Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
nsaqam Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I agree that the multiplicity of sanctioning bodies and championships has hurt professional boxing more than anything else.

For the reasons given by Barkoff.

The PPV thing has hurt it too though. I remember watching some pretty big fights for free on my TV at home back in the 70's.

There are still some outstanding fighters out there but they just don't have the mass market exposure that the fighters of the earlier era did.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Direct me to some youtube vids of great MMA fights. I'd like to give it another chance.

If you don't get a "kick" outta this, you have no pulse!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That was the wildest thing I have ever seen in combat sports. I watched that fight live, and when it happened I just jumped out of my seat and started making loud noises.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Well I could go a round or two before gassing out.

I'd be good for about 45 seconds, then I'd have to throw in the towel.

If you ask my ex-girlfriend, she'd probably tell you the same thing......

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
IMO, the best moment in MMA history:

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
If I ever run into Dan Henderson I'm gonna buy him the biggest steak and the coldest beverage I can find! I fugg'n hate Bisping!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
That was the wildest thing I have ever seen in combat sports. I watched that fight live, and when it happened I just jumped out of my seat and started making loud noises.

Brian.

Did he push off the cage?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Brian.

Are you blind?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Brian.

Are you blind?

Laptop, small screen, cut a brother a break.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

He jumped up and bounced off the cage.

What makes it even more impressive is that it was in the final minute of a championship fight, with the fight tied up on two of the score cards. The greatest clutch move in the history of clutch moves.

Brian.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
If I ever run into Dan Henderson I'm gonna buy him the biggest steak and the coldest beverage I can find! I fugg'n hate Bisping!

The other night I needed something to watch, so I stuck in my DVD of UFC 100. I damn near wore the disc out replaying that knockout.

When they showed it live on the PPV, Henderson had his back to the camera and you couldn't really see the punch - you could just see Bisping going down. As soon as Bisping hit the mat, they changed camera angles and here comes Dan with that flying forearm. I just remember the ref pulling him off Bisping, and Bisping looking like a stiffened up corpse.

He didn't wake up for a good 5 minutes after that. And it didn't shut him up at all.

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I haven't been doing my civic duty, so here's some fights for ya'll to chew on.

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Brian.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Brian.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,653 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.