest. The German #1 from Leupold is the next best thing I've found.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
M
mart Online Content OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Youper,

The one in the lower picture is from a Weaver K3x on my 35 Whelen. I really like it. It is surprising how effective a sight it is.

Mart

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1lessdog, 1234, 1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,312 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,599
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.