Hop To
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NathanL
Originally Posted by fish head
What do you think $400.00 a month rent gets? That's what it costs to share a place or just rent a room in the last three states I've lived in at today's rental costs.

What a couple with minimal education and skill can afford...doesn't matter how nice it is.
And what great skill do you provide to society that makes your work worth a good wage to me ? Whatever it is, chances are good I can live without it/you and probably could forever. On the other hand, I do find a need to eat pretty much every day, yet the folks who are responsible for putting food on the grocery store shelves likely make far less than you.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart
And wqhat great skill do you provide to society that makes your work worth a good wage to me ?

I doubt you employ anyone, in the first place.

And you just emphasize the point....why should you be required by the government to pay anybody more than you think they're worth to you.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What do you think $400.00 a month rent gets? That's what it costs to share a place or just rent a room in the last three states I've lived in at today's rental costs.

What a couple with minimal education and skill can afford...doesn't matter how nice it is.
And what great skill do you provide to society that makes your work worth a good wage to me ? Whatever it is, chances are good I can live without it/you and probably could forever. On the other hand, I do find a need to eat pretty much every day, yet the folks who are responsible for putting food on the grocery store shelves likely make far less than you.

I employ a lot of those people who make minimum wage.....I can say for the great majority of them - there's a reason you are making minimum wage. That reason is because if I fired you I could find and train someone else to do that job in a minimum amount of time. That's the basis of why someone gets paid what they do. If I were to fire someone and it would take 6 months to find and train a replacement chances are you will not be making minimum wage. If I fire the guy that sweeps up in the afternoon who makes minimum wage I could have another guy who sweeps up just as good before business close the same day.

I build chemical plants, refineries, steel buildings, bridges, schools, hospitals etc...so as soon you can drive with no bridge, go a lifetime without gasoline or any chemials produced in the US you can do without the services I render. Do others do it to? Sure. But I do it fast enough, good enough and cheap enough to stay in business which is the basis of our economic system in the US.

Last edited by NathanL; 06/09/11.

Otto is my co-pilot.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
You can't hire an employee for mimimum wage worth keeping. If you think so hire them. I'm surprised your business is still in business.

If you meant that for me - sorry. I left that business over 20 years ago. The last person I hired was an unskilled laborer to help me paint my house. I paid him $10.00 an hour cash which I thought was fair.

-----------------------------------------

OOPS! I made a mistake in my math in a previous post. Avereage full time hours @ 40 hours per week is 173 hours - NOT 133.

My figures were off due to old age. blush

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
You can't hire an employee for mimimum wage worth keeping. If you think so hire them. I'm surprised your business is still in business.

If you meant that for me - sorry. I left that business over 20 years ago. The last person I hired was an unskilled laborer to help me paint my house. I paid him $10.00 an hour cash which I thought was fair.

-----------------------------------------

OOPS! I made a mistake in my math in a previous post. Avereage full time hours @ 40 hours per week is 173 hours - NOT 133.

My figures were off due to old age. blush

You can here if all you want is minimal skilled labor. Like the guy who comes in and sweeps up the shop is paid minimum wage. The guy who comes once a week and washes the shop truck is paid minimum wage. All jobs that realistically if they quit I could someone else to do for the same price in a matter of hours if I looked.

Otto is my co-pilot.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
And wqhat great skill do you provide to society that makes your work worth a good wage to me ?

I doubt you employ anyone, in the first place.

And you just emphasize the point....why should you be required by the government to pay anybody more than you think they're worth to you.
Well, you ain't worth a [bleep]' thing to me so you can go [bleep] yerself. The ONLY use I ever had for a lawyer in my whole life was when I bought my house and that's a business you scumbags created for yourselves.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I employ a lot of those people who make minimum wage.....I can say for the great majority of them - there's a reason you are making minimum wage. That reason is because if I fired you I could find and train someone else to do that job in a minimum amount of time. That's the basis of why someone gets paid what they do. If I were to fire someone and it would take 6 months to find and train a replacement chances are you will not be making minimum wage. If I fire the guy that sweeps up in the afternoon who makes minimum wage I could have another guy who sweeps up just as good before business close the same day.

I build chemical plants, refineries, steel buildings, bridges, schools, hospitals etc...so as soon you can drive with no bridge, go a lifetime without gasoline or any chemials produced in the US you can do without the services I render. Do others do it to? Sure. But I do it fast enough, good enough and cheap enough to stay in business which is the basis of our economic system in the US.
Hey man if you didn't do it somebody else would. You ain't nuthin' special despite what you'd like to think. I've built houses, industrial smoke stacks, cable TV systems and custom rifles among other things in my time and I don't figure I'm better than anyone else.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, you ain't worth a [bleep]' thing to me so you can go [bleep] yerself. The ONLY use I ever had for a lawyer in my whole life was when I bought my house and that's a business you scumbags created for yourselves.

I suspect you're leaving out a few public defenders.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I suspect you're leaving out a few public defenders.
And I suspect you're a child molester but I digress and refuse to be brought down to your level.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Will a minimum wage always be too high? Are the 3% of adults earning that minimum over paid? What happens if its eliminated? Do they start speaking chinese? Could there be some real [bleep] entrepeneurs that paid low enough that ya end up with a bunch of chinese unions?

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I digress and refuse to be brought down to your level.

for such a toilet mouth, that's a hoot, that is.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Damn I wish Bristoe was here.grin

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Aww, does yer puzzy hurt ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Aww, does yer puzzy hurt ?

the prosecution rests

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Fishhead, why do you want to hold so many people down to such a low standard of living? Why do you oppose my idea of raising the minimum wage to $50.00 per hour? I would like an explanation.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Bet you never told that to no judge. I bet I bet.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
heck, make it a hundred.....make everybody rich.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey man if you didn't do it somebody else would. You ain't nuthin' special despite what you'd like to think. I've built houses, industrial smoke stacks, cable TV systems and custom rifles among other things in my time and I don't figure I'm better than anyone else.

There's the difference - I'm better than lots of people.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nobodies saying anybody is better than anybody else. Some folks did figure out early on that they'd be better compensated if they gained certain skill sets, as well as were willing to go where those jobs are located. Other folks might not have any advanced skill sets, but they still figured out if they worked hard, and made their employer a profit, there'd be money in it for them as well.

I'm thinking if those that are unhappy with their lot in life put their anger, resentment and jealousy into gaining some skills and relocating to where the better paying jobs were located, they'd be better off.

I've seen way to many people from foreign countries that have none of the advantages of people that were born here, yet managed to make a success of themselves. Amazing what someone who is intelligent and hard working can achieve. Those that look for excuses vs. opportunities, well, not so much.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
heck, make it a hundred.....make everybody rich.
Now you're being ridiculous. grin

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (44mc, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, 13 invisible), 1,600 guests, and 712 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.