I sent in my order and deposit for a Model 25:

https://www.randallknives.com/catalog.php?action=modeldetail&id=2

lead time is now 58 months crazy

Let no one say I do not have patience!

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Put mine in on a modified 14 about 5 months ago. Figured I would go big.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I say anyone that waits for a Randall has the patience of a saint. I just don't see much in them. I hope you enjoy it and it was worth the wait to you. I have owned more then a few of them, couldn't get attached to any of them.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I envy you. That is a beautiful knife. Everyone should own a Randall. That being said, I don't. Too long of a wait. Too expensive. Always some reason. Keep your eyes open for one while waiting. Good luck.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the Model 25! But a 58 month lead time?!!! Daaaamn!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Model 25 I have owned before, and regretted selling. This one will actually get sharpened, and used. I guess I could have bought one off Ebay, for a ~$175.00 premium. I decided to order.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Nice!!! I waited three years for mine. Ordered two more for my kids and it was a four and a half year wait then. I am expecting to recieve them next july (2012) If I needed a knife, I would never wait, but if it is just something you want.........

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I feel lucky that Randall's knives do not really trip my trigger... to each their own... just glad its one less things that is expensive as hell and takes for ever to get that I am not after. I will admit, that pic posted and the model 25 shown in particular is probably the best looking Randall I have seen, IMO.

Andrew
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I still have a Model 25 on order.

The last one I bought though, I picked up through AG Russell. Paid a premium, but I have been using it for two years now.

As I get older, I see less and less reason to wait 58 months. The two hundred I would have saved works out to $3.50 a month. I can afford that.

I grew up down in Kissimmee, a few miles from Bo Randall's shop. He and my Dad were pals. I know the family. They won't cut me a damn bit of slack on the wait though. smile

Last edited by Mannlicher; 05/30/11.

Sam......

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Pretty close to being a Randall.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sure like those "Olts"!!!!

I take a lickin', and SOMEHOW, Keep On Tickin'!!!! smile
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by michiganroadkill

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very nice indeed smile what blade steel?

The model 25 is not only pretty, it has a fine feel to it as well; compact and solid, but still well balanced. The one I previously owned was the O-1 blade, and it took - and held - a nice edge.

I like the Model 14, too, but for me I frankly don't see much use for a big fighting/survival knife, and they are of questionable legality in Texas (at least to carry concealed). If I decided I needed one, I'd probably just buy a Chris Reeve Green Beret.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I use 154CM for that blade at 59Rc and cryo tempered. With or without a butt cap.
The Randall shown is stainless blade and nickle silver guard with walrus tusk core ivory stick.
Tim

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
Albert Einstein

At Khe Sanh a sign read "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected never knew".
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Very nice indeed smile what blade steel?

The model 25 is not only pretty, it has a fine feel to it as well; compact and solid, but still well balanced. The one I previously owned was the O-1 blade, and it took - and held - a nice edge.

I like the Model 14, too, but for me I frankly don't see much use for a big fighting/survival knife, and they are of questionable legality in Texas (at least to carry concealed). If I decided I needed one, I'd probably just buy a Chris Reeve Green Beret.

Ah, but for that pesky zombie killing, they are tops. wink

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use 154CM for that blade at 59Rc and cryo tempered. With or without a butt cap.
The Randall shown is stainless blade and nickle silver guard with walrus tusk core ivory stick.
Tim

I have one of Tim's knives in this pattern. Suffice it to say, they are top-shelf. If you haven't had the chance to get one from him, then you are missing out.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, to dust off an old thread, it arrived on Friday. Still feels as good as I expected. Still needed sharpening too, which I sorta expected.

See about using it on a deer or auodad later this year smile

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
With bloody pics to follow.......

Albert Einstein

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
And here I was all set to order a model 5

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Well, to dust off an old thread, it arrived on Friday. Still feels as good as I expected. Still needed sharpening too, which I sorta expected.

See about using it on a deer or auodad later this year smile

Got to ask ... do you think it was worth the $$$$ and the very long wait ?

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is not hard at all to find most Randall models on the shelf of a dealer with only a reasonable amount of markup....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 57 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,564
Posts18,453,755
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.