Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
That's a Grande whitetail.......damnation what a buck. Huntsonora, I didn't think you knew squat about big whitetails........ laugh

This guy killed this buck on the neighboring property to our whitetail place......he's got his arms stretched out too. I'm guessing he doesn't care.

[Linked Image  <br><br></div>
<br>

</div>

<div class=
It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JWALL
I've proven to myself I don't have to have an A 7 to kill game.

No, you don't. But, if you want one you should have one. My off the shelf 280 Remington has never needed replacing. But, I did want a Sako 85 Finnlight in 300 WSM. So I treated myself to one.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
This guy killed this buck on the neighboring property to our whitetail place......
[Linked Image]]

Aint that just the way of it?!

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Reloader 28: Oh yes, indeed. The problem is that I have TREATED myself more than the "average joe". Seriously, My Tikka T 3 Lite SS in 270 W. is a SWEETHEART.

I don't want to make a list, so I'll just say that I am more than prepared for anything this side of AFRICA,& BROWN BEAR.

If Brown Bear or Africa gets to be on my list, I wouldn't have to BUY a rifle (375 or 416 RM), I could trade or sell & buy; so until that predicament arrives, I am very happy w/my arsenal.

Now there are, as most rifle loonies, a few that I wouldn't mind having. But it took me a LOT OF YRS. to acquire what I wanted and I CANNOT whine about anything. During that time it took me getting and getting rid of rifles/cal. to figure out what I wanted.

Yes, I have more guns & calibers, than I NEED but we're not talking need. Really there are only 2 that I can think of quickly that I would really like to have. One is a medium cal. and I have it covered. The other is a LARGE cal. and Elephants are not threatening me or my family. Soooo...

Thanks for the encouragement anyway. My wife would tell you to "go away" >Grin.

We might as well turn this thread into something useful! !

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by huntsonora

As for the pictures, why do you care how its being held? Why wouldnt we take good pictures? Its a big ass deer with great mass and character. We took the pictures with the deer being held at the best angles to show what he is. Even with the pictures that were taken, it doesnt do the buck justice.

I'll tell you what, next year, when we again knock down some giants I will go out of my way to take a few [bleep] pictures just for you confused

laugh laugh

I'm not sure how the thread turned into a David Morris bashing. I eluded to him in my original post not because he's not a good guy or envy in that he slays some serious whitetails. I did so only because of his over-exuberance when pimping the A7 Tecomate.

BTW, Drummond, one of these years I'm going to need some help finding one of those piggy-poo's in CO. And, when we do, we're going to photograph the thing any gawd-damned way we please. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by NMpistolero
Originally Posted by rost495
looks like david morris has the extended arm photo technique down pretty good...

Dude, you just apologized to John Burns and now you're talkin out of your a$$ again...178" is big anywhere especially FREE RANGE CO!!! Just sayin....

I never said it wasn't big, I was just laughing at the fact that the photos are set up with arms extended like folks do to try to make things look bigger still. Thats a large set of antlers. You don't see those every day.

The whole point of the comments, in case you missed it, the OP, first post ever, is FREE ADVERTISING the rifle.. NOTHING MORE.

Every other post I"ve seen like this gets jumped all over.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
JG,what part of W Texas was that deer killed?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Access denied.

Oh yeah, I'm banned for life..... Those toolbags are probably ordering them as we speak.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
C
C
So all the bashing aside has anyone had a chance to handle one or shoot one. Looking closer at it, the Tecomate is an A7 with a BC medalist stock. Buying an A7 and putting a BC stock on it probably would end up costing close to 1100. I have a BC stock on one of my rifles and like it, particularly the aluminum bedding structure. I am interested in the 270 wsm caliber just because....not sayin I need one. In looking at similar products like the Winchester extreme SS, Browning SS x bolt, the Tecomate price seems on par.

Maybe a better question is to ask the A7 owners what they think of their rifle.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
See my earlier post in this thread, as well as some of my previous posts about the A7.

The A7 is an awesome rifle,...if a bit on the ugly side.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
i have liked the cosmetics of this rifle since the get go and of course all the hype of the A7 accuracy really got me lusting...couldnt find one anywhere to check out in person so considering my personality, i thought i showed great restraint holding off six moths before biting the bullet!..found a dealer that would take one of my rifles on trade towards ordering me one and have had it for maybe two weeks now...i am happy the way it feels and balances in my hands but havent made the time to shoot it yet...will eventually find out how it shoots, but reality is, its purpose is for big game hunting so it would have to be a major anomaly for it not to be able to perform satisfactorily enough to fulfill that need..if it shoots bug holes w/ factory ammo , that would obviously be a bonus !

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Just bumpin' to keep this ad at the top...

Wish I could get paid, but I 'spose Rick wishes he could too...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
That's a Grande whitetail.......damnation what a buck. Huntsonora, I didn't think you knew squat about big whitetails........ laugh

This guy killed this buck on the neighboring property to our whitetail place......he's got his arms stretched out too. I'm guessing he doesn't care.

[Linked Image  <br><br> </div></div><br><br>What a GIANT!  That mass is ridiculous!</div>
<br>

</div>

</td></tr>

</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

<div id=
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane

BTW, Drummond, one of these years I'm going to need some help finding one of those piggy-poo's in CO. And, when we do, we're going to photograph the thing any gawd-damned way we please. grin

Damn straight! Come on with it! We'll make sure to get a few crap photographs to make Rost happy grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NMpistolero
looks like david morris has the extended arm photo technique down pretty good...

Dude, you just apologized to John Burns and now you're talkin out of your a$$ again...178" is big anywhere especially FREE RANGE CO!!! Just sayin....

I never said it wasn't big, I was just laughing at the fact that the photos are set up with arms extended like folks do to try to make things look bigger still. Thats a large set of antlers. You don't see those every day.

Rost, gotcha player. Funny thing is, the pictures we have dont do the buck justice at all. He's MUCH better in person

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
efw: WHY? Why do YOU want to keep this ad at the top?

Whose payroll are you on? D M or Sako?

If there's not enough interest in it, let it fade.

That's the way I see it.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
So I'll add one more person on this forum who can't detect sarcasm without emoticons...

Note that I said I'm NOT getting paid, but thought that Rick (Bin, proprietor of this site) SHOULD.

sheesh...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
efw: MAYBE I misunderstood, I could NOT see sarcasm. It helps with an icon or <G> or something.

BTW, what are emoticons? <GRIN>

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
reloader 28: this is a follow up on the A 7 Tech.

Not too long ago I saw a price on the Sako A 7 Tech. $1200.00

I haven't been to the official site BUT isn't that price CLOSE? X X X

Just got off Beretta site-- $1410.00 A7 Techomate SS

Last edited by JWALL; 05/08/11.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Which brings us back to my point....$1400 is exactly TWICE what I paid for my A7 in August of last year. They made the rifle heavier, did nothing to improve accuracy, and DOUBLED the price.

From where I'm sitting, Beretta needs to focus on what their customers are saying and donkey punch the dip$hits in their marketing department.

They took a rifle that until now had a brief but sterling reputation and turned it into a punchline.

On a final and sincere note, have ANY of you ever been influenced to purchase a rifle because of who's shilling for it?

p.s. Those of you that shoot a .270 because Jack O'Conner said to do so are excluded because I'm in that category.

Last edited by iddave; 05/08/11.

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, Akhutr, 12 invisible), 1,362 guests, and 820 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,252
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.079s Queries: 15 (0.003s) Memory: 0.9044 MB (Peak: 1.0594 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2024-04-23 09:00:41 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS