Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Polska Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Chandalar, it's nice to have something that is functional at night especially where you are, in case a bear comes strolling around at night. Plus no batteries required.

Just make sure you get the 1.25-4 not the 1-4x version. The 1.25x version is designed for "dangerous game" and "big game" hunting, as I saw on the trijicon website. It has up to 5" eye relief. While the The 1x-4x version has shorter eye relief of only 3.2" designed more for assault rifles

Jeszcze Polska nie zginela kiedy my zyjemy,co nam obca przemoc wziela szabla odbierzemy.

Bog, Honor, Ojczyzna
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have a trijicon 3-9 red triangle
It is a great scope. I'll give as many details to get rid of any mith and provide some information or answer most questions about it.

- I would not by any trijicon rifle scope unless it was an accupoint(maybe acog). the dot on the crosshair scopes is just not that visable and the whole advantage to the accupoint is that your eye draws to it naturally and fast. The accupoint also allows you to keep both eyes open and when you find your target, your eye will automatically focus on the reticle and target.

-The accupoint is blazing red, like an LED in the sun, like bright red paint in dark overcast or shade, and a just the right brightness in pitch black to not ruin your night vision. I've never had a problem not seeing the red reticle in any conditions against any back ground

-If you don't want the lit reticle, you can turn the shade over the fiber optics and have a black triangle to aim with.

-Trijicons pass most, no artificial lights on scope laws because it is not created by any electronics.

-the glass is clear and works well at dusk. no more wondering where your crosshairs are.

- if you want to use it at night hunting with a red light, I might choose a different color than the red reticle.

-I'm not sure how the eye relief is on the lower powers, but my 3-9 has more eye relief than the leupold VX-3 1.5-5 I had.

-Yes, a down side, the accupoint isn't as great for hold over shots at over 300 yards because the post under the triangle can block some veiw.

-the lense will fog if you breath on it in cold weather, but you can apply an anti fog coat for cheap

-mine has held up to the recoil of a 416 rigby no problem

-the tritium can get dimmer over 10 years, but during any light the reticle will always be like new and if you really need that pitch black illumination, trijicon will recharge the tritium for you to last the next ten years(not sure on the price, but I'm guessing $100)

Over all, this is a great scope if you get the accupoint. Some may not need the options this scope provides, but after I couldn't see my crosshairs the first time, I decided on one of these and have been happy with it.

I have had this scope on many rifles that have been sold, but the scope always stays with me. Once you get into the Swaravski scopes and such, then they are probable better than the trijicons, but for half the price, trijicon does a wonderful job without electronics or batteries.
They are very expensive, I think because they are the only ones that can claim this technology in a high end scope.(I think they should be a few hundred less, but they are still worth it for the options it gives to me.

Last edited by gohip; 04/21/11.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (1beaver_shooter, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1234, 55 invisible), 3,348 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,296
Posts18,468,010
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.