Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bravo to you pacecars.

Good job.

This is what makes the fire a great place.

IC B3

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I hazzard to guess that if all cops and all attorneys quit campfire the numbers would drop by 1/4...we are here to help not hurt...quit banging on the very people that do a job you won't. The major majority are excellent at there profession and try to make bad situations better..yes there are bad ones just like in in your professions. I would help any of you if I had the means to do so (and it wasn't illegal). The military and the cops are the only two proffessions I know of that go in the direction of gun fire and not away from.

Last edited by copiam1; 05/15/11.

Sometimes it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission...
J
J
+1 to copiam's comments.

God, girl, guys, guns, graphics... it's all Good.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My two cents. Yes it sounds fishy. But how did you pay for the gun? If you used a credit card or pay pal especially, you can use them to get your money back.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by misplacedinnebraska
If you used a credit card or pay pal especially, you can use them to get your money back.
Uh, probably not with Paypal since they have a prohibition on firearms transactions.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
IC B2

10ring1 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I did receive verification from a detective in SC. I also received verification from a 3rd party on this site that the gun was indeed stolen. I will be shipping it back to the sheriff's dept. in SC this week. The pawn shop agreed to reimburse the seller and he will reimburse me this week. This is an excellent discussion and I am learning a great deal from all of this. Thanks again for everyone's help and advice.

Live and die by the Browning...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ok, so I admit that I did not read all 9 pages of this, sorry if I repeat myself - curiously...I have been thru this..and live in SC!

When this happened to me three years ago, I too bought from a local pawnshop here in upstate SC, and it has a giant banner over the two pawn windows that reads "DO NOT PAWN STOLEN ITEMS, YOU WILL BE CAUGHT". Yeah, that should have been my first/last indicator, right? Well, anyway, I got caught up in it, and was able to show no malfeasance on my part, so the cops were cool with it....but I lost the Browning A5. I very successfully sued the family of the person that sold it to the pawnshop in small claims court (the guy was by this point doing time in Prison for this and other stuff)....and 2.5 years later, have yet to recoup a dime of it. One of my childhood friends is by chance a wee-known SC attorney,a and per him, in the state of SC, you can ask for restitution thru the courts (my lawyer-friend took care of this for me). If approved (and it should happen) then once he is out of prison he will have to begin paying the courts system restitution, of which I would eventually receive a portion, probably a bit at a time, until paid (he gets out in 2012). So basically, I expect my $625 expense to be fully repaid by about 2017. That is about $6.50 per month/$78 per year,

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
124 members (16penny, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 444Matt, 32_20fan, 15 invisible), 1,861 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,672
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.