Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
On my 2001 Chevy Silverado the drivers side power window has a broken cable that operates the up and down of the window. Does anyone know what parts I will need to fix this???

GB1

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have a 2002 Silverado and I've replaced 4 regulators/cables/motors (so far!)

The cables have all been fine, it's been the motors each time. I'm pretty good at it now. IIRC it's about $100 a shot.

Hit a local NAPA store, they'll know.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Window regulator assy.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Aftermarket run you $40 or so online... I have em' down to 10 minutes...

Pop cover behind mirror on inside. just pulls straight out.

Pull lock selector (tab that goes forward and back) straight out.

Pop the switch plate straight up ( you can do this by hand) and unplug switches.

You now have access to the 3 bolts holding the panel on. here is a link i found with some pics for bolt locations http://www.truckmodcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1089

Just lift up on panel a bit and it is free. Unplug speaker and door light and set aside.

Ultra schmeng glue tar on the plastic that covers the inside of the door shell is awful. Peel some away to get access to holes or just take it off carefully.

Re-attach switch to slowly lower window a bit to see the two pinch bolts that hold the lift frame to the bottom of the window. Loosen bolts and hold window up while you retract frame. Place a screwdriver or something in one of the panel holes to hold window up While you finish removing regulator.

You will see all the bolts that hold the regulator etc in. Just remove them and put your new one in and reverse the above. May have to add some tape to the plastic to get it to stay.

Took me longer to type than to do it... The plastic covers and switch panel just pop back on. Keep track of the clips. They usually stay affixed but sometimes they pop off...

Woofer

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by woofer

Pop the switch plate straight up ( you can do this by hand) and unplug switches.

You now have access to the 3 bolts holding the panel on. here is a link i found with some pics for bolt locations http://www.truckmodcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1089

Just lift up on panel a bit and it is free. Unplug speaker and door light and set aside.

Ultra schmeng glue tar on the plastic that covers the inside of the door shell is awful. Peel some away to get access to holes or just take it off carefully.

Slowly lower window a bit to see the two pinch bolts that hold the lift frame to the bottom of the window. Loosen bolts and hold window up while you retract frame. Place a screwdriver or something in one of the panel holes to hold window up While you finish removing regulator.

You will see all the bolts that hold the regulator etc in. Just remove them and put your new one in and reverse the above. May have to add some tape to the plastic to get it to stay.

Took me longer to type than to do it... The plastic covers and switch panel just pop back on. Keep track of the clips. They usually stay affixed but sometimes they pop off...

Woofer

That is an awesome tutorial to use if you need to tear your door apart.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just added this thread to my favorites. My girlfriend is always having trouble with the driver side window in her 03 Silverado

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by woofer

Re-attach switch to slowly lower window a bit to see the two pinch bolts that hold the lift frame to the bottom of the window. Loosen bolts and hold window up while you retract frame. Place a screwdriver or something in one of the panel holes to hold window up While you finish removing regulator.

Woofer

Show off. <grin>

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It's pathetic when a vehicle has such a weak spot that a guy gets highly proficient fixing it repeatedly. I had a late '80's Subaru with a weak spot - the front CV joints. I got really good with those. Luckily, after market axles came with lifetime warranties so I was only out my labor. They were only good for 30 to 40k so I averaged 1 side per 15 to 20k.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Guess what, motor #5 crapped out today. Passenger side this time. Now it needs that plus a RF wheel hub because the wheel speed sensor can't be fixed.

Who wants it? 2002 Silverado Ex Cab, 4x4, LS, bucket seats, loaded, Leer cap. 112,500 miles.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Guess what, motor #5 crapped out today. Passenger side this time. Now it needs that plus a RF wheel hub because the wheel speed sensor can't be fixed.

Who wants it? 2002 Silverado Ex Cab, 4x4, LS, bucket seats, loaded, Leer cap. 112,500 miles.

I gotta say that really sucks. I would be getting rid of it as well

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's pathetic when a vehicle has such a weak spot that a guy gets highly proficient fixing it repeatedly. I had a late '80's Subaru with a weak spot - the front CV joints. I got really good with those. Luckily, after market axles came with lifetime warranties so I was only out my labor. They were only good for 30 to 40k so I averaged 1 side per 15 to 20k.

Pretty funny I have had 2 Subarus..one was fine but I only held onto it for 30k the other I got rid of when it hit 120k and it is slowly falling the [bleep] apart for the new owner. So much for their ruggedness.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

On the way home from a dealer after coming within a whisker of making a deal, I pulled into my driveway and walked behind my truck and found a trail of oil coming from underneath. No biggie, just a crack in the rear of the transfer case! A cool $650 to swap out my gears into a new case.

Anybody want it now??

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

On the way home from a dealer after coming within a whisker of making a deal, I pulled into my driveway and walked behind my truck and found a trail of oil coming from underneath. No biggie, just a crack in the rear of the transfer case! A cool $650 to swap out my gears into a new case.

Anybody want it now??

Dude, you have a black cloud following you around.. grin get rid of it ASAP

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Man, you guys are making this too hard!

Red Green has the answer!

Advanced Canuck technology to the rescue! wink

John

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,344 guests, and 1,160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,323
Posts18,468,478
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.