-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1st time in the back with a pelet. Still in there. Cousin shot me from the top of the barn. he missed the 2nd shot then I rapped the gun around a suport beam before he could get off the 3rd. My uncle dished out his punishment when he saw the gun.

2nd Xray shows a BB in my right foot. Doc said it looks to be #6. Got no Idea how it got there.

If you cann't stand my spelling use the ingore feature.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
A couple of times. Some mexican bailed out of a truck at a cattle tank during dove season. One of the 12year olds was packing a 12guage, he was about 40yards away but i could see him drawing down and getting ready to fire. I turned my back to him trying to protect me eyes. Got patterned pretty good.
The WWII field jacket i had one protected me at that distance.

Second time was when i forgot a law of physics and tried to fire a 30.06 armor piercing round through a railroad rail top to bottome. It cam back out and winged me in the leg.
So i shot myself so to speak.
And i have been hit a number of other times by birdshot. It kind of gets hectic around the tanks during dove season

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yes.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
I forgot.... we were maybe 13 and organized a BB gun war.

John Kilber was hiding behind a lilac bush, but I could see a little bit of grey of his hooded pull-over.

Got him right between the eyes....

And that was the end of that chit!

Last edited by las; 06/02/11.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
been shot at three times:

once with a mini 14 223

once with a 1911 45

once with a glock 40

FJB
IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
Or shot somebody?

I was just thinking of it for my daily random thought.

You have to tell the specifics. Who, where, what with and why?

Winnie1300

Shot at, yes. Hit, no. Not hunting related. The other question I won't touch with a ten foot pole. Take whatever you'd like from that.

Last edited by kamo_gari; 06/03/11.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes,I was shot 10 years ago on Drummond Island ,Mi while bird hunting.Broke my own rule, by hunting with someone I did not know.A friend of a friend came along and guess what,he's the one that shot me from about 20 feet with #6 out of a 20 gauge. thank god,I had on glasses and heavy Filson upland gear.They still pulled out over 75 pellets from arms,legs,hands and neck.He got scared,puked in the woods,later left camp and drove home during the night.We spoke some weeks later,he decided that hunting was not for him,as he had also had a problem the year before in a duck boat..I didn't want to know any more...lesson learned for me

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My Brother shot me with the BB gun plenty of times.

The first time I went pheasant hunting, I got blasted at about 40 yards. Forget 20 feet! 40 Yards still hurt plenty. Public land. 6AM, they open the gates to the management area and a hundred people go in. Of course the Chinese people go in earlier and you see them walking back with birds in their vests as you're walking out. Well, I walked off the dirt road into a planted field and a bird pops out in the path maybe 20 yards from me. The bird jumped up and there was a Chinese guy in the field who raised his gun at the bird. The bird was probably half way between him and me. I screamed and he fired. I turned away and got hit with a dozen pellets. They hurt. One hit me in my bare neck and went in. I hunched over and had to catch my breath. I walked out, reported the guy to the wardens and drove myself to the walk in at the University of RI where I was in school. The Indian woman doctor was hysterical and wanted me to go to the real hospital for X rays. I drove home to my doctor I had since I was a baby and he numbed me up, made a little cut and took the pellet out. I have a 3/4" scar on the back of my neck near my left shoulder from it. From the time the guy shot me, the thing hurt. The other pellets hitting my clothed skin hurt. I would not want to get shot with anything ever again.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Been peppered lightly with bird shot a time or two. If you do group dove hunts in Texas it'll happen sooner or later.

Sort of shot myself twice and was lucky both times. First time at the age of 12 a BB ricochet (sp?) off the basement wall hit me in the right eye. Had been forbidden to touch the weapon when parents not home. That's why I was in the basement so no one would see me. That didn't work out so well. Lucky part was I did have safety glasses on so no injuries but had to fess up about the glasses.

Second time I was practing quick draw with the 45 Colt, (I know, but I watched all those westerns in the 50s), and was doing fairly well until I fired on the draw. Hit my right boot. Only damage was to the boot. Lost a bit of the side of the sole. Couldn't get much closer than that!

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I got showered with birdshot on two occasions, but nothing that penetrated. 'Shot at a running rabbit with my trusty Crossman pellet gun and had the pellet come back and conk me in the forehead. Didn't even break the skin on this stuborn old German.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yes, 22lr as well.
Into my left palm and across my hand, shattered my middle tarsal and blew a hole the size of a half dollar out the back
The mitt surgeon tied the hand together with a plate.

Now my middle ( FU ) finger is 1/2 shorter than it was before.

It burns like a [bleep]@#%&er
and now fortells the weather.

Lesson:
I'm no superman.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have shotgun pellets embedded in my shoulder and face.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
also shot with rocksalt from a shotgun as a kid 12?13?
trying to steal watermelons from a truck garden! LOL
peppered my azz and thighs.
That burned pretty bad too and I hid out and soaked it away

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
my Dad got shot with a 22 rifle hull.
they were burning some limbs and some trash.
it seems a 22 bullet had found its way into the trash.
It got hot, went off, and the hull hit him in the belly.
It barely stuck into the skin and he just plucked it out.
I suppose the brass weighed less than the lead, so it was what "shot away".

I was almost shot by an idiot while deer hunting when I was about 12. He did something really stupid and after explaining to the hunt camp leaders how it happened and wondered why I wasn't shooting at the deer since it was a legal spike, they invited him to never hunt with us again. It was plainly a doe (which was illegal back then) about 20 yards from me. He was 150 yards away with a high powered rifle. when he raised the rifle directly at me (the deer between he and I) I dove for the ditch. The bullet passed thru the deer hitting the ground about 10 feet from where I was standing. He thought he had missed so made up the spike story. I felt he had hit it and they found the deer just inside a thicket. They Told him to take it and never come back. shoulda called a warden on him, but they didn't.

I'm a pharmacist and was almost shot in an altercation with a criminal. We were hitting each other in the parking lot trying to hold him until the police arrived. Headlocks and punching. Then a guy from the Radio Shack next door came out with a pistol that he proceeded to chamber a round and threatened to shoot the perp if he didn't give up. Then he walks up and tries to do something he likely saw on tv. he was gonna hit the guy in the head with the pistol. As he swung the gun down he squeezed the trigger. Pistol went off between the perps head and mine, no more than a few inches from our heads. Scared me, but the criminal just melted and stopped struggling, scared to death. The Radio Shack guy freaked out because he thought he had shot him or me.
Looking back, I want to say "in hindsight, it was funny", but in no way was it funny.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shooting a Colt Anaconda at a local range. A piece of copper jacket flak came back and went into my left forearm. Bled all over the place. Had to have it removed later on. Sold the gun.

Too bad Dick Cheney's lawyer is not on this forum, I bet he has a tale. whistle

Last edited by Mink; 06/03/11.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another shotgun deal here......was dove hunting once, back when I was in HS.

16 gauge Remmie pump, swung on a dove that was flying low below a tree line about 30 yards away. Still can't figure out how this happened, but a single shot must have bounced off the trees and hit me in the forehead. Left a small red mark, that was it.

No clue as to how it happened, and I was hunting alone so I know there were no other shots in the area.

Probably could never repeat that one.....

Tony

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I thought this was going to be a drinkin' thread - shota whiskey, and such.

What I've learned is that shotguns, and fast drawing can put lead, copper, or wax in ya.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, both at the same time. Took a 25 auto in the shoulder, it did surprisingly little damage after passing only through a light jacket. They basically just plucked it out of the hole.

Th court martial (Which the JAG said was a formality)found that:

While performing my duties I interrupted the seaman attempting to break into a naval facility containing classified equipment.

The seaman fired at me with a 25 automatic he illegally had, striking me once, and the ground behind me at least 4 times.

I returned fire with my service revolver with cause and in self defence, striking him 3 times, two in the chest and one in the abdomen, hitting the door behind him twice and firing a 6th time which is unaccountable. (Its in the ocean, and it was likely the first round)

They said the finding was due to the physical evidence and my statement, which had no counter.

The charge, Manslaughter by culpable negligence. Go figure.

JAG said I couldn't be charged again in any court criminally on any of the evidence. He also said that since the Courts Martial stated that I acted within the scope of my duties I could not be sued by the perps family. He said at the time the navy might withhold the information because it happened on a secure classified facility.

Last edited by crosshair; 06/03/11.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
no. came closer than I ever care to again, but no.

talk about getting hit with a ricochet...

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
1 AK round in the calf in SEA plus some jacket fragments another time. 41 Long Colt while interrupting an armed robbery in progress. as to shooting others, a few time in the military and once as a cop.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1minute, 60 invisible), 3,224 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,591
Posts18,454,313
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.