Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Friends,

One thing I sorta disliked about my 2010 Silverado 1500 4WD CC/SB was the console cupholders. The cupholder in front of the console was simply a black plastic thingie; ugly and no imagination.

So, I looked around, thinking that maybe the Escalade had a replacememt; there was a replacememt and it was wood finished, but it was darker.

Anyway, after a long, long time, I found that the LTZ Suburban and LTZ Tahoe has a real-live fake wood burl plastic thingie that absolutely matches all of the real-live fake wood burl that grows so freely on my dash and doors.

Here are photos .....

Enjoy,

Steve

The first two photos are of the original black plastic cupholder unit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And below are the are the photos of the new cupholder unit in place.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
That looks way better.. I got 2010 2500 ltz....

How much space did you lose in the front part???...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by noduck
That looks way better.. I got 2010 2500 ltz....

How much space did you lose in the front part???...

The cups fit better because they are supported brom behind.

In the front of the unit, I lost some space for holding stuff, but at least the "wood" one is covered.

I looked at several online sellers and settled on this one. The price wasn't the best, but return was possible if it didn't fit. I ordered Wednesday and got it today (Friday).

Steve

http://www.conquestauto.com/product_p/25912889.htm?click=2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks mighty spiffy. Now I really feel bad. My 2010 Z71 ext. cab is just an ol' plain jane LT interior. Dealer had an LTZ the same color/exterior trim as mine, but the sticker was several thou higher than the truck I bought.

How's the fuel milegage on your 1500? Kinda disappointed in my "new" one. My '06 Sierra Z71 ext. cab had pretty much the same drive train, but had 3.43 axles. The new one has 3.08 axles and the fuel management computer, gets worse mileage than the '06 GMC did.

Sierra was rated at 15/19, regularly did 20 on the highway. New boy is rated at 16/21, struggles to hit 19 on trips.

I also miss the "scratch" that the GMC had, from a dead stop. That thing was a rocket getting onto Interstates. The new one takes forever to get up to speed, with the higher axle ratio.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Friend Dube,

No doubt about it, the LTZ is an expensive piece of ordinance. To me, it was worth the extra cost. Of course, I thought this about my last one grin, but this truck could easily be my last. At 67 years of age, rapidly closing on 68, my body is in steep decline and a nice the best truck simply cuts many years off of how I feel.

Mine does easily 19 mpg on the highway and often 20-21 mpg. If I had to pick an average highway mileage I would bet 50/50 on, it would be 20 mpg.

Around town, I get a flat 14.5-15.0 mpg.

All hand-calculated.

My gear ratio is the 3.42 with the six-speed 6L80E tranny. The 3.42 gives an amazing low-end and an even more excellent top-end; it is absolutely the finest of both worlds.

I beleve a lot of your problem stems from the .308 gear ratio. Sad to say, they simply sit on the local lots.

Frankly, my 2010 has a great deal more "scratch" than my 2006 Duramax. The D'mas was untuned, as is my 2010, but the comparison is night and day. "Off the Line," say hustling to join traffic from an on-ramp, my LTZ is a fracking rocket-ship.

The 5.3 still tows my 6,500-pound trailer like it wasn't there, just like the slug of a D'Max, and the fuel is sixty-cents less per gallon.

Hope this helps,

Steve

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I miss my '06 Sierra with the 3.42 gears (couldn't recollect if it was 342 or 343?). Yep, one helluva rocket, with the 3.42 axles. That 5.3L is a pretty good motor.

My '06 had the four speed, 2010 Silverado has the six speed slush box. Both trucks have the tow/haul mode feature.

The GMC would do an honest 20 on the highway, if kept around 72 MPH (approx. 1600 RPMs). Best mileage was 20.5 or thereabouts, on several trips. But I tend to have a hard time staying at 72 MPH, when everyone else is goin' 75 and above. It's over three hours from home to hunting camp and time is "money" when I head for the cabin. ;O)

Towing-wise, the Sierra snatched around my 16' flatbed trailer pretty well. Either loaded with two cords of firewood, or a Ford Jubilee tractor w/6' flail mower attached. Haven't pulled that trailer with the Silverado, yet.

In theory, the fuel 'puter and 3.08 axles should do better fuel mileage than 3.42 gears, but such ain't the case, thus far.

Enjoy the comforts of the LTZ. I'm on the high end of 64 and already miss the power adjustable driver's seat that was in my GMC.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Friend Dube,

There were three non-negotiable "must haves" for us; leather seats, seat heaters (both seat and back) and BOTH seats had to have at least six-way electronic adjustable seats.

The LTZ offered that and much, much more.

The Nav unit is a rip-off, so we passed and I bought a state-of-the-art Garmin GPS ($369 at Costco) with lifetime maps. The GM unit is $2,200 and you have to pay boo-coo bucks for annual or semi-annual DVD upgrades.

Yes, in theory the 3.08 should give superiour fuel mileage. Perhaps it is the lugging of the engine that affects that. I'm not a wrench-head (handloading and rifles is my forte :grin), but the GM Websites are full of 3.08 versus 3.42 conroversy.

I'm an active member of http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showforum=3 where my screen name is 2010 LTZ Z-71 and there is scads of great info there. The community is civil and it is monitored fairly and well. You will not find the occasional disruptive asswipe there, like commonly inhabits the 24HCF.

Hey, my friend, simply love your truck for what it is. It's a beautiful thing, a guy and his truck.

All the best,

Steve

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the info guys... I have a 2010 LTZ as well and have had some of these same questions...now I found some answers!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by rifle
Thanks for the info guys... I have a 2010 LTZ as well and have had some of these same questions...now I found some answers!

Rifle,

I'll save you some work. A DARLING on the GM websites is GMPartsDirect.com. They were the cheapest on the cupholder part, but they wanted a whopping $31.00 to ship it ... and they claimed it was some sort of special order, indicared by a red star (*) which meant it was not returnable if it didn't fit. Bullshit.

There were all sorts of these kinds of "deals" on E-Bay, too.

I ended up maybe paying a few dollars more, but the company I chose sent by FedEx and I had it in my truck in three days.

By the way, removing your black cupholder unit is really difficult by hand. There are four little metal clips holding it; two amidships and two in the front. I didn't want to pry with a screwdriver, so I took ahold of two of the little internal fins with a pair of my jeweler's pliars (non-grooved jaws) and pulled UP AND TO THE REAR.

With perhaps thirty pounds of lift, the cupholder unit pulled out.

When you get the new unit, simply place it in the hole (there are two plastic prongs in the front that must orient into two holes in the main unit) and push down/forward.

You will have the unit installed in maybe twenty seconds flat.

Dang, it's PURDY.

Steve

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks man..it does look good. My wifle pulls the cupholders out all the time.Nothing like having a wife that used to own a "Maid Service"...Drives me nuts sometimes,she wants and demands clean!!LOL

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Friend Rifle,

The two "doors" open to a push on the chrome bars. Maybe a two-pound push, you remove your finger and the door opens over a (maybe) two-second cycle. It must be driven by a circular spring or something like that.

I wish I knew how to imbed a video clip to show you.

Anyway, opening the cupholder door and the front one is very civilized grin Pretty spiffy, actually.

I used the cupholder last evening when Karen and I went to Easter Vigil Mass (we worked umpteen hours facilitating the RCIA Reception for newly-baptized, newly-confirmed and First Communion at our Catholic Church). Anyway, the rear door opens vertically and really gives my can of Diet Coke a much firmer support than the original black plastic gizzy.

Is it worth $172.95 delivered? It is to me; the gorgeous LTZ burl wood motif extends from the dash and down into the cabin area. Besides, it adds wonderful support to my Diet Coke can. gringringrin

Happy Easter, my friend,

Steve

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I could use that on my '91. As it is, I spread legs, insert cup, clamp knees tightly together, pray I don't hit a bump so lid comes off.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I could use that on my '91. As it is, I spread legs, insert cup, clamp knees tightly together, pray I don't hit a bump so lid comes off.

Rock Chuck,

I was subjected to a terrifying ride once in a lifted-Ford truck in Northern Alberta. We'd just picked up a pair of jumbo cups of coffee at a Quik-Stop, it was like -25�F, and were cruising the back roads, doing some creative road hunting (tell me you don't do that grin)

Anyway, I'm bouncing in the worn-out seat with 32-ounces of hot java next to my three little boys, when a 170-ish whitetail jumps out of the borrowpit and across a huge property where have permission.

My erstwhile guide drove through an open gate and proceeded to race across the open plowed FROZEN field. My legs closed and my three little boys got scalded with impossibly hot coffee. Coffee cups flying, my beloved .280 Ackley is flying in the other direction and the schit has literally hit the fan!!!

No buck ... he was prolly laughing somewhere in the brush grin

I hunted hard quite bow-legged for a week.

Never saw the frickin' whitetail again, but ended up killing his buddy, a decent 165, that year. The best whitetail I killed up there was a solid 178 B&C.

Yeah, hot coffee should be restricted to a cupholder. It's safer ... for three reasons gringringrin

Steve

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice setup Steve and good to see you posting here once again!

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Nice setup Steve and good to see you posting here once again!

Plus one to that.

And to keep you here, please make use of the "ignore" feature for posters that aggravate you. It works wonders for me! smile

John

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Steve,I had to show my wife the picture of that cupholder. Looks great

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks really good Steve.Much better than the black holders.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"asswipes", "commonly inhabits the 24HCF", come on Steve, tell us what you REALLY THINK!

JEff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (1234, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,863 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,574
Posts18,453,952
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.