Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
What precocious teeny bopper clich�s and platitudes ?

Provide specifics please, so we can talk about what you�re talking about.

Hope you have current/recent examples that are relevant to Palin�s positions and the oncoming election.

Unlike you, Bows, I don't hang on her every inane word so cannot quote chapter and verse. Let me just say it is my general general impression, after listening to her puerile rantings for the last almost two years, that she is not qualified to be President. That impression seems to be shared by a majority of the electorate as will be proven if she runs.

The fact that many here attack me on a personal basis and bring up completely irrelevant subjects to refute my brilliance seems to confirm it.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ironbender
California has not ben on the right side of a presidential election since 1988.

What right side was there to be not on?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
mark me down as being unimpressed of at least around 48-55% of the electorate and how they vote

they, not Obama are the problem, never been any shortage of community organizers that were so egotistical to write their memoirs at the tender age of 42, but in the past there weren't enough dumbazzes to vote for such an oddity.

but the dumbazzes have been breeding and there's more of them now.

thus if we're going to have a nation that resembles what this country became based upon the principles of freedom and liberty, it's going to have to be without those of that ilk.

they can keep their great society for as long as they can afford it. I don't mind chippin in for national defense but I'm totally unimpressed with how they spend ours and those good Chinese folks money.

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 06/06/11.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We can't afford 4 more years of Obama. I'll take 75% of the pie by running someone who can win, but may not satisfy everyone, to running Palin, who, far more likely than not, hands Obama the whole damn pie.

I hear this a lot, but no name to go with it. Palin can't win, Sarah will mean four more years of Obama. Put some names out there that can win. Instead of bashing Sarah all the time, lets build somebody up. I don't think Romney is it. I know some Baptist that flat out state they will not vote for a Latter Day Saint and they are ultra conservative. I don't agree with that reasoning but I just get one vote. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"Palin can't win"

Rush and a caller named Vinny from Queens had an incredible conversation Friday afternoon on Limbaugh�s radio show. Rush said these things to Vinny:

What you basically said to me was, �The media has so thoroughly destroyed her, she doesn�t have a chance.�
[...]
�why are you gonna sit there and accept that?
[...]
Conventional wisdom inside the Republican Party is that she�s not running. Now, I�ll say this: If she�s afraid to run, then the media terrorists have won.
[...]
And just think, now, how power-mad they�re going to be if they decide they can destroy any candidate they choose � and make no mistake here: Their objective is to keep her out of this race. Just, um� I don�t know. Just in a � what�s the right way to say this? In a philosophical, real world sense, it just bothers me to hear people, anybody.
It�s not just Vinny; I�ve had a lot of people say this to me, and I�ve gotten into raised-voice arguments with people at my own dinner table over this, so much so that Kathryn pointed me to the door to leave.

People started telling me how stupid she was, Palin.
I asked, �Why do you think she�s stupid?�
Everything they believe is a total product of what they�ve seen in the media.
Therefore, people are willing to sit around and say, �Okay, media destroyed her.
Too bad, she�s gone.�
Yet we�re supposedly sophisticated.
We understand that�s what the media�s trying to do, and we�re just saying, �Okay, they won.
They won with Palin, fine.�
If that�s it then don�t ever call me again complaining about the media.
If you�re willing to let the media win in taking our people out, fine.
Stop complaining about �em. Stop complaining about �em being liberal.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by ironbender
California has not ben on the right side of a presidential election since 1988.

What right side was there to be not on?

Uh, how about the side opposite of Obama?

There, wasn't that easy? Sheesh. smirk

It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world. - Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wake up people, the media will destroy ANY conservative candidate, that's a given. What you need to do is figure out WHY they have such a blind raging hate-on for a particular candidate.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by grouseman
Wake up people, the media will destroy ANY conservative candidate, that's a given. What you need to do is figure out WHY they have such a blind raging hate-on for a particular candidate.

Because they are afraid that she would be a winner?

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by grouseman

A lot of the attacks have to do with the background of many of the editors and writers. But they'll go after libs also-look at Weiner. But a huge part of the problem has to do with the inability of conservatives to define themselves, the inherent conflicts between the some of the historic positions of the Republican Party, and the necessity of shoehorning conservatives into the Party.

What the media reports is often that ugly process.

The Republicans eat their own; when a candidate with potentially broad appeal shows up, what happens is inevitable. He first has to link the Libertarian, Christian Right, and Far Right wings of the Republican Party. That requires almost any successful politician to adopt positions pandering to each. Reagan was able to do it, because he communicated so well. If he ran now, he'd be hammered over his support for gay rights, and signing California's abortion law. People on this board would swear up and down he's a RINO.

You see a lot of that friction between western conservatives, who run libertarian, and southeast conservatives, who tend to inject more social conservativism. So we see candidates getting torn down for not being "conservative" enough on social issues... which means potential candidates from the fiscal conservative/libertarian wing try to adopt socially conservative positions, even though that's never been in their makeup. At the same time, the hard-core Christian Conservatives have there own issues (such as, don't trust Mormons), while commentators attack successful conservatives who have recognized the realities of functioning in a world of widely varying beliefs. Huntsman may be the most qualified Republican to surface in many years... and is far more conservative than most people believe, yet he's getting ripped from all sides. Hell, in some places, Conservative candidates have to support creationism to garner support.

And finally, the media has a great time going after conservative candidates, because we often can't figure out what is actually "conservative." Barely a thread goes by without someone ripping on "Obamacare," or the Mass. plan, and the individual mandate. They forget that the concept of the insurance exchange, and the individual mandate in the Mass Plan, was a concept that came from conservative think-tanks, but is disavowed by libertarians. Or that Cap-and-Trade was conservative idea.

There's also the whiff of hypocracy/ignorance that the media loves. We can talk about small government... but look at the size of gov't increases under Republican administrations. Nothing gets more photo play than the Tea Partier with the "Don't touch my Medicare" sign. Or the posters here with tagline about TR and Liberals... apparently unaware that when TR used the term liberal, it referred to individuals who supported a free market, without regulation. The list is endless.

In California, the Republicans have reduced the party to squabbling about who's more conservative. They're offering no solutions to the many problems of the state, other than "cut spending," but without any identification of where those cuts should be.

We need to acknowledge a variety of views on the right, and run candidates who can get elected. It's delusional to think we can elect a candidate who satisfies every "conservative" demand, particularly when a significant percentage of the American population is adamantly opposed to at least one of those positions.

As Patton said "If everyone's thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

Murphy was an optimist.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just remember, when it comes to politics, money talks. The guy with the most usually wins. Sure hope that isn't true next time.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
More from Rush�

I am still thinking about the phone call we had with Vinny from Queens.
I�m sorry, folks. I can�t get past this.
This is not aimed at Vinny, �cause it�s not just Vinny from whom I�ve heard this.
I just can�t get past this: �Rush, the media has destroyed her.
There�s no hope.
She�s damaged goods, and average, ordinary people who are not even paying attention yet still think she�s an absolute goof.
We don�t have a prayer. We gotta move on.�

It just grates on me to acknowledge that kind of defeat.
You may think it�s just acknowledging reality, but it�s defeat.
�Cause I was always under the impression here that one of our objectives is to not let the media do this to us.

Now, I know that a lot of people think that they�re the only ones who know what the media has done to Sarah Palin.
But odds are if Vinny from Queens sees that the media has launched this search-and-destroy mission on her, a lot of other people probably have, too.
At some point the media smear of anybody peaks.
They either get �em out of office or they don�t.
In Nixon�s case, he was gone.
But Palin is enjoying life. She�s got this bus tour.
That�s why I said on Greta�s show last night, �Palin has learned to throw it right back at �em.� You�ve heard the old adage, the best revenge is success.
She�s earning a good living. She�s living life as she chooses, where she chooses. They are as angry that they haven�t forced her into an insane asylum as anything else.

At some point, folks, the smear of Palin has to peak.
The smear of anybody has to peak.
And the more people see her in relation to what they�ve heard from the media, the odds are more and more people are gonna realize they�ve been lied to.
It�s like when people meet me in person. Some of them are genuinely shocked. They�re expecting me to be whatever they�ve heard the media portray me as.
So at some point people are gonna realize the media has been lying about her.

And I�m not making the case for it, because I don�t know whether she�s running. I�m not endorsing anybody right now.
Vinny�s not the first guy to say it, but when I hear people say, �The media�s destroyed her, Rush, we gotta move on,� it just bothers me.
I thought that�s what we�re trying to prevent here along with many other things.

Rush nailed it.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Rush will support Romney. Romney will be the nominee.

I have not endorsed Romney or any other candidate at this time.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
C
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
"Palin can't win"

Not as long as she keeps popping up these goofy quotes, she can't, and won't.

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Palin can't win"

Everybody seems to know who can't win but nobody has an opinion of who can win. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ColsPaul
"Palin can't win"

What goofy quotes?

Provide specifics please, so we can talk about what you�re talking about.

Hope you have current/recent examples that are relevant to Palin�s positions and the oncoming election.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222ND, 73 invisible), 2,507 guests, and 1,278 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,677
Posts18,456,258
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.